ADVERTISEMENT

Water woes

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
Ah, the drama of living in a one horse town. We have had a water leak at the end of our street for years. The Town continually promised to repair it. Finally, someone on the street (not me) called and complained to the Public Service District. Town grudgingly started repairs.

Day One: Street is closed, water cut off, and old pipes dug up. Crew discovers they don’t have parts to repair. Crew member has to go to Charleston for parts

Day Two: Parts don’t work, but residents are promised that crew won’t stop until work is complete no matter how long it takes. Crew stops at dark.

Day Three: Repair crew is stumped and don’t know what to do. They say past repairs have left maze of mismatched pipes and nothing fits. Mayor yells at neighbors that this is all our fault because we pressed the Town to repair the pipe.

Three days of dipping water out of the creek to flush the toilet. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

There's a couple words for that kind of repair, but I can't remember what they were. Some kind of a rig I think.
Just don’t drink, give a radio interview, then remember. That’s not working out well for one of our State coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT