ADVERTISEMENT

What Alabama accomplished this year is pretty remarkable...

jeremycriss

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2006
Wins against:
14-1 Clemson
12-2 Michigan State
10-3 Georgia
10-3 Wisconsin
10-4 Florida
10-2 Charleston Southern
9-3 LSU
9-4 Mississippi State
9-4 Tennessee
8-5 Arkansas
8-5 Texas A&M
7-6 Auburn
7-6 MTSU
2-11 Louisiana-Monroe

Only loss was to 10-3 Ole Miss.

The win AT Georgia was impressive, and that team turned a corner at that game. Hate to make comparisons but , yes , Bama had tons of freshmen stand ins too and they had to grow up fast much like Marshall.

Hats off to Saban,me knew he had to pull a rabbit out of his hat, and he did, just in time.

ESPN has been selling the Bama win all day....to the point I'm sick of it. I look at the money P5teams get vs G5 and realize this model will not allow G5 teams to sustain their current paths. The NCAA needs to step in....oh, wait, you mean they are gravy training too? That criminal Ollie Luck is telling them how legally they can screw 90% of college athletes and they can all rich along with the P5 top 30? Indeed they are.

The Securities and Exchange Comission needs to look at the monies, the contracts and the work load on the student athlete and most of all the pay of NCAA officials.

Corruption.

Bama is putting all of this together the old SMU way. It's not possible for that amount of talent and depth to be on one team in one year, without currency and/or benefits being thrown around. And, as has already been pointed out, the disparities between the haves and have nots are so great is depressing.

Bama is putting all of this together the old SMU way. It's not possible for that amount of talent and depth to be on one team in one year, without currency and/or benefits being thrown around. And, as has already been pointed out, the disparities between the haves and have nots are so great is depressing.

Which makes me laugh when WVU fans think their on the same level as teams like Bama or Oklahoma, or even Baylor. Ha

I don't know how they can keep so many great players happy and willing to sit on the bench and rarely see the field for 4 years.

No, they sit on the bench knowing they don't have to cash checks, because they get
straightcash.jpg

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If their corrupt at Bama then the NCAA that is supposed to be enforcing compliance has to be corrupt as well.

Still Bama has LOTS of Freshman playing roles on this years team....and they WON.

Give Saban his due , he guided the team and it got better each game and then in the end out coached Clemson when he had to.

Every team in the Top 10 of recruiting has similar "talent levels". What Saban combines is talent with great coaching and getting his kids to buy into his scheme and style of play. That is a combination hard to beat. Most of the time coaches like that can't get the talent.

Different sport, but take Huggins for example. He has his basketball team bought into his style of play and coaching. And he has them in the Top 10, just whipping #1 Kansas. Imagine Huggins with Kentucky talent and getting that talent to play his way. It would be unbeatable.

Which makes me laugh when WVU fans think their on the same level as teams like Bama or Oklahoma, or even Baylor. Ha

Why interject WVU into this? The OP literally had nothing to do with West Virginia University. You're begging for the lurkers to join in and ruin the convo.

Mountie fans are correct about some of our fans being obsessed with them.

The Saban love in this state is ridiculous. You would think the guy is out there talking about WV at every possible second, instead of leaving the state at first opportunity and never even looking back.

I think it's pretty clear that not all the teams in the top 10 are doing it the same way. No one has the technique down like Bama. Of the other teams to win it all in recent memory, outside of the Tide, they had one or two guys that were just head and shoulders better than every one else. In college football that can work for you.

Different sport, but take Huggins for example. He has his basketball team bought into his style of play and coaching. And he has them in the Top 10, just whipping #1 Kansas. Imagine Huggins with Kentucky talent and getting that talent to play his way. It would be unbeatable.

i can see how this is completely relevant on a MARSHALL board in a thread about ALABAMA FOOTBALL.......

Reactions: WV_Celt
The Saban love in this state is ridiculous. You would think the guy is out there talking about WV at every possible second, instead of leaving the state at first opportunity and never even looking back.

I think it's pretty clear that not all the teams in the top 10 are doing it the same way. No one has the technique down like Bama. Of the other teams to win it all in recent memory, outside of the Tide, they had one or two guys that were just head and shoulders better than every one else. In college football that can work for you.

I've got to personally hear Saban speak at several coaching clincs and at each one he talks pridefully about WV, his up bringing there and how much it goes into his philosophy as a coach.. Just because someone leaves the state doesn't mean they don't appreciate it or where they came from.. Stop trying to hate on a guy who is in the conversation for best college football coach of all time

T^
So so wrong. Great high school players want to go to alabama. They dont have to pay players. Hating hardens the brain and your view is so clouded.

My view isn't clouded at all. There is no way a guy is going to want to go and sit for 2-3 years, while knowing that more top tier guys at the same position are coming in. Something has to keep them around. U$C and Tattoo U have all been found guilty in the past decade, Bama could be right around then corner.

Do you think Marshall cheats? I do. How many of the guys we get(and all the other D1's outside of Duke, Stanford, and the military schools) would never set foot near a campus. Hell, Tom Curry played basketball at MU for 4 years and couldn't read when he left. I think they all cheat at the D1 level. Oh wait, we did get got cheating a couple of times. It is what it is.

Alabama probably does as does Florida State, Clemson, ECU, Marshall,wvu, Texas, and Florida International. Alabama has money and tradition on its side. Plus, a great coach.

I saw Alabama play and the preperation, tactics, adjustments, and they way they carry themselves(as other major powers) is on a different planet. Reminds me of the NFL in the way they play games.

Major college football even down into the lower ranks, is nothing more than a minor league of football and entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT