ADVERTISEMENT

You herd it here...

Herd-in-ATL

Bronze Buffalo
Dec 15, 2009
This is not Marshall related yet... But my son is a sports journalist and he's covering the UGA vs. Louisville game in Charlotte... He normally has really good insight and resources, he told me about the Todd Gurley stuff 2 weeks before it was made public... He says the buzz in the press box is that Mark Richt will be stepping down after their bowl game and that Kirby Smart will be named the new coach at Georgia...

Talk about polar opposites in class and dignity....Richt & Petrino facing off against each other.

Bob Stoops? OK is the most overrated program in all of college football. Every year the media picks them to be a contender for the national title and they never come close. Jmo.

Originally posted by TwolfHerdfan:
Bob Stoops? OK is the most overrated program in all of college football. Every year the media picks them to be a contender for the national title and they never come close. Jmo.
You could say the exact same thing about Richt at Georgia ever year, too. Every preseason, they're talked up to get to the SEC Championship game and compete for a national title but they barely ever get to the SEC Championship game.

Richt is a solid coach but he can't win the games that matter near the end of the season. If I were a Georgia fan, I'd want him gone. Richt has reached his ceiling at UGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT