ADVERTISEMENT

US Open:

What is it with you and the gay slurs? It reeks of intolerence. Your liberal brethern won't look kindly on that.

I almost regret defending your b*tching and crying in the all-star thread.
he got rear ended in the barracks

Oh, it's the overplayed talking point from the left wing nuts...the infamous race card. What's awesome about this, is that you just moved into an all-white neighborhood. Meanwhile, I have blacks living on one side of me, and rednecks on the other side. With me being pure white Trump-Voting trash, it makes for a well blended neighborhood. We even share ribs, chicken, and melons together on my street.
no kidding and this jar head doesn’t know when to play it

no kidding and this jar head doesn’t know when to play it

Here's a project I should look at sometime soon.

Out of all of Dreh's posts (or anyone's for that matter), I should look at how many of them you like. Then, I should compare to see how many posts of yours they like. Then, I will look at how many times you quote and respond to those same posters trying to engage them. Then, I will look at how many times they do the same to you.

Without even counting, it is easily 20-1 in terms of you begging for their recognition. Take a hint. Nobody engages you on here. You're a moron.

Course is brutal and drying out. I never found a course with no trees very appealing. Jmo

It’s awesome, don’t whine about pros having a tough course finally

I'm enjoying it. But wait till tomorrow. It will be another day without rain. It will get worse. I'd take even right now. I said going in I'd take even to win it before the first tee shot. I'm thinking now +3 might even win it.

It is tricked up. A tough course is one thing. But tricking it up is another.

I'm not sure it is. It's the same greens as always. It's the conditions that are driving the high scores. If it rains this is a different golf course. You just can't hold these greens as hard and dry as it is. I'm thinking it's more conditions then "tricked up."

I'm not sure it is. It's the same greens as always. It's the conditions that are driving the high scores. If it rains this is a different golf course. You just can't hold these greens as hard and dry as it is. I'm thinking it's more conditions then "tricked up."
That is tricked up. Not watering the greens

Course is brutal and drying out. I never found a course with no trees very appealing. Jmo

You prefer parkland courses, I love those too. That’s why I seek out Donald Ross and George Cobb designs in this part of the country.
Shinny is as close to a Scottish Links as you will find in America. It shouldn’t have trees, there used to be quite a few there but the restoration to the original design took them out.
The National in Augusta was sparsely treed when it was designed and built.
But now it wouldn’t be Augusta without the trees. I guess you could say I like most courses but prefer a nice rolling parkland track.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Daly got a two stroke penalty for the same thing in the 1999 US Open. No DQ.

I continue to loathe the USGA. Only a sadist enjoys this type of set up and resulting play.

I have no clue how you would correct it, but the travesty of yesterday is how different a course that Berger and Finau played with the early tee times. Both shot 66. From my perspective that’s close to a 10 stroke advantage over teeing it up late yesterday.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Here's a project I should look at sometime soon.

Out of all of Dreh's posts (or anyone's for that matter), I should look at how many of them you like. Then, I should compare to see how many posts of yours they like. Then, I will look at how many times you quote and respond to those same posters trying to engage them. Then, I will look at how many times they do the same to you.

Without even counting, it is easily 20-1 in terms of you begging for their recognition. Take a hint. Nobody engages you on here. You're a moron.

that would be a good project for you. certainly seems like you have the time.

so you even think about recognition from others on here? you are more pathetic than I thought, like a teenage girl.

You prefer parkland courses, I love those too. That’s why I seek out Donald Ross and George Cobb designs in this part of the country.
Shinny is as close to a Scottish Links as you will find in America. It shouldn’t have trees, there used to be quite a few there but the restoration to the original design took them out.
The National in Augusta was sparsely treed when it was designed and built.
But now it wouldn’t be Augusta without the trees. I guess you could say I like most courses but prefer a nice rolling parkland track.

I really like Gary Player designs. Doesn’t penalize guys that don’t hit it 275 plus and more target golf with a premium on mid iron and short play game. Always fun to play those courses.

Isn't it ironic that the US Open low score of 63 was tied on a course that the winner couldn't break or shoot par?

That shows you how much control they have over course conditions.

The situation the first three days was completely avoidable.

You’re an idiot!

There were only 15 golfers under par on the last round out of 67 golfers and many of them were only one under par for the day.
OK, well excuse me.

Tommy Fleetwood shot 7 under
Fowler 5 under
Matsuyma 4 under

Remember, I said if it was like it was all 4 rounds which would have let the players be more agressive all four round. And, the greens would have not been as severe. The scores would have been much lower if would have been that way all week. the players were playing defensive golf all week.

The fairways at there are fairly wide. The protection of the course was the greens and rough which was severe but the fairways are wide. The wind also protects the course.

They could have scored much lower if it was like that from the start. I am telling you. Length of these course for the elite pros doesn't make a shit anymore. THey could play courses at nearly 8,000 yards and they can score now. What protects theses course are two things. One, narrow the fairways and make the greens severe. If not, they can light up anywhere.

Idiot calling in a golf thread? It's not like Tiger Woods was even mentioned. Imagine if he was the one who pulled off figjam's stunt?​

I too enjoy watching the pros play like normal people for once. We all know they are damn good but sometimes it’s ok the be humbled

I too enjoy watching the pros play like normal people for once. We all know they are damn good but sometimes it’s ok the be humbled

Yep. Especially after I played like shit, couldn't hit the ocean with a putt and shot 45 for 9 at Creekside yesterday evening. LOL! Dang, golf is a frustrating game.

If the course would have been set up like today the winning score would have been near 20 under

OK, well excuse me.

Tommy Fleetwood shot 7 under
Fowler 5 under
Matsuyma 4 under

Remember, I said if it was like it was all 4 rounds which would have let the players be more agressive all four round.

So you think the winning score would have been the same as the second best score of the day being repeated by the same guy 4 times?

Yes, you are an idiot.

So you think the winning score would have been the same as the second best score of the day being repeated by the same guy 4 times?

Yes, you are an idiot.

Fineau and Berger shot 66's on Saturday. Why? THe course conditions were better in the morning. Slower greens.

If the course conditions would have been like Sunday all week, the winning score would have been similiar last year which was 16 under. Not not the same guy necessarily. The field would have scored much lower.

Last edited:
Fineau and Berger shot 66's on Saturday. Why? THe course conditions were better in the morning. Slower greens.

If the course conditions would have been like Sunday all week, the winning score would have been similiar last year which was 16 under. Not not the same guy necessarily. The field would have scored much lower.

Duh

Yep. Especially after I played like shit, couldn't hit the ocean with a putt and shot 45 for 9 at Creekside yesterday evening. LOL! Dang, golf is a frustrating game.

It's also a game of personal perspective. On the same day I shot an 85 (43-42) at Sugarwood and was really happy about it. Shooting in the 80s is good for me. If I shoot 45 on the front I'm happy. Low 80s are as good as I shoot. Im just not that good at it.

I played Creekside in a scrambles earlier this year. It was a little rough. I drove through it the day you played (after my round) to check it out and from the road it looked a little better. Hopefully they make progress on the condition. But even then you can't avoid holes 10 and 12. Those holes are a result of what you can't fix...a lack of real estate.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
It's also a game of personal perspective. On the same day I shot an 85 (43-42) at Sugarwood and was really happy about it. Shooting in the 80s is good for me. If I shoot 45 on the front I'm happy. Low 80s are as good as I shoot. Im just not that good at it.

I played Creekside in a scrambles earlier this year. It was a little rough. I drove through it the day you played (after my round) to check it out and from the road it looked a little better. Hopefully they make progress on the condition. But even then you can't avoid holes 10 and 12. Those holes are a result of what you can't fix...a lack of real estate.

I rarely break 80 anymore. I only play 5-6 times a year now but used to be pretty good. I guess age and lack of play are killing my game and it’s very frustrating.
Creekside is getting better. They need work on the tee boxes and some greens.
Sugarwood is in great shape. I really enjoy playing their back nine. Number 17 fairway is still a rough. Not sure what happened there.

I wonder what Hidden Cove down in Grayson is like. Used to be a really nice course.

I usually make three or four trips to Grayson a summer. I've got about $200 worth of Kentucky Parks gift certificates so I'll be heading that way a few times. I've never seen it in bad shape so I'm guessing it's fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT