ADVERTISEMENT

What, thinking of basketball

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
For a first My excitment for basketball is bigger than it is for football. I'm tickled football season is starting. I go watch high school practice most days.The Herd going to the dance might be why. In football we can figure out how high we can go after a few games. In basketball its possible to win a national title. Don't laugh. Some laughed in 74 at old Fairfield that the Herd would win a 1 AA title. That seemed less possible than winning a national championship in basketball but they won a title. Sports is grand at Marshall now.

we have 50-60 at practice most every day now. It is super to see the turnout. One of the incoming freshmen mentioned to me that he is thrilled to have people at practice.
Mikal Beyers told me he couldn't believe the number of fans on hand for his workout with the team a couple months ago,

For a first My excitment for basketball is bigger than it is for football. I'm tickled football season is starting. I go watch high school practice most days.The Herd going to the dance might be why. In football we can figure out how high we can go after a few games. In basketball its possible to win a national title. Don't laugh. Some laughed in 74 at old Fairfield that the Herd would win a 1 AA title. That seemed less possible than winning a national championship in basketball but they won a title. Sports is grand at Marshall now.

And just think about 4 years ago....some folks on HERD NATION were saying...."Why did MU hire a 66 year old man, with high school experience, to head our basketball program?"

WHO IS LAUGHING AT THEM NOW......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I was one of those who didnt understand the hire at first, I will own up to that, but in hindsight it looks better and better.

We have more talent this year than in a long long time on the basketball team. Let's hope they can put it all together!

And just think about 4 years ago....some folks on HERD NATION were saying...."Why did MU hire a 66 year old man, with high school experience, to head our basketball program?"

WHO IS LAUGHING AT THEM NOW......

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

And just think, four years ago you were insisting to all of us that Marshall wasn’t going after Dan, that Dan had absolutely no interest in the job, and that the hire would never be Dan.

And we are still all laughing at you now . . .

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Four-years-ago? Son, I can't remember what happened four minutes ago!

If I did, I stand corrected. My perspective was that we'd never get a D'Antoni after a long history of near misses, and it looked like we'd just had another.

I think you will have to acknowledge that I have been one of Danny's greatest supporters, once he was brought on board.

A lot of you guys (Where are you, Fever?) were crying about the Europeans. I hope we bring a ton of 'em -- Rigot was over there again last week.

Some of you guys were even saying that Mike -- an academic All-American and a pre-Med major -- would never be able to understand NCAA guidelines.

I'm happier than I've been since the brothers played here.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT