ADVERTISEMENT

Who on this board is the Florida State fan....

AllEers6

Bronze Buffalo
Sep 22, 2011
...that was throwing Rick Trickett(and other out going FSU coaches) under the bus back in the spring? Man, that has turned into a mess real fast.

Raises hand. Trickett needed to go years ago but Jimbo was loyal to a fault. Jimbo checked out at FSU a long time ago and left the program in disarray.

That being said, Taggert is obviously in way over his head and the natives are restless after a mere three games. 1-11 is a very distinct possibility for the Noles. However, he brought in a completely different style but does not have the players to fit his scheme. He will get at least 2 years to try to make it work. Until then, it’s our turn in the barrell.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article218496895.html

Last edited:
I have a son who is a Noles fan. he thinks their OL is the weak spot. I keep telling him taggart is in way over his head

Raises hand. Trickett needed to go years ago but Jimbo was loyal to a fault. Jimbo checked out at FSU a long time ago and left the program in disarray.

That being said, Taggert is obviously in way over his head and the natives are restless after a mere three games. 1-11 is a very distinct possibility for the Noles. However, he brought in a completely different style but does not have the players to fit his scheme. He will get at least 2 years to try to make it work. Until then, it’s our turn in the barrell.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article218496895.html
That team is stocked full of 5 and 4 star recruits. I don't get it!!

Trickett is highly respected in the industry for his zone blocking so Im not sure he was the problem but there is sure issues in that program someplace.

I will defend Trick because I saw what he did with two star recruits at WVU and made one of them an Outland Trophy winner.

Heck, pretty obvious that Willie Taggart has been "snookering" fan bases since he was at WKU!!!

Another FSU fan here (I am also a college football fan). As what was said above, Taggart did all the things right before the season. He got the kids on track academically, brought Bobby Bowden, Mickey Andrews and former players back to the program, and even had the kids learn the fight song. But at the end of the day he has to win and boy has it been ugly so far. On another note, my wife and I are wanting to come to a Marshall game this season. We live in Roanoke, Virginia so it's about a 4 hour drive. We have never been and we are pretty excited to not only see a game but to see the campus. The only time we will be able to come is in November so it will either be for the Charlotte game or UTSA. Anyway, we are really looking forward to it.

FSU made a really bad hire. It will take them at least five years to run this guy off. Even the very top programs are one bad coach hire from serious damage. FSU is not so big as to be exempt from that. Almost no program is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT