ADVERTISEMENT

TV and times?

I thought TV assignments and times were supposed to be released this past week?

Perhaps that was more "wishful thinking" on CUSA's part. Must be still firming up some game dates/moves, probably for the weeknight games. I'd say by the end of this month, if not sooner, most game dates and times will be published, thus letting fans start making travel arrangements, etc.

With most of our games on TV, I think we can expect to see a lot of the times being set 12 days before kickoff.

With most of our games on TV, I think we can expect to see a lot of the times being set 12 days before kickoff.

Wasn't that more of a FOX thing though? I don't recall any of our CBSSN or ASN games ever having the 12-day window. And I'm hearing BeIn games will be at 5:30.

Wasn't that more of a FOX thing though? I don't recall any of our CBSSN or ASN games ever having the 12-day window. And I'm hearing BeIn games will be at 5:30.
Yes on all accounts. I doubt ASN would do it but CBSSN could.

Isn't this the game we're supposed to "stripe the stadium"?

Morgan State "Kelly Green Out"
Akron "Hall Of Fame Game"
Loserville "Stripe The Stadium"
FAU "Homecoming"
UNCC "Military Appreciation"
Middle "Opperation Black Out"
WKU "Youth Day"

TV guesses (100% guesses)

ASN with local broadcast on main WCHS or WVAH (not the regular ASN sub-channel) : Morgan St, Akron, North Texas, FAU, ODU, Middle, FIU.

ACC Network (WQCW 30 here) or ACC RSNs : Pitt

CBSSN: Loserville, USM.

BeIN: UNCC.

ESPN 1,2, U or news: WKU.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Better get the word out on striping the stadium or it will look like a crossword puzzle. lol!

ODU beat writer reports MU games with Morgan State and UNCC to BeIN Sports channel.

BeIN schedule:
Sept 3 New Mexico State @ UTEP
Sept 10 Morgan State @ Marshall
Sept 17 Troy State @ USM
Sept 24 CFCC @ FIU
Oct 1 FAU @ FIU
Oct 15 UTSA @ Rice
Oct 22 UNCC @Marshall
Nov 5 FIU @ WKU
Nov 19 USM @ North Texas
Nov 29 FAU @ MTSU

IMHO, since CBS picks before BeIN, and there is no way they let the Loserville game fall to the ASN, this means CBSSN for that game.

Here you go:

S 10 Morgan State 6:00 BeIN
S 17 Akron 12:00 CBSSN
S 24 Loserville 8:00 CBSSN
O 1 @ Pitt (rights belong to the ACC)
O 8 @ North Texas 7:00 ASN
O 15 FAU 7:00 ASN
O 22 UNCC 5:30 BeIN
O 29 @ USM 7:00 ASN
N 5 @ ODU 7:00 ASN
N 12 MTSU 7:00 ASN
N 19 @ FIU 7:00 ASN
N 26 WKU TBA ESPN 1, 2, U or News

Times look great. Good to know them in advance, like the old days. Pretty much one day game, two late afternoon starts and its MU football at 7 every Saturday.

Reactions: Herdcane3
At least 5 of 7 Herd home games have 5:30pm ET or later kickoff times including Louisville (8pm) and Homecoming against FAU (7pm).

Note this: With its 5 picks the Evil Empire took three games versus a "power 5" league (one of them on a Friday), another Friday night game, and MARSHALL- Western Kentucky. With its 6 picks, CBSSN took three games versus a "power 5" league, one of which is also a weeknight game, two more weeknight games, and MARSHALL-Akron.

In total, the top two picks took MARSHALL 3 times, all on Saturdays and 2 of the three being "group of 5" games. They took WKU 4 times, but all of those are P5 games or weeknight games or both, or against MARSHALL. Rice twice, FIU twice, LA Tech twice, USM once, and UTSA once.

Anybody want to debate MU's relative value contrasted to the rest of this crowd.

Two teams where games are always best under the lights.

1. LSU
2. Marshall

Love the sked. 8pm start v Lousiville is going to be interesting, but they are a central time zone school so it should help ratings.

A homecoming night game too boot! A great year for tailgating and The Thundering Herd fan!

Add beer sales , drop the stripe the stadium ballyhoo , go Kelly green out every home game and win the G5 access bowl !

Two teams where games are always best under the lights.

1. LSU
2. Marshall

Love the sked. 8pm start v Lousiville is going to be interesting, but they are a central time zone school so it should help ratings.

A homecoming night game too boot! A great year for tailgating and The Thundering Herd fan!

Add beer sales , drop the stripe the stadium ballyhoo , go Kelly green out every home game and win the G5 access bowl !

Believe Louisville is still in Eastern Time Zone- - -line is a little farther west, as Bowling Green is in Central Time Zone.

Reactions: HerdMan13
It as been tweeted and emailed numerous times already

I didn't know the tix office had the Twitter account and email of every person who buys a single ticket to a football game.
They don't and that's the issue. You blast this out to the media and in the paper months before it happens. Not every MU fan has Twitter and I am sure most don't provide MU with an email when they buy a ticket.

But yet, when it looks like a checkerboard on game night, people will piss and moan because the "fans" couldn't pull it off. Communication works.

I didn't know the tix office had the Twitter account and email of every person who buys a single ticket to a football game.
They don't and that's the issue. You blast this out to the media and in the paper months before it happens. Not every MU fan has Twitter and I am sure most don't provide MU with an email when they buy a ticket.

But yet, when it looks like a checkerboard on game night, people will piss and moan because the "fans" couldn't pull it off. Communication works.

if you blast it out now, people will forget about it come september. it's on all the schedule posters, schedule cards, tickets, etc. i'm sure there will be plenty of media attention about it in september, but all you'd be doing now buying advertising for it would be throwing money away.

if you blast it out now, people will forget about it come september. it's on all the schedule posters, schedule cards, tickets, etc. i'm sure there will be plenty of media attention about it in september, but all you'd be doing now buying advertising for it would be throwing money away.

That's what they will need to do for this to be effective. Not everyone has a schedule card or poster. Or purchase season tix. We need to realize that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT