ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tells Curry

Conversely, the NFL could have a real problem on it's hands if Trump is shallow enough -- and we all know he is -- to beat this into the ground. Who is the NFL's target audience? Straight white males. Who are trump supporters? Same folks.

While the hardcore fans will dismiss his rantings, many will choose politics over one form of entertainment. This will be interesting to watch. Personally, I have lost almost all interest in watching sports. I haven't watched a single sporting event other than Marshall football and basketball in its entirety in 2-3 years.
pretty much this. while i was taking the morning constitutional and reading the hilarity that ensued on the interwebs, all i could think of was . . . damn, i'm glad that shit pain is gone. oh, that, and exactly what rox said above. trump, like him or not, knows what he's doing and knows his audience. what i don't understand is why he wants to destroy a business that generates tax revenue hand over fist.

NFL ratings are going down like TV ratings in general are going down. It still kicks everything else on TV's ass and always will. Also, the NFL isn't as big in Trump country. It's SEC college football/NASCAR country.

But all this crap is doing is completely vacating any middle ground we have as a country. I've seen it on this board, where posters can be at each others' throats for a week on social/religious topics and then they'll actually agree on something politcal/economical. People in congress and the senate have to love this shit. They can sit on their ass and do absolutely nothing while people argue over the national anthem at football games. Our society is shit because our people are shit. Nobody wants to listen or try to understand anyone else--and that's all sides, including the open-minded liberal. Just post some half-witted meme/video that sums up their beliefs and get warm fuzzy feelings inside while the "likes" pile up. Getting instant gratification while doing absolutely nothing of substance. Sadly, that's also our president.

Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists march on the UVA campus carrying torches and screaming racist chants......crickets from our President until the following day when an innocent protester was killed by a white supremacist. Then he said there were "very good people on both sides".

Some African American NFL players kneel during the National Anthem to protest racial injustice and our President loses his mind.

Just for the record, Marine echoes the sentiments of many of the veterans I have spoken with over the last several days. They all understand that they didn't serve and fight for the flag, they served for our right to do exactly what the players have been doing. They also understood who the they were fighting on behalf of, us , the people of the United States, not the President.

Respect to you Marine!!!

Reactions: NutcaseConservative
I am all for stopping the national anthem as a pregame event as an experiment.

Would be interesting to see how much "concern" over "equality" would be demonstrated by these players if they lost this particular platform for group expression.

NFL ratings are going down like TV ratings in general are going down. It still kicks everything else on TV's ass and always will. Also, the NFL isn't as big in Trump country. It's SEC college football/NASCAR country.
ha. trump country looks to be SEC, ACC, Big 12, and B1G country, along with a bit of PAC.

So, it sounds as though the liberals are siding with those that choose to take a knee, and disrespect the anthem. I'm assuming you all feel it's their right as a citizen to do so, right?

What if... a white redneck, 345 lb nose tackle out of Louisiana Tech, came running out of the Jets locker room next Sunday, waving a confederate flag in the air. Would you feel the same?...or, would he have no right to do so?

Trump is actually quite a talented magician/politician.....

Look at the shiny thing over here....spoiled rich black men are disrespecting our flag!!! Oh the humanity!!!

While over here, his Son, Son-in-law, General Flynn, Paul Manafort, and others colluded with the Russians. Oh yeah and pay no attention to Jared's private server. All the while US citizens are starving on the island of Puerto Rico.

So, it sounds as though the liberals are siding with those that choose to take a knee, and disrespect the anthem. I'm assuming you all feel it's their right as a citizen to do so, right?

What if... a white redneck, 345 lb nose tackle out of Louisiana Tech, came running out of the Jets locker room next Sunday, waving a confederate flag in the air. Would you feel the same?...or, would he have no right to do so?

Exactly what cause would he be supporting with his use of the confederate flag?

I guess it would only be fitting if a Jet player were to carry out a confederate flag, considering both are losers.

Trump is actually quite a talented magician/politician.....

Look at the shiny thing over here....spoiled rich black men are disrespecting our flag!!! Oh the humanity!!!

While over here, his Son, Son-in-law, General Flynn, Paul Manafort, and others colluded with the Russians. Oh yeah and pay no attention to Jared's private server. All the while US citizens are starving on the island of Puerto Rico.
LOL, WUT?

Exactly what cause would he be supporting with his use of the confederate flag.
He doesn't need a cause. He's simply doing so, because he has a right to do so, utilizing his free speech. But, let's call a spade a spade here. This is not about anything, other than the liberals not liking the legitimately elected POTUS.

He doesn't need a cause. He's simply doing so, because he has a right to do so, utilizing his free speech. But, let's call a spade a spade here. This is not about anything, other than the liberals not liking the legitimately elected POTUS.

Clearly Liberals don't like him but they didn't start it. He did.....and as President it's not his role to throw gasoline on a smoldering ember.

So are you saying you would support that Rednecks right to wave the Confederate flag, but you don't support a black Americans right to freedom of speech and expression? Honest question, how would you react?

Reactions: CockyHerd
Exactly what point are the anthem protesters trying to make?

I hear different answers.

Cop violence towards blacks.

Black oppression.

Support of Copperdick

Donald Trump is mean spirited.

The election.

Mike Brown was innocent even thought he tried to beat up a cop and take his gun?

So what is the cause and what point are they trying to make?

Does the 1st amendment cover you at work? For example, what if I protested the anthem where I work. I am sure I would be shunned and then summarily dismissed. Or if I wore a Confederate flag shirt to work?

Point is Goodell and the owners have no balls. The players are not making a point other than they are spoiled and showing a lack of respect. Do they have a right to protest? Sure, but I am not sure they do at work.

Take up your cause in a different manner and put it to good use. Not standing for the flag shows a sign of disrespect.

The NFL stepped in a pile of shit here by bowing down to these idiots who make millions playing a game.

Exactly what point are the anthem protesters trying to make?

I hear different answers.

Cop violence towards blacks.

Black oppression.

Support of Copperdick

Donald Trump is mean spirited.

The election.

Mike Brown was innocent even thought he tried to beat up a cop and take his gun?

So what is the cause and what point are they trying to make?

Does the 1st amendment cover you at work? For example, what if I protested the anthem where I work. I am sure I would be shunned and then summarily dismissed. Or if I wore a Confederate flag shirt to work?

Point is Goodell and the owners have no balls. The players are not making a point other than they are spoiled and showing a lack of respect. Do they have a right to protest? Sure, but I am not sure they do at work.

Take up your cause in a different manner and put it to good use. Not standing for the flag shows a sign of disrespect.

The NFL stepped in a pile of shit here by bowing down to these idiots who make millions playing a game.
Nah, fact is, the owners don't care. They're refilling their cocktails and getting blowjobs while the anthem is playing, just like the drunk in the stands is emptying his bladder and getting an arm full of beers so he doesn't miss any of the action.

The money keeps rolling in, so it doesn't matter. And the people who buy PSLs, season tickets, jerseys, etc aren't boycotting shit. It's the dumbasses who buy a knockoff team hat at Walmart and only watch on Sunday if they don't have anything else to do, who are the ones "boycotting"...and the owners don't care about those fans. If it was going to hurting their pockets, they'd care. The fact they don't care shows their pockets aren't being affected. The all mighty dollar is all that matters here. The only way to get that ball rolling is if sponsors start pulling. Instead of boycotting the NFL, people need to boycott Anheiser-Busch, Frito-Lay, PEPSI, Gatorade, Microsoft, VISA, etc. Maybe Trump can suggest people start boycotting those businesses?

So are you saying you would support that Rednecks right to wave the Confederate flag, but you don't support a black Americans right to freedom of speech and expression? Honest question, how would you react?
That's not quite what I typed out, is it dherd profile #4? I asked the question of you, and the far left dude that liked your post. Would you feel the same way, in regard to a player's right to free speech, if said player, instead of taking a knee during the anthem, would run out of the locker room waving a confederate flag. Answer at your earliest convenience.

As stated earlier, this isn't about the list of items Herdman just posted; rather, it's about Trump being POTUS, and your kind cannot handle it.

Yes, you'll need to explain it to him, as he's not very smart. But, yes, he was referring to himself. Can't you tell he's one by reading any of his bleeding vagina posts?
You make a good point, and perhaps I didn't write my position as well as I should have. The Marine indicates that during his time of service, he learned to respect everybody, but yet, he doesn't practice what he preaches, when it comes to what he types out. You can view multiple examples within this given thread. Therefore, I feel he's at best, a hypocrite. Personally, I don't care if he doesn't respect anybody, including the President, but being an ex-Marine that drapes himself in the flag, I simply find it puzzling that he would voice disrespectful comments towards the commander-in-chief. I'm guessing he was 'with her', and is still butt hurt over what took place 10 months ago.

I show respect to those who deserve it and quite frankly I don't think he does. Therefore I don't respect him, it's not a hard concept to figure out.

Reactions: NutcaseConservative
Trump was right, as usual.

Fire the son of a birches if they cannot show respect for the good Ole US of A.

Curry and LeBron are 'all about me' bitches. This country is full of rednecks like myself and herdman who will turn that jigaboo stuff off.

I quit watching pro sports a few years back, except for hockey and golf. Those are men that respect the country they live in, and perform in front of. Lots of foreign hockey players, but they don't act like porch monkeys during the national anthem.

This may be one of the most racist posts ever on Herdnation.

Congrats!

That's not quite what I typed out, is it dherd profile #4? I asked the question of you, and the far left dude that liked your post. Would you feel the same way, in regard to a player's right to free speech, if said player, instead of taking a knee during the anthem, would run out of the locker room waving a confederate flag. Answer at your earliest convenience.

As stated earlier, this isn't about the list of items Herdman just posted; rather, it's about Trump being POTUS, and your kind cannot handle it.

If a dumbass redneck wants to run on a field carrying a Confederate flag then so be it. I don't support that type of behavior, but that idiot has that right. That's the thing morons like yourself just can't understand. I don't support the players kneeling, but I respect their right to do so.

Reactions: CockyHerd
Consider the author
At least I'm consistent and you know where I stand on the issues. I don't pretend to be one thing, and allow my words to contradict myself, thus being a hypocrite like yourself. Time will prove you're on the wrong side of many social issues. Hell, just look at the morons who like your posts.

At least I'm consistent and you know where I stand on the issues. I don't pretend to be one thing, and allow my words to contradict myself, thus being a hypocrite like yourself. Time will prove you're on the wrong side of many social issues. Hell, just look at the morons who like your posts.

Well, at least you're not denying that you're a racist. Guess we should give you some credit for that.

like others, i'm not certain they really know what they're protesting . . . kap's BLM movement (i think that was his deal, anyhoo), or trump calling them sons of bilches. at the end of the day, they have the right to make themselves look like unpatriotic assholes if they so desire.

instead of calling negative attention to themselves, why not do something constructive? because it won't be as attention generative.

Oh you mean like Trump??

The even bigger take away from this is that Americans (more on the left, shockingly) are alarmingly ignorant on the First Amendment.

I was eagerly awaiting some of the morons here who have been referring to this as a pure freedom of speech issue to weigh in on your comment. Maybe they are still thinking about it.....;)

Nah, fact is, the owners don't care. They're refilling their cocktails and getting blowjobs while the anthem is playing, just like the drunk in the stands is emptying his bladder and getting an arm full of beers so he doesn't miss any of the action.

The money keeps rolling in, so it doesn't matter. And the people who buy PSLs, season tickets, jerseys, etc aren't boycotting shit. It's the dumbasses who buy a knockoff team hat at Walmart and only watch on Sunday if they don't have anything else to do, who are the ones "boycotting"...and the owners don't care about those fans. If it was going to hurting their pockets, they'd care. The fact they don't care shows their pockets aren't being affected. The all mighty dollar is all that matters here. The only way to get that ball rolling is if sponsors start pulling. Instead of boycotting the NFL, people need to boycott Anheiser-Busch, Frito-Lay, PEPSI, Gatorade, Microsoft, VISA, etc. Maybe Trump can suggest people start boycotting those businesses?
So what exactly are they protesting? And, why do it during the anthem?

So how does sitting during the national anthem help with police brutality. What does the national anthem have to do with that? All you did was make further division. And, here we are.

Why not go work in communities? Why not use your fame and football notoriety to go visit with police and community leaders? Maybe bring them together and let them tell each other where they come from? Maybe teach people non violence is a better solution? Why not be a voice for your community and go to the cops and talk to them professionally? Most people at one point and time admired pro ball players.

They have really accomplished nothing. He ruined what career he had left. He lost respect from at least half the country(if no more).

Sitting during the anthem is nothing but a polarizing event and does nothing but further divide people on a hot topic button anyway.

21765124_10156028473728072_5626337921157326501_n.jpg

Remember when Copperdick wore sucks that were cops as pigs?

Yehh, that is the guy they support.

So how does sitting during the national anthem help with police brutality. What does the national anthem have to do with that? All you did was make further division. And, here we are.

Why not go work in communities? Why not use your fame and football notoriety to go visit with police and community leaders? Maybe bring them together and let them tell each other where they come from? Maybe teach people non violence is a better solution? Why not be a voice for your community and go to the cops and talk to them professionally? Most people at one point and time admired pro ball players.

They have really accomplished nothing. He ruined what career he had left. He lost respect from at least half the country(if no more).

Sitting during the anthem is nothing but a polarizing event and does nothing but further divide people on a hot topic button anyway.
I don't agree with it, but you can't argue that it hasn't been an effective way to bring it to the forefront of conversation haha. It's making people who wouldn't normally give a shit uncomfortable. The Green Beret, Nate Boyer, has tried to explain this has nothing to do with disrespect to the flag, country, or military. He doesn't agree with it either, but he's opening his mind to understand where they're coming from.

Here's his Open Letter to Kaepernick last year. It's a good read.
http://www.armytimes.com/opinion/20...rnick-from-a-green-beret-turned-long-snapper/

Have you not seen the work these athletes do in urban communities? Probably not because they'd rather do it without a camera crew running around them. Kaepernick has one a lot for people. Personally donating well over a million dollars to causes and charity and starting GoFundMe accounts to raise millions more for aid overseas.

Honestly, I always thought the guy was a joke. Never was a fan of his. Of all the athletes who could have done this, he was the leader, and could barely put a coherent sentence together. Like I said, I don't agree with it, but it doesn't keep me from trying to understand other people, much like Boyer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT