ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh

My wife is a teacher and so was my mother.

So, yehhh. I think I know what goes on. I know the long hours that my wife works and the extra things she does. She is a great teacher and cares about the kids.

So, I know. WV is a circus show. Their education system. Their teachers union and the state government there has always been screwed up.

But, frankly, the wv teachers acting that way is embarrassing also.

I agree the unions don’t help and give the teachers a bad image. My wife wants no part of the Union. They just suck off the members dues like the UMWA or any other union organization.

The current version of the WV legislature may top all of them for being truly clueless and ignoring the states issues.

Reactions: i am herdman
But, frankly, the wv teachers acting that way is embarrassing also.

But it's fine if cheetos does it, amirite?

I agree the unions don’t help and give the teachers a bad image.

Then have your wife and the rest of the teachers go back to Charleston, and forego their healthcare, pensions, raises, and agree to charter schools being funded by your taxes.

But it's fine if cheetos does it, amirite?

Then have your wife and the rest of the teachers go back to Charleston, and forego their healthcare, pensions, raises, and agree to charter schools being funded by your taxes.

The unions don’t do shit for most classroom teachers. She earns every damn penny from the little shits she teaches. Hell, we have bought clothes, food, supplies over the years because their damn parents were to ****ing worthless to help their own kids. Shut up!

The unions don’t do shit for most classroom teachers.

Why would they do that? Help me understand this logic.

Why would they do that? Help me understand this logic.

Well, since "the unions don’t help and give the teachers a bad image. My wife wants no part of the Union. They just suck off the members dues like the UMWA or any other union organization." And "The unions don’t do shit for most classroom teachers." then I want to sit back and watch how quick your wife and the rest of the teachers lose their healthcare, pensions, and per classroom pupil size (you know, the "little shits") is increased and your tax money is diverted to charter schools.

Reactions: countryroads89
Well, since "the unions don’t help and give the teachers a bad image. My wife wants no part of the Union. They just suck off the members dues like the UMWA or any other union organization." And "The unions don’t do shit for most classroom teachers." then I want to sit back and watch how quick your wife and the rest of the teachers lose their healthcare, pensions, and per classroom pupil size (you know, the "little shits") is increased and your tax money is diverted to charter schools.

Nah. Not happening. Charter schools are dead until they actually put some guidelines in place where they function as an actual school with qualified instructors as opposed to the verbage in recently defeated bill.

Teachers aren’t the issue when looking at the problems with education in WV. It’s the State Dept, it’s beaurocracy, the parents and the lack of involvement they have with their children and their children’s education.
Fix those two things and you’ll see vast improvement.

The union bosses only show up when their jobs are in jeopardy. Shocker.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Herdman...what's the source of that picture?
A camera;)

There is a better one of two ladies in Randolph County WV with a similar picture and one wearing the camo and the other doing some kind of body contortion. I am not going to go find it on social media.

Last edited:
The unions don’t do shit for most classroom teachers. She earns every damn penny from the little shits she teaches. Hell, we have bought clothes, food, supplies over the years because their damn parents were to ****ing worthless to help their own kids. Shut up!
YOu see we actually agree.

But, greed is going to tell you why the union is better for your wife even though she doesn't think it is.

Nah. Not happening. Charter schools are dead until they actually put some guidelines in place where they function as an actual school with qualified instructors as opposed to the verbage in recently defeated bill.

Teachers aren’t the issue when looking at the problems with education in WV. It’s the State Dept, it’s beaurocracy, the parents and the lack of involvement they have with their children and their children’s education.
Fix those two things and you’ll see vast improvement.

The union bosses only show up when their jobs are in jeopardy. Shocker.
Wow, we really agree. Good post.

Yes free country

Then that's exactly what she ought to do.

and can she not join the union now that WV is a right to work state?

She should not receive any gains made through union bargaining if she's not going to help pay for them through union dues. Aren't you one of those who preach it isn't right to get something for nothing? Why yes, you are.

Then that's exactly what she ought to do.

She should not receive any gains made through union bargaining if she's not going to help pay for them through union dues. Aren't you one of those who preach it isn't right to get something for nothing? Why yes, you are.

Dude, the number of teachers who are actually paying union members is minute. The state union bosses only come out in these situations to make it look like they actually care about classroom teachers. They put on a damn good show though.

Reactions: i am herdman
Gonna be another strike in a few days.

Can you give more info? Unless the senate brings back charter schools and ESA’s in some form I doubt seriously that it merits another walkout. Even then it would likely meet a quick death in the house, especially after Carmichael threw House Speaker Hanshaw under the bus for not garnering the votes necessary to thwart the motion to kill the omnibus legislation.

The governor’s clean payraise bill will likely die in the senate, but that isn’t going to bring the teachers back out. This strike has never been about the payraise. I can tell you that there is very little support among teachers for striking over pay this session. The statewide census of teachers by the union last Wednesday night was to return to work after the education bill was killed. The only reason we were out on Wednesday was because of the Delegate Steele’s voting flip that made it possible for him to make a motion to reconsider. That left a window of one legislative session to reintroduce for vote. That window expired on Wednesday with the close of the last house floor session effectively killing the bill. Teachers voted mmediately afterward to return to work.

I personally don’t think the governor’s payraise proposal (one that was backed by Carmichael and guaranteed by him in October) has a snowball chance to pass. I also don’t believe that there is anywhere near enough support among teachers to stop work over that issue.

That looks like the Panera store at the Bridgeport/Clarksburg exit off 79.

I hope this teacher (it might be a service personnel also) is vilified. I can tell you that an overwhelming majority of teachers have acted professionally during both last year’s and this year’s strike. I sat in quite a few house and senate floor sessions in the gallery and other than clapping when this year’s education bill was killed in the house, the behavior was never out of line. The problem with the person with the sign is that it allows for people to parade it as representative of the group. It allows for opportunists to use to back their points and feed on the public’s emotion and obscure the reality of how teachers conducted themselves during the strike.

I asked for the source because one, I want to know if this is true, and two, I’d personally lead an effort among teachers to condemn this person.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Or it might be neither.

You mean people doctor stuff on Facebook? Noooo!

All kidding aside, I could see it either way. That’s why I’d like to know if it’s true or not. The private teacher group I’m on catches and reposts almost everything and other than on this board I haven’t seen this. I’m not necessarily doubting it, but would love to know the truth either way.

You mean people doctor stuff on Facebook? Noooo!

All kidding aside, I could see it either way. That’s why I’d like to know if it’s true or not. The private teacher group I’m on catches and reposts almost everything and other than on this board I haven’t seen this. I’m not necessarily doubting it, but would love to know the truth either way.

Well, that too. But I was considering along the line that it could be a teacher's relative, friend, etc.

We won’t strike again unless you introduce competition into one of the worst education systems in the county!!!

I hope this teacher (it might be a service personnel also) is vilified. I can tell you that an overwhelming majority of teachers have acted professionally during both last year’s and this year’s strike. I sat in quite a few house and senate floor sessions in the gallery and other than clapping when this year’s education bill was killed in the house, the behavior was never out of line. The problem with the person with the sign is that it allows for people to parade it as representative of the group. It allows for opportunists to use to back their points and feed on the public’s emotion and obscure the reality of how teachers conducted themselves during the strike.

I asked for the source because one, I want to know if this is true, and two, I’d personally lead an effort among teachers to condemn this person.
I saw it on social media. Is it 100% valid? I honestly don't know. The one in Elkins was worse. Who knows if that is even 100% a teacher. Could be someone else.

We won’t strike again unless you introduce competition into one of the worst education systems in the county!!!

You have any information to offer that charter schools or private schools perform better than public schools when student demographics are consistent? If you do, are you willing to provide it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT