ADVERTISEMENT

We're Less Than Two Years Away From Curing Cancer*

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
In 2019, we were promised that cancer would be cured. Not just a renewed focus on funding & grants, but promised it would be cured. Estimates are that funding for cancer research last year was around $6.9 billion, funded by the NCI. I'm all for increased funding, especially for cancers that are more prevalent in younger individuals. And it looks like Congress has made moves to back Biden's Cancer Moonshot initiative, which is great. Overall, it's hard to argue Biden's presidency has been anything but an expensive dumpster fire, but give him credit on making this a prerogative. I look at it like Michael Milken - he's just got multiple felonies but give him his due for his funding initiatives, even if a number of them were motivated by self-preservation.

But a politician made a promise in 2019 & given the context in which it was made, all that needed to happen was for him to get elected. That's it. He gets elected, cancer gets cured. By the way, it's a promise that he had made long before 2019. Now, objectively, he has until January 2025 to cure cancer, as he promised. If cancer is not cured by January 2025, as he promised, will that be the dirtiest campaign lie in the last 25 years? And I'm only picking 25 years since it's a quarter of a century & not done to intentionally leave any specific politician out. So if you want to expand it, feel free. But now he's stopped using the word "cure". The right won't challenge him on it if not, but if you promise to cure cancer if you get elected & you realistically can't, that's so effing slimy.

People fall for that stuff. Just like he is going to eliminate resort fees at hotels and bad check fees. People fall for it and that will show the man. In reality, the cost will just be passed on some other way or relabled.

Same thing with this cancer stuff. Not going to happen in a campaign promise. But, people fall for it.

Reactions: HERD_Rich
People fall for that stuff.

But, people fall for it.

you-keep-talking.gif

• Haha
Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT