ADVERTISEMENT

Well Pullman

There goes your 11-1. I’m thinking maybe - MAYBE - 8-4.
I’ve been saying it all week. Take a game like this lightly and you’re screwed. FIU has that Florida talent so when they dudes play with nothing to lose you can’t assume anything

I’ve been saying it all week. Take a game like this lightly and you’re screwed. FIU has that Florida talent so when they dudes play with nothing to lose you can’t assume anything

I think you're taking Legg and Doc's incompetence lightly. We are screwed against any team that has a pulse and adequate coaching staff.

Just when exactly does this overachieving you speak of actually begin?:confused:

Our history shows we play well against good teams. We’ve beaten some P5 teams, we’ve taken WVU to the brink. And then we get our ass kicked against team like FIU and shitass State

Honestly I think, from what I saw, that our guys didn’t expect a fight. That was as flat, as a whole team, as I have seen since last year. Maybe beating middle badly left a hangover or over confidence, I dunno. I even saw litton yawn a few times......

Honestly I think, from what I saw, that our guys didn’t expect a fight. That was as flat, as a whole team, as I have seen since last year. Maybe beating middle badly left a hangover or over confidence, I dunno. I even saw litton yawn a few times......

Exactly we were 17 point favorites against Florida talent with nothing to lose. That’s always a bad recipe

As bad as the defense played, they made some kind of adjustment cause FIU scored only 6 points on them in the second half. This loss is on Litton. It reminded me of the WKU game we lost when Cato threw 5 interceptions and all 5 ended up in touchdowns. I'll give him the slippery ball on the first possession but his pick 6 was a horrible throw and then the second interception in the fourth quarter, he just stared at the reciever the whole time, wasn't rushed, then threw into double coverage. i think they got their field goal after that pick. He was directly responsible for 14 points and most likely 17 if I'm right about the field goal after the second pick. The play calling was also horrible. We are trying to mount a comeback, so how on third and one and fourth and one you don't have Anthony Anderson, or Keone in there if you're going to run it? Tyler is good but he's the lightest back we have and can't move the pile. When are we going to acknowledge our offensive line is our weakest link. We lose the down and short distance plays much more than we win them. It's crazy that we can have a third and 5 and throw a two yard out pattern and not make the first down, and when its third and one we don't call our two yard pass play when they have 8 in the box and everyone knows they we are going to run it. We had a tight formation so either fake the run and throw it or spread out the recievers so they can't stack the box. Am I the only one that notices these things ? It's SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

As bad as the defense played, they made some kind of adjustment cause FIU scored only 6 points on them in the second half. This loss is on Litton. It reminded me of the WKU game we lost when Cato threw 5 interceptions and all 5 ended up in touchdowns. I'll give him the slippery ball on the first possession but his pick 6 was a horrible throw and then the second interception in the fourth quarter, he just stared at the reciever the whole time, wasn't rushed, then threw into double coverage. i think they got their field goal after that pick. He was directly responsible for 14 points and most likely 17 if I'm right about the field goal after the second pick. The play calling was also horrible. We are trying to mount a comeback, so how on third and one and fourth and one you don't have Anthony Anderson, or Keone in there if you're going to run it? Tyler is good but he's the lightest back we have and can't move the pile. When are we going to acknowledge our offensive line is our weakest link. We lose the down and short distance plays much more than we win them. It's crazy that we can have a third and 5 and throw a two yard out pattern and not make the first down, and when its third and one we don't call our two yard pass play when they have 8 in the box and everyone knows they we are going to run it. We had a tight formation so either fake the run and throw it or spread out the recievers so they can't stack the box. Am I the only one that notices these things ? It's SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

You make some great points about Litton, and no, you're definitely not the only one noticing we have lifelong amateurs as coaches.

Even though the defense played better in the second half, this loss is on everyone. Nobody seemed ready to play and dug a big hole early against a good coach.

Yes, Litton had a bad game, but you can expect any one player to have a bad game once in a while (especially a QB). If the rest of the team came to play, they could have overcome his turnovers.

Sad to say, FIU many be the worst team we play from here on out. Every team left has a winning record. This team needs to regroup quickly or it could lose out.

Reactions: cottrell75
Legg is nobody's offensive genius...he isn't even mediocre.t. Strictly a square peg in the round hole play caller.

He refuses to adapt his offense to best suit his talent. He has yet to accept the fact that we no longer have Devon Johnson to run all those " up the gut" plays he remembers from his Don Nehlan days. NONE of our present backs can slam into D-linemen and LBs with a fraction of the success that Rock had.

He doesn't even put Anderson in to get that tough yard when it's 3rd & 1 or 4th and 1.

He doesn't even realize that our OL is WEAK at run-blocking on his beloved "up the gut" calls.
I'm guessing his single-page play book doesn't even have plays designed to get the runner onto the outside in a hurry. God forbid if we would ever pitch it to King so he can use his elusiveness to get past a would be first defender.

He could learn how to utilize the tight end by reviewing some game film from our Ohio U games. They kill us with the inside slant time after time.

Are there any long pass routes that Brady could run OTHER THAN down the sideline?

Aren’t we still w/o Sandley
& the other OL starter? Not saying it would have made a difference......when are they projected to return?

Aren’t we still w/o Sandley
& the other OL starter? Not saying it would have made a difference......when are they projected to return?
Yep, not sure if a time table has been set for them. Our young guys play good against less competitive teams, but decent lines expose them, like Silva did yesterday.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
There goes your 11-1. I’m thinking maybe - MAYBE - 8-4.
Think you are close. 4 games left, all have winning records, 2 away games. Makes sense we would drop two of the four. We aren't ready to win this conference yet. Most of the time, conference champs are loaded with juniors and seniors, we are loaded with red shirt freshman, sophomores, some juniors, few seniors. Attrition will keep us from winning another championship unless that changes.

Legg is nobody's offensive genius...he isn't even mediocre.t. Strictly a square peg in the round hole play caller.

He refuses to adapt his offense to best suit his talent. He has yet to accept the fact that we no longer have Devon Johnson to run all those " up the gut" plays he remembers from his Don Nehlan days. NONE of our present backs can slam into D-linemen and LBs with a fraction of the success that Rock had.

He doesn't even put Anderson in to get that tough yard when it's 3rd & 1 or 4th and 1.

He doesn't even realize that our OL is WEAK at run-blocking on his beloved "up the gut" calls.
I'm guessing his single-page play book doesn't even have plays designed to get the runner onto the outside in a hurry. God forbid if we would ever pitch it to King so he can use his elusiveness to get past a would be first defender.

He could learn how to utilize the tight end by reviewing some game film from our Ohio U games. They kill us with the inside slant time after time.

Are there any long pass routes that Brady could run OTHER THAN down the sideline?

Wow! If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was reading the Metro News web site. Everybody is on there today commenting on the WVU loss and "bitching" about the WVU run game and why they try to run 90 per cent of their plays between the tackles!!

Their comments seem appropriate to the MU run game. Why don't we run some zone plays to the edge or run a toss sweep once in a while to try and get King to the outside and maximize his speed?

Also, agree about Brady. Have we ever tried a "stop and go" pattern with him, stopping his route short on a sideline pattern and then having him break and sprint sharply on a diagonal or post pattern down the middle?? Watching Legg's offense certainly results in a lot more of "why don't we do this or that" questions than it does "I understand why we did that" statements!!

Reactions: 31Herd55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT