ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all know there’s a game tonight, right?

crickets GIF

It makes me proud of this fan base. A lot of teams' fan bases are fooled by big talk and rah-rah idiocy. Marshall fans used to KNOW what good football was and demanded it. The fact that even the enablers are quiet tells me that there is hope, that that core Marshall fandom, knowledgeable, loyal, demanding, is still there. People that will demand we get rid of the bouncy houses, the live performance no names, the uniform of the week stupidity, and get a team on the field that can WIN.

Demand better.

It says a lot about what one bad loss can do ... If we would have beaten Ga. State, the talk about tonights game would be non-stop today. The winner would have the driver's seat in the conference. It would be must-see.

Instead we lose by three scores and the buzz for this season goes the way of Ole Yeller.

If we win tonight, we can get some of that buzz back for the next couple of games at least.

There's a decent amount of chatter on this board about the team and tonight's game:

It says a lot about what one bad loss can do ... If we would have beaten Ga. State, the talk about tonights game would be non-stop today. The winner would have the driver's seat in the conference. It would be must-see.

Instead we lose by three scores and the buzz for this season goes the way of Ole Yeller.

If we win tonight, we can get some of that buzz back for the next couple of games at least.
For some reason I'm optimistic about tonight's game. Just feels like one we will win (and probably follow it up with a flat performance against CCU or App State).

For some reason I'm optimistic about tonight's game. Just feels like one we will win (and probably follow it up with a flat performance against CCU or App State).
The pattern with Huff is a mid season dump and then get back on track too late to win the conference. I think that dump continues tonight.

I think Huff was looking past Georgia St last week. If true, I expect a MUCH better showing tonight and possibly winning.

That said, I'm afraid we get behind in the 1st half, score some points in the 2nd half to lessen the gap, but then never be able to catch up with them.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
Huff said it himself. His teams have a track record of losing focus mid season and dropping games. I like that he is man enough to say that, but it's year 3 and that should be fixed. Hopefully we get a good showing tonight and get the W. Go Herd

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Huff said it himself. His teams have a track record of losing focus mid season and dropping games. I like that he is man enough to say that, but it's year 3 and that should be fixed. Hopefully we get a good showing tonight and get the W. Go Herd
I was about to say, shouldn't take you 3 years to figure out a comsistent problem with your teams performance.

It makes me proud of this fan base. A lot of teams' fan bases are fooled by big talk and rah-rah idiocy. Marshall fans used to KNOW what good football was and demanded it. The fact that even the enablers are quiet tells me that there is hope, that that core Marshall fandom, knowledgeable, loyal, demanding, is still there. People that will demand we get rid of the bouncy houses, the live performance no names, the uniform of the week stupidity, and get a team on the field that can WIN.

Demand better.

More ignorant ramble mumbo jumbo. Feel better about yourself now???

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I don’t know how many of you have watched Huff’s Tuesday presser? The one coach speak he stated I thought was really good. He said some players are getting caught up trying to make great individual plays. In doing so, they are breaking discipline etc.
He said he told them: “I don’t need any of you to be great. I just need ALL of you to be good. If you do that, then collectively we will be great.” (Not exact quote)
I liked that idea……

I don’t know how many of you have watched Huff’s Tuesday presser? The one coach speak he stated I thought was really good. He said some players are getting caught up trying to make great individual plays. In doing so, they are breaking discipline etc.
He said he told them: “I don’t need any of you to be great. I just need ALL of you to be good. If you do that, then collectively we will be great.” (Not exact quote)
I liked that idea……

I agree. I love it. He is not a "gotta get that fixed." People say well what are you going to do to get it fixed. Well, he just explained what he is going to do!! GO HERD

I liked that idea……

Hell, I said that 4 weeks ago. Playing hero ball for stats and not maintaining gaps. Everybody on the d line wants sacks, which are hard got get on running plays. Play run, react to the pass.

It isn't that it's just one bad loss or even two straight losses. It's that a lot of people have seen the same thing week in and week out and knew going forward we might be in trouble.

Also I am not saying people should bail on the team either. However it's Thursday night. We've never drawn well on weeknight games. Marshall attendance also decreases as the temperature decreases. It always has.

Reactions: RhinoD
I agree. I love it. He is not a "gotta get that fixed." People say well what are you going to do to get it fixed. Well, he just explained what he is going to do!! GO HERD
3 years in and he still hasn't gotten it fixed. Instead he says he calls the right plays, it's just the players that aren't doing their jobs. If they just weren't missing their assignments, we'd be fine, and he'd be in East Lansing.

No rain till 11 tonight. No excuse to not show up. Go Herd.
Rain? Let's hope we get this taken care of in regulation then lol. Seriously though. I think I have seen more OT games this season than I can ever remember seeing.

It isn't that it's just one bad loss or even two straight losses. It's that a lot of people have seen the same thing week in and week out and knew going forward we might be in trouble.

Also I am not saying people should bail on the team either. However it's Thursday night. We've never drawn well on weeknight games. Marshall attendance also decreases as the temperature decreases. It always has.

People begged to be back on ESPN, seemingly forgetting what that entails.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT