ADVERTISEMENT

Walden

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Do you live in an apartment complex down around Dayton?

I haven't lived like that since I moved up here and the company put me up for 3 months in a furnished apartment until I found a house. I hated it. Seems like the people from India like those apartment complexes though. Having to smell curry all the time would make me sick to my stomach. They weren't friendly either. Of course, I'm glad they weren't, because I wasn't going to talk to them anyways. It always grosses me out to see an Indian woman with that wart between her eyes.

Smelling curry and listening to brats crying all night. That's what I remember about apartment living. I wonder what it's like to live in the old folks home? I figure it's probably similar, except instead of curry, you have to deal with old woman's perfume stinch, and old men with turds in their boxers.

God willing, I'll just die in my sleep at the house, and one of the utility guys will find me when they come to collect the last three months of gas and electricity.

If you rent a shitty apartment, sure.

We just rented a new townhouse. I mean brand new, just built, by a builder who doesn't half-ass stuff. Real tile in the floors, not that linoleum shit, quality carpet, etc. No foreigners or screaming babies here. Hell, no one is ever home because they work, no bums here. Great location.

If Walden really lives near filth, he is dumb.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I live in an apartment, but not in Trotwood. Trotwood is too west side for me. Hell, the place I'm at has deteriorated pretty good since I've been here, but until I hear gunfire I'm probably staying. Maybe even then. I'd rather die than change anything.

We've got towelheads here and some kind of brown Jap looking people. I don't know, the rent's too high for the thugs. They live down the street though, a little too close for comfort. Little colony of them. Getting bigger.

If I moved, I probably wouldn't sleep for a month. I'm so obsessed with routines. It's tough for me to handle a change like that would be. I'd probably lose 50 more pounds and just break in half when the wind blew hard.

This post was edited on 12/22 8:52 PM by Walden Pond

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
Doesn't Walden live in Trotwood
If you haven't spent time in Dayton you can't really appreciate this post.
happy.r191677.gif

Originally posted by herdfan06:
Is Walden your brother from another mother?
It's possible, but in reality, I believe we're both simply two hicks from the holler who are sick and tired of today's handout society full of fruits.

My actual mother is a religious type. She doesn't thump a bible, but she's there every Sunday. Doesn't smoke, doesn't drink. I think Walden's mother may be a little different, but not sure.

The old man was a redneck though. Drink, smoke, cuss, fight like hell, and wasn't afraid to call a Spade a Spade...literally.

She claims to want to be religious and says she quit smoking, but she's a compulsive liar. I can't believe anything she says. Lied about applying for disability. Imagine that. Too lazy to even apply for it. Always talks about what she's gonna do when she gets it. "Hell, you didn't even apply," I fire back. She didn't. I called bull and asked her to show me one piece of paper about the whole deal. Said she lost it. LIAR.

The old man's still up the holler getting his eyes pecked out by the bums. He got old and soft and let them take over. I should have done more to try to stop it, but I've had my own aggravating bullshit to deal with. Probably too late now. Damn, I am missing out. I bet we could both sit there making fun of the idiots on TV and talking shit about the bums to their faces. He lets them push him around too much. Needs a hellraiser to get back in there and at least shovel on the shame.

That's what gets me about these folks. They won't even take a few minutes to fill out the paperwork for a free ride. Probably want somebody else to do that for them as well.

My old lady asked me last week to look into getting more life insurance on myself. I won't do that. Hell, they want an extra $50-$75 a month for something I'll never see. If $50,000.00 isn't enough to toss me into the dirt pile and still have enough left over to go to Shoneys afterwards, then she'll have to get a better job to make ends meet. I watch too many of these shows on Discovery ID to fall for the old 'up your insurance' trick. Once they know you're worth a helluva lot more dead than you are alive, it's all over at that point. Couldn't even enjoy my morning coffee without thinking it was spiked with antifreeze.

These insurance guys are right up there with used car salesmen.

This post was edited on 12/23 11:19 AM by MichiganHerd

She won't even buy life insurance. None. Says she will, but I know she won't. I told her it probably wouldn't turn out too well for her if she doesn't. I can't see spending money on somebody who's dead. They'll never know it. Of course I let her know it now. Just the truth. I wouldn't expect anybody to foot my bill.

You don't get life insurance, that means you must be OK with being donated to science. Next phone call, maybe I'll ask her how she's going to like those Japs staring at her naked down there at Marshall.

Originally posted by MichiganHerd:
That's what gets me about these folks. They won't even take a few minutes to fill out the paperwork for a free ride. Probably want somebody else to do that for them as well.

My old lady asked me last week to look into getting more life insurance on myself. I won't do that. Hell, they want an extra $50-$75 a month for something I'll never see. If $50,000.00 isn't enough to toss me into the dirt pile and still have enough left over to go to Shoneys afterwards, then she'll have to get a better job to make ends meet. I watch too many of these shows on Discovery ID to fall for the old 'up your insurance' trick. Once they know you're worth a helluva lot more dead than you are alive, it's all over at that point. Couldn't even enjoy my morning coffee without thinking it was spiked with antifreeze.

These insurance guys are right up there with used car salesmen.

This post was edited on 12/23 11:19 AM by MichiganHerd

Are you married ? Do you have children?

If so, I hope you have more than $50,000 worth of life insurance.

I am thinking about cutting my insurance back. What difference does it make. They will probably just sell all my stuff and if I had a boat load they would go waste it. They can sell my stuff and bury and if I am gone they won't need as big of a house.

I went to a meeting one time and they were talking about life insurance. There was an old man there with his son. They were in business together. He said why would I need all that life insurance? They replied back so your family is taken care of. He yelled back why would I want to enrich them.

I thought it was funny and he was a little goofy, but looking back. He has a point.
This post was edited on 1/16 2:48 PM by i am herdman

im glad I don't think like some of you guys. It isn't about enriching your family...it's about replacing your income. And a measly $50,000 isn't going to do that. (Not saying that's all you have herdman) I hope like h*** some of you guys just like to hear the way you sound when you talk the way you do, because you certainly don't project a lot of caring for your family.

Taking care of my family is all I know
Worked 31 yrs doing something i would never dreamed I could do because of my wife and daughter. Good investment because they are the best. Even after my death i want to provide. When I die I want them to get alot of insurance money. Home is paid off so they are set in that area. Hope to go first but who knows
My son in law built and paid off their house before they got married. Get my first grandson in march.

Originally posted by GK4Herd:
im glad I don't think like some of you guys. It isn't about enriching your family...it's about replacing your income. And a measly $50,000 isn't going to do that. (Not saying that's all you have herdman) I hope like h*** some of you guys just like to hear the way you sound when you talk the way you do, because you certainly don't project a lot of caring for your family.
50 grand would at least give them enough to bury you and then enough to take some time and figure things out.

This whole idea in America that we have to take care of people forever is getting out of hand. Kids on health insurance until age 30 or something.

We sure miss dad, but dang the new jet ski and motor home is nice. Glad he left us a few hundred grand. Party time! Let's sell his stuff and we can make more!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT