ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend to watch/rest: where do you see an upset?

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
I have already stated that I believe ODU takes down Middle @ home this Saturday. I just don’t think the Raiders are all that, + a little momentum from that zany win on the road vs WKU last weekend may carryover in front of the home crowd. As Stockstill goes so go the Raiders.
This, of course would help us by putting the Herd a game ahead in the loss column heading into the 2nd half of the conference race. Which brings us to.....
FIU @ WKU. What kind of effort do the Tops have left deep inside after the shocking meltdown vs the Monarchs? I think they might have some, but probably not enough against a fundamentally sound Panthers squad. Conference darling UAB goes to the west Texas town of ElPaso to face winless UTEP. The Miners keep their perfectly God-awful perfect winless season intact. La Tech goes to FAU. Hard to see the Owls covering a - 3.5 pt spread. Bulldogs lost to UAB earlier, so they need UAB to lose twice. It is hard to see that happening based on what they have left.
So Miss @ Charlotte: main thing to watch here is how the Igles fare on the road vs an improved 49er team. We get them in Hattiesburg on 11/03. They don’t have a statistically good defense. How are they at scoring points? Charlotte could win this one, & certainly should cover getting 7.5 pts in Richardson stadium.
That covers the games I am interested in.....welcome your opinion!

Tyson "Tea Bag" Bagent takes on West Virginia Wesleyan this weekend. He has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs over the last two weeks, so his cheerleader has been quite quiet.

Tyson "Tea Bag" Bagent takes on West Virginia Wesleyan this weekend. He has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs over the last two weeks, so his cheerleader has been quite quiet.
Yeah but did you know former Shepherd QB Connor Jessup suited up for the Redskins in their 4th pre-season game, never threw a pass and was cut after being on the roster for five days? Well, it happened and it proves Shepherd is the greatest program in the history of football and every kid who excels there should have been recruited by Marshall.

How about upsets on all levels from the soothsayer...

Top 25 upset – Oklahoma State takes down Texas in Stillwater... I just have this feeling that Texas is due for an Ohio State-style blunder.

CUSA upset – Southern Miss beats Charlotte... Charlotte is getting better in a hurry (pathetic 2 years ago, bad last year, average this year) but they aren't there yet. Also the line on this game is So. Miss +8. If you are a betting person those points have to be appealing.

FCS upset – Western Carolina drops East Tennessee State... ETSU is coming off a loss in their biggest game of the year. WCU is due for a win after four consecutive losses.

CUSA:

LTU over FAU, the reason Lame gets fired a lot start to become clear to all 78 of FAU's fans.
USM beats UNCC by 40.
Middle over ODU by 40.
UNT over Rice by 40.
UAB over UTEP by 60.
FIU over WKU by 20.

Other G5:

Appy State - Georgia Southern, Thursday is the G5 game of the week. GSU is a better team.
Air Force over Boise by 7.

P5:

Spamies beat Baylor by 28, all of the squawking resumes. Heisman, playoffs, we want Bama, blah, blah, blah. Had a spamite last weekend all giddy over Thugie supposedly outrecruiting Cal for some supposed five-star. THAT is the level of delusion required. No thanks.

BC over the real Miami by 7.

Upset special. Clemson is about due for its annual Clemsoning. Take FSU with the points.

Georgia over Florida, Kentucky over Missouri, setting up Georgia at Kentucky for the SEC East title next week. What world are we living in? Kentucky has a football team? Who knew?

Notre Dame throttles Navy in the "we play no one any good 2018 tour". Bama will kill them.

Red Sox in 5.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Notre Dame throttles Navy in the "we play no one any good 2018 tour".

Christ, you're a moron. At this point, Notre Dame's schedule is ranked better than Alabama's, Clemson's, Georgia's, Ohio State's, and Penn State's.

Michigan isn't good? Stanford isn't good? ND has at least 7 teams on their schedule that are ranked in the top 50, including the #4 team.

Other G5:

Appy State - Georgia Southern, Thursday is the G5 game of the week.
GSU is a better team.

Your jealousy is showing.

CUSA:

LTU over FAU, the reason Lame gets fired a lot start to become clear to all 78 of FAU's fans.
USM beats UNCC by 40.
Middle over ODU by 40.
UNT over Rice by 40.
UAB over UTEP by 60.
FIU over WKU by 20.

I like USM to win that game (getting 8 points I think is a total gift from the Vegas gods) but they aren't going to win by 40... Charlotte is respectable for the first time in FBS program history at 3-4. Played MTSU (who is way better than USM) to a one score game last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT