ADVERTISEMENT

When are you looking for Doc to announce Coordinators?

It doesn’t matter who the coaches are. All Doc has to do is win. It doesn’t matter if we score 10, 50, or 100 as long as we win. It solves everything.
True, but if we don't go undefeated, get the access bowl bid, and blow out whoever we play, there will be a group of fans on here that won't be satisfied and just want Doc gone regardless of results.

I still don't get it! We had freshman oline, first yr running backs, transfers at wideout, a jr QB that does not have all his marbles, and won 8 games and everyone is bitching. The offense was going to improve under Legg next year with all the youth but everyone still demanded change. Well, you have change and now your bitching about change. Wow! Just wow!

Bottom line, make Litton learn a new offense was going to be a major risk and money to hire an exciting OC was going to be an issue.
You can add in 3 plays from 11-2 and at least a conference championship game appearance. I will say that I was extremely unhappy with the offense and still feel that the OC change was needed because the offense was stale and too predictable.

Such a contrast between Doc and Danny...
True, but you don't have the concern that Doc is going to commit a recruiting violation when he speaks. D'Antoni has come close to that when talking about recruiting a few times.

In dans defense half the teams in basketball dont get invited to the dance. And football is a much better situation at mu than basketball.

Dan finished 5 in the conference then he didn't get invited to a bowl game lime doc
True, but I believe we were only favored in 2 of those bowl games and won all 5.

True, but if we don't go undefeated, get the access bowl bid, and blow out whoever we play, there will be a group of fans on here that won't be satisfied and just want Doc gone regardless of results.
Honestly, I have supported Doc until recently. Im still mixed on Legg leaving and wondering if it played a role in Litton going pro. The problem I see is there is serious risk in hiring a new OC. If Doc and Mike make a mistake it is big-time problems for the program. Second, Im growing tired of Doc bringing in all these Florida kids with Character issue (btw what happened to Simon Walden). Its very difficult to playing at a high level with such high turnover rate. Doc knew when he was at WVU that you cant build an entire team of Florida kids so Im not sure what he was doing that caused the 2016 melt down. Doc deserves some of this heat.

True, but you don't have the concern that Doc is going to commit a recruiting violation when he speaks. D'Antoni has come close to that when talking about recruiting a few times.
I do think Doc should spend more time out talking with fans and alums about his vision for the program, current status of the program, and general updates. Everything seems political with Doc and no real honest conversation(all coach speak). I would think an interview with a local reporter on the status of the coaching such would be in order.

I do think Doc should spend more time out talking with fans and alums about his vision for the program, current status of the program, and general updates. Everything seems political with Doc and no real honest conversation(all coach speak). I would think an interview with a local reporter on the status of the coaching such would be in order.

Doc makes appearances all the time.

Have you ever spoke to Doc when the cameras are off? He’s one of the least political guys I know.

It’s stuff like this that makes you look like you have an agenda.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla
Everybody has an agenda. AllEars is simply wondering why the Herd isn't taking a look at some of the decent athletes Martinsburg has been putting out, and I like hearing what he has to say. Maybe those guys aren't good enough to play D1 ball, but I believe most of the underlying points were to at least maybe offer them a PWO spot, and open up a possible pipeline into the school. Don't you have an agenda as well, in defending the Shewey? As I said, everybody has an agenda of some sorts. Mine, I'm watching out for my friend Sistersville. We're keeping an eye on Pullman, and if he gets out of line, we're going to jack him up.

Have you ever spoke to Doc when the cameras are off? He’s one of the least political guys I know.

Actually, yes I have! Why are you calling me out! Lots of others not happy with Doc and his coach speak. I don't have an agenda, and as I said, I supported Doc until just recently. The turnover in players is out of hand. The other issue is now Chase Litton and two new Coordinators leave the 2018 season in question. I realize im not in the majority but I think losing Bill Legg could be a problem because we are trusting Doc and Mike to find someone better and now with a new system and new QB it causes concern.

I agree Josh....I got to know Doc his first year at MU spending about 4 hours in a golf cart during a Charlotte Alumni golf outing. I found him to be engaging, funny and entertaining. He did "cuss" a lot!

I BSed him, Mike H. & Tom Herrion by showing them the biggest & nicest house on the golf course---claiming I owned it. He said...."Gary, you need to up your Big Green pledge. We even had pictures taken in the yard......I never did tell them the truth.

Laughing in Charlotte....Zilla22

Last edited:
I agree Josh....I got to know Doc his first year at MU spending about 4 hours in a golf cart during a Charlotte Alumni golf outing. I found him to be engaging, funny and entertaining. He did "cuss" a lot!

I BSed him, Mike H. & Tom Herrion by showing them the biggest & nicest house on the golf course---claiming I owned it. He said...."Gary, you need to up your Big Green pledge. We even had pictures taken in the yard......I never did tell them the truth.

FraudZilla

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

Do you ever get tired of sucking yourself off?

Reactions: JC102 and kdbherdon
Honestly, I have supported Doc until recently. Im still mixed on Legg leaving and wondering if it played a role in Litton going pro. The problem I see is there is serious risk in hiring a new OC. If Doc and Mike make a mistake it is big-time problems for the program. Second, Im growing tired of Doc bringing in all these Florida kids with Character issue (btw what happened to Simon Walden). Its very difficult to playing at a high level with such high turnover rate. Doc knew when he was at WVU that you cant build an entire team of Florida kids so Im not sure what he was doing that caused the 2016 melt down. Doc deserves some of this heat.

Its because Florida generally produces great talent. I don't think I need to get into details about that and I honestly don't have a problem with it. Maybe if WV wasn't such a shithole, WV players would be more apt to stay?
For some FL players, WV is a bit of a way out for them.
Cato, grew up in a pretty rough area and was recruited by FIU...I don't know how he would have fared had he stayed in basically the same rough area he was already in.
However, what we can say is he grew into a leader and developed and matured on his own.
I think Doc has a certain set of expectations with these FL players, to do that, but Doc can't do it for them. For many, they end up doing good and having a solid career here...for some, they can't handle it, and end up leaving or getting into trouble.
All Doc and MU do is provide the opportunity given in a different area, away from the things that may hold them down.

It is the exact same thing for local WV players, who leave WV...for basically the same reasons. It's an escape and a chance to make it elsewhere. For many, it works, for some, it doesn't.

Have ya seen who he was around when he was an Assistant? Ole Don was about the only "normal" one when it came to fan interaction and program transparency. Rich Rod? He just yelled alot.
Urban Meyer, looks like he's about to explode on someone for thinking Cincy or Cleveland are professional sports teams and not ohio state...not sure about Chuck Amato, however, all of them really aren't fan friendly and media interactive types...mostly, they are all, pretty political as you said.

I don't see much wrong with that, Doc may feel it's his job to coach a football team and do all that...not be the ambassador for MU.
Funny thing, that's sorta what led Pitino away from UK many say. The entire state adopted him as their ambassador and he basically had to socially involve himself in several aspects of the state that he didn't care for. While UL basically said, "Just coach." But I dunno.

Dan is, well, the opposite. If Doc Holliday is a Pitbull, then Dan is a Golden Retriever, and depending on what you want, both serve a great purpose...If you want home protection, go with the Pit. If you want playtime, go with the retriever. Both could probably do the other's job, but may be pretty bad at it.

Reactions: AllEers6
Actually, yes I have! Why are you calling me out! Lots of others not happy with Doc and his coach speak. I don't have an agenda, and as I said, I supported Doc until just recently. The turnover in players is out of hand. The other issue is now Chase Litton and two new Coordinators leave the 2018 season in question. I realize im not in the majority but I think losing Bill Legg could be a problem because we are trusting Doc and Mike to find someone better and now with a new system and new QB it causes concern.

Soooo...Doc giving the fans what they wanted...Bill Legg being fired and Chase Litton not starting/playing because 'he throws off his back foot' and (insert the criticisms of why he won't be drafted in the NFL) is a cause for concern?
Heater leaving, nobody saw that coming, but everyone on here can agree that Heater stayed WAAAY longer than anyone thought he would, he's got less pressure in a bigger program with as much money coaching a single position of defense over an entire one. Nobody would have issue with that so you can't blame Doc for that one.

But back to your post...it's being careful what you wish for...Legg being gone has made so many people nervous and scared...to the point that they'd be fine with him staying...because he provided at some instances, stability with the offense, and, maybe, it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. It couldn't be, considering people are actually worried about the position.
I remember when people got ticked off at Bill Stewart because he wasn't the aggressive type they were used to seeing and that they wanted to see. He dies and they hire, well, the dumpster fire you have now.
I think the fans are getting WAAY too greddy with some of their expectations and demands of a program that is limited enough.

Reactions: AllEers6
Its because Florida generally produces great talent. I don't think I need to get into details about that and I honestly don't have a problem with it. Maybe if WV wasn't such a shithole, WV players would be more apt to stay?
For some FL players, WV is a bit of a way out for them.
Cato, grew up in a pretty rough area and was recruited by FIU...I don't know how he would have fared had he stayed in basically the same rough area he was already in.
However, what we can say is he grew into a leader and developed and matured on his own.
I think Doc has a certain set of expectations with these FL players, to do that, but Doc can't do it for them. For many, they end up doing good and having a solid career here...for some, they can't handle it, and end up leaving or getting into trouble.
All Doc and MU do is provide the opportunity given in a different area, away from the things that may hold them down.

It is the exact same thing for local WV players, who leave WV...for basically the same reasons. It's an escape and a chance to make it elsewhere. For many, it works, for some, it doesn't.

WV is not a shithole (Trump just got into trouble for saying this lol), and It is fine to recruit Florida but don't make your entire team up of kids from that state. Why, first due to UCF, SFU, FIU, FAU, and the three biggies plus all the other schools in America that recruit that state its become picked over so schools like Marshall are getting the Florida schools rejects by in large. Second, the old Don Nehlen concept was to recruit offensive lineman, TE's, DT's, Middle linebackers, FB's, and kickers up north and your skill players such as WR's, RB;s, CB's, Outside linebackers, and DE's from down south. Its a nice blend and it works, and Doc was tought this but Nehlen so Im not really sure what he has been trying to do with building an entire team of kids from Florida. Honestly, it made no sense and it got him in trouble. this years class you can see him going back to that old concept.

......but I think losing Bill Legg could be a problem because we are trusting Doc and Mike to find someone better and now with a new system and new QB it causes concern.

well who else are are we supposed to trust to find someone better? yeah, let’s set up a search committee of herd nation posters to be in charge, because we all know this is where the real experts are.

with very few exceptions assistants change on a regular basis - marshall’s program was fortunate to have relative stability for such a long time....and players leave early on a regular basis too, at programs around the country

i swear, some of you guys could have beyonce as your sugar mama and still complain because she has stretch marks from being pregnant

well who else are are we supposed to trust to find someone better? yeah, let’s set up a search committee of herd nation posters to be in charge, because we all know this is where the real experts are.

with very few exceptions assistants change on a regular basis - marshall’s program was fortunate to have relative stability for such a long time....and players leave early on a regular basis too, at programs around the country

i swear, some of you guys could have beyonce as your sugar mama and still complain because she has stretch marks from being pregnant
I was not in favor of bouncing Bill Legg and now with Litton leaving (and the DC leaving) next season has questions. A grad transfer at QB is needed.

Change means risk!

Last edited:
.Legg being gone has made so many people nervous and scared...
to the point that they'd be fine with him staying...because he provided at some

You've got to be kidding me...

Aside from the few Legg suckups that exist on this board....you don't seem to understand "context". "Nervous" that the right person will be hired. "Scared" that it will be another "buddy" hire, instead of a younger up and coming coach from outside the system and state. "Nervous" that this organization has fvcked around too long and not lined up coaching replacements, and missed out on decent candidates.

With that said. Still wondering WTH is going on and why announcements haven't been made. Fully expect someone to tell us keeping these hiring decisions under wraps is due to HIPAA. :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding me...

Aside from the few Legg suckups that exist on this board....you don't seem to understand "context". "Nervous" that the right person will be hired. "Scared" that it will be another "buddy" hire, instead of a younger up and coming coach from outside the system and state. "Nervous" that this organization has fvcked around too long and not lined up coaching replacements, and missed out on decent candidates.

With that said. Still wondering WTH is going on and why announcements haven't been made. Fully expect someone to tell us keeping these hiring decisions under wraps is due to HIPAA. :rolleyes:

I think its more shellshock

Exactly.

And to think, many of the MU want transparency in the program...HA! You're lucky to get bread crumbs of information...

Simply because...
MU is more transparent, fans get angry because the decisions didn't go their way, blame Doc and Hamrick. They also over-analyze the situations, soinning truths and creating their own (often negative) narrative.

MU doesn't reveal jack squat, and everyone is uoset because they don't know whats going on...and blame Doc and Hamrick.

Either way, MU loses...so until the fans be more rational, MU likely won't give any information away anymore.

Reactions: ToesMU
WV is not a shithole (Trump just got into trouble for saying this lol), and It is fine to recruit Florida but don't make your entire team up of kids from that state. Why, first due to UCF, SFU, FIU, FAU, and the three biggies plus all the other schools in America that recruit that state its become picked over so schools like Marshall are getting the Florida schools rejects by in large. Second, the old Don Nehlen concept was to recruit offensive lineman, TE's, DT's, Middle linebackers, FB's, and kickers up north and your skill players such as WR's, RB;s, CB's, Outside linebackers, and DE's from down south. Its a nice blend and it works, and Doc was tought this but Nehlen so Im not really sure what he has been trying to do with building an entire team of kids from Florida. Honestly, it made no sense and it got him in trouble. this years class you can see him going back to that old concept.

WV is a shithole. Sorry to hit you with a reality check...everyone is leaving, nobody is staying. Everyone is dying from drugs or being too fat. Lawmakers change political parties because they know WVians are just dumb fat illiterate idiots.
But hey...The Bible is what matters!!!!!

If Doc is getting the 3rd or 4th best players in florida (and sometimes he get better than that) he is preventing other CUSA schools from getting them, and it bolsters our roster because a 3 star FL player is probably going to be as good as a higher ranked WV prospect simply because, while WV has had good HS athletes lately, they aren't much of anything when compared to the HS programs of states that actually know what they're doing.
Also, what makes you think the FL players automatically choose the FL schools to begin with? Many don't. Its much lower risk going after someoe with multiple offers from FL schools being MU, if they choose FL, alright, if they choose MU, well, we landed someone all of FL was recruiting...he should be good.

Reactions: pdbailey
Exactly.

And to think, many of the MU want transparency in the program...HA! You're lucky to get bread crumbs of information...

Simply because...
MU is more transparent, fans get angry because the decisions didn't go their way, blame Doc and Hamrick. They also over-analyze the situations, soinning truths and creating their own (often negative) narrative.

MU doesn't reveal jack squat, and everyone is uoset because they don't know whats going on...and blame Doc and Hamrick.

Either way, MU loses...so until the fans be more rational, MU likely won't give any information away anymore.

ahhh yes. Blaming the fans. That's always helped to build a program.................never.

Have ya seen who he was around when he was an Assistant? Ole Don was about the only "normal" one when it came to fan interaction and program transparency. Rich Rod? He just yelled alot.
Urban Meyer, looks like he's about to explode on someone for thinking Cincy or Cleveland are professional sports teams and not ohio state...not sure about Chuck Amato, however, all of them really aren't fan friendly and media interactive types...mostly, they are all, pretty political as you said.

I don't see much wrong with that, Doc may feel it's his job to coach a football team and do all that...not be the ambassador for MU.
Funny thing, that's sorta what led Pitino away from UK many say. The entire state adopted him as their ambassador and he basically had to socially involve himself in several aspects of the state that he didn't care for. While UL basically said, "Just coach." But I dunno.

Dan is, well, the opposite. If Doc Holliday is a Pitbull, then Dan is a Golden Retriever, and depending on what you want, both serve a great purpose...If you want home protection, go with the Pit. If you want playtime, go with the retriever. Both could probably do the other's job, but may be pretty bad at it.

Most sensible thing I have read on Herd Nation in years
. Dan is a Golden retriever funny guy....and Doc will bite your ass......just ask his players. Those "eyes" will freak you out....But I like Doc....just saying.

Zilla22

Reactions: All4TheHerd
We only have 22 scholarship players from FL on the roster with those players making up just 25-30% of the roster. There are 9 states represented with multiple players on the roster and 15 different states overall.

Reactions: chuck1069
We only have 22 scholarship players from FL on the roster with those players making up just 25-30% of the roster. There are 9 states represented with multiple players on the roster and 15 different states overall.
I know all the rest quit! lol

I was not in favor of bouncing Bill Legg and now with Litton leaving (and the DC leaving) next season has questions. A grad transfer at QB is needed.

Change means risk!
Change is constant! To live scared of change or risk is ridiculous, and that mindset is a big reason why the rest of the world has left the state of wv in its dust.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Change is constant! To live scared of change or risk is ridiculous, and that mindset is a big reason why the rest of the world has left the state of wv in its dust.
After the bowl game it looked like everyone was coming back now the DC, OC, and starting QB are gone and what looked like a run to 10 or more wins is now a rebuild job. Lots of questions.

After the bowl game it looked like everyone was coming back now the DC, OC, and starting QB are gone and what looked like a run to 10 or more wins is now a rebuild job. Lots of questions.

We knew Legg and Heater were both leaving before the bowl game and there were rumors of Chase’s departure back in early December.

Doc was well aware of the situation. I agree, it’s not an ideal situation, but we’ll be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT