ADVERTISEMENT

Yo

We will take a win any day of the week. Hats off to the defense, but they weren't defending the usual JMU lineup. Our offense did well enough to get by, but with the help of our defense.

Aaron, you really should just stop watching the games. You only evaluate the final score and not the body of work, which is the metric by which any team is evaluated for the purpose of improving. There's a reason we won today and it isn't because we all of the sudden became awesome.

This game should frustrate fans because it shows we should be undefeated in league play.yes we should and are happy for the win but let’s run off a string of 5 more

We’re not a good offensive team. We’re just not. I would say we have more holes offensively than Swiss cheese, but our holes on that side of the ball are much larger than that. Not fair to Swiss cheese.

HOWEVER, our coaching staff played the game to our strengths and we won the game by two scores (as two score underdogs). I know it’s not cool to give credit to anyone on a message board, but we won the game about the only way we can win right now. Everyone who played a part needs some credit for that.

It's football, injuries happen. You play who you have. Guess the great JMU won't be headed to the access bowl after all.

I think we should ride with Fancher the balance of the year and give one of the freshman some game time towards the end of the season so as to not burn a year of eligibility. I like his ability to run and believe he will develop as a passer. Colombi is not the answer.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
So did we (for the most part). Seems like we have been playing QB patchwork all year.

Very different though, in comparison. Our so called "backup" is maybe a slight upgrade.

They lost a stud QB and their backup may be good one day, but clearly isn't ready to be a starter.

I think we should ride with Fancher the balance of the year and give one of the freshman some game time towards the end of the season so as to not burn a year of eligibility. I like his ability to run and believe he will develop as a passer. Colombi is not the answer.

Or...and just hear me out first before making your decision. We get a mad scientist who can combine Colombi and Fancher into one QB. It will give us Fancher's ability to run combined with Colombi's halfway decent throwing accuracy and we will call him FanchOmbi.

Very different though, in comparison. Our so called "backup" is maybe a slight upgrade.

They lost a stud QB and their backup may be good one day, but clearly isn't ready to be a starter.
Wait a minute, in the 1st quarter and 1st half the backup QB for JMU gave us fits. We made adjustments and shut his ass down. Can’t discredit the D and blame the win in JMU’s QB. If Centeio was in for JMU we’d of ripped him up as well, the defense had a hell of a game and it wouldn’t have mattered what QB was in for JMU

Last edited:
Wait a minute, in the 1st quarter and 1st half the backup QB for JMU gave us fits. We made adjutant shut his ass down. Can’t discredit the D and blame the win in JMU’s QB. If Centeio was in for JMU we’d of ripped him up as well, the defense had a hell of a game and it wouldn’t have mattered what QB was in for JMU
Agree

Reactions: caliherd
@Aaron Perkins Here is a question for you, yes or no answer only. No detail, no fansplaining.

IF Marshall had losses to Louisiana Monroe, Buffalo, Rice and Eastern Kentucky; would your perception on the state of the program be favorable?

To answer your question. No. The program has a ton of talent. Great support. Solid leaders, and tradition.

Nearly all teams in any sport lose. Sometimes they lose games they shouldnt. Sometimes they lose multiple games they shouldnt. Doesnt change my opinion at all.

Our coach proved this past off season that he can recognize problems....and fix it....see the defensive line. So why would I think he cant do that with other problems that may arise or may have already arose.

GO HERD

To answer your question. No. Doesnt change my opinion at all.

And that, dear reader, is the difference between childish super-fandom, and serious adult fandom of a sports team.

I can teach a three year old to squeak out “Marshall” when I ask him (or her) who is going to win on Saturday. Hell, I probably could teach a parrot that.

Doesn’t mean a thing. Just blind super fandom, MU is the best because it is, rah, rah, rah. Adds nothing to a conversation, because it is meaningless, because it is based on childish loyalty, and not upon a serious analysis of the reality on the ground.

And that, dear reader, is the difference between childish super-fandom, and serious adult fandom of a sports team.

I can teach a three year old to squeak out “Marshall” when I ask him (or her) who is going to win on Saturday. Hell, I probably could teach a parrot that.

Doesn’t mean a thing. Just blind super fandom, MU is the best because it is, rah, rah, rah. Adds nothing to a conversation, because it is meaningless, because it is based on childish loyalty, and not upon a serious analysis of the reality on the ground.

Ahhh. Where did I say it was the best? I said it didn’t change my opinion on the program.

Ahhh. Where did I say it was the best? I said it didn’t change my opinion on the program.
Well, you have N E V E R found one flaw, picked against the team (in any sport) or otherwise said one thing of an adult nature about the program. Just childish rah-rah crap. MU is the bestest ever!!!! The only criticism of anyone is of your fellow fans for not being mind-numbed robots who accept mediocrity. Nothing that furthers the conversation in any way.

Well, you have N E V E R found one flaw, picked against the team (in any sport) or otherwise said one thing of an adult nature about the program. Just childish rah-rah crap. MU is the bestest ever!!!! The only criticism of anyone is of your fellow fans for not being mind-numbed robots who accept mediocrity. Nothing that furthers the conversation in any way.
I usually don’t pick against MU even if I know we will get crushed, because there is always that chance that we upset who we are playing. Look at ND game perfect example. It’s not childish. It’s faithful to my team. Ride or Die!!!!!

To answer your question. No. The program has a ton of talent. Great support. Solid leaders, and tradition.

Nearly all teams in any sport lose. Sometimes they lose games they shouldnt. Sometimes they lose multiple games they shouldnt. Doesnt change my opinion at all.

Our coach proved this past off season that he can recognize problems....and fix it....see the defensive line. So why would I think he cant do that with other problems that may arise or may have already arose.

GO HERD
Please elaborate on what problems the defensive line had last year, and what Coach Huff did specifically to improve them. IMO, the DLine was one of the few consistent/bright spots last year into this year. Sure, they added depth (some from recruiting, some returning from injuries), but the unit as a whole was solid last year. Coach Street did a masterful job last year and they are even more dominant this year.

Reactions: The Real SamC
We were almost out of D lineman in bowl game. Not enough for good rotation. So adding depth is correct but he added a lot in terms of size and talent to our D line. Now we have a deep rotation

Please elaborate on what problems the defensive line had last year, and what Coach Huff did specifically to improve them. IMO, the DLine was one of the few consistent/bright spots last year into this year. Sure, they added depth (some from recruiting, some returning from injuries), but the unit as a whole was solid last year. Coach Street did a masterful job last year and they are even more dominant this year.

Depth. We only had 6 dressed and playing in the bowl game. Now we have 15. That’s the problem we had last year. The ones we had were excellent. We just didn’t have nearly enough.

Nothing that furthers the conversation in any way.
I'm still trying to find where any of your comments further a conversation beyond mindless cliches. Besides claiming some are "super fans" and always picking AGAINST "your" team, you never offer anything of value aside from criticism of current FB team and coaches. A real switch from mediocrities past you gladly accepted.

Depth. We only had 6 dressed and playing in the bowl game. Now we have 15. That’s the problem we had last year. The ones we had were excellent. We just didn’t have nearly enough.
Depth and size. Not only did we have 0 depth at that position our DTs were small for their position. But lets be honest here, Doc recruited players that played down in size. He would take DE and make them DT. Lbers to De's and Safetys to lbers. If that makes sense...lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT