ADVERTISEMENT

Ali

Possible MCL. Or any of the above! Who knows? I’ll bet Mr. Spears isn’t too happy with how this was worded…..
I doubt very seriously that he had no knowledge of the statement before it's released. Any public statement made by a HC usually goes through proofs. That's the worst part. No one in that athletic department thought this wouldn't just cause more issues.

Spears is all about shaking things up. Well step #1 is hire better PR people because ours downright sucks and this isn't the first and only example. Marshall's public messaging has been bush league for a long, long time.

Again though, how many players get injured and just go away from the team to do their own thing? If you are injured, you rehab, still study film, mentor your backup, support your teammates, etc.
I guess it comes down to the parents. They may have wanted to have their own doctors give another opinion. Again there's nothing wrong with that at all. There's probably not much to this other than a simple injury. MU though through their genius turns a torch into a tire fire.

I am not sure what is wrong with MU stating he has an injury and went home to get family input on how to deal with it. That doesn't violate any HIPPA or other policies.

Marshall has never been good at PR or communication. You would think having a top notch J school would help with that. Hopefully Smith and Spears can turn it around.

I am not sure what is wrong with MU stating he has an injury and went home to get family input on how to deal with it. That doesn't violate any HIPPA or other policies.

Marshall has never been good at PR or communication. You would think having a top notch J school would help with that. Hopefully Smith and Spears can turn it around.
Well this was under their watch.....So far it seems like the "under new management" banner is hanging outside, but the menu is the same.

This does not sound like an injury to me. It sounds like something he has no control over and the administration is giving him time and space to deal with whatever happened. I would imagine this young man has been under a microscope lately. I also believe that speculation as to this announcement will only make it worse.

As a graduate of that J School, I can attest that there are phenomenal people working within that program who are experts in their respective fields... How hard would it be to send one of our esteemed journalism or public relations professors an email that says "Hey, please read this statement for me before we send it out, thanks."

Im certain they could find a faculty member who would be willing to take 10 minutes and help with this. It just takes someone in the Shewey to ask.

As a graduate of that J School, I can attest that there are phenomenal people working within that program who are experts in their respective fields... How hard would it be to send one of our esteemed journalism or public relations professors an email that says "Hey, please read this statement for me before we send it out, thanks."

Im certain they could find a faculty member who would be willing to take 10 minutes and help with this. It just takes someone in the Shewey to ask.
Agree. My uncle is in the MU J School HOF.
Pulitzer Prize winner as well. He cringes at Marshall’s poor communication

Even if it was a family death. Just say something to the effect that Due to a loss in the family Rasheen Ali will miss some time to start the season. We look forward to his return and our thoughts and prayers are with he and his family. Go Herd!

That is a statement that i have seen time and time again in many walks of life. It's respectful to the the family and it keeps the idiots at bay. Instead we get what we got and every speculation short of an alien abduction is being thrown around. This also breeds mistrust in the university and further erodes relations with an already fractured fan base.

Why should we all be given the know on this to begin with? The demand to know what's going on still won't be enough for many on here.
He's out for an undisclosed amount of time for an undisclosed reason.
I hope he gets better and whatever adversity he's facing be it mental, physical, or both, he overcomes and returns to form.
Until then?
Well, next man up.

Here's Coach Huff's comment to Jake Griffith......

“…we will get him back soon, it’s not as detrimental as it may seem. “he’s still around our building and around the team” Coach Huff on Rasheen Ali

Leave it to Keith Morehouse to turn MU chicken shit into chicken salad... Can we just hire him to handle athletics communications?
That would be awesome. The dept. hasn't had a good communicator since Frank Gardinia was there. jmo.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I would think now that the cat is out of the bag we may not see Ali in a Marshall uniform again. Going into the season I was really anticipating seeing him matchup with ND’s defense.

Cat is out of the bag?... What did I miss?
I don’t know how far the information has spread so I casted some bait to see if it is well known. It already may have been discussed on the paid board.

I don’t know how far the information has spread so I casted some bait to see if it is well known. It already may have been discussed on the paid board.
Nope and nope.

Unless you have confirmed info, please do not share as it is still nothing more than rumors at this point.

Reactions: goherd73
Coach Huff: “It’s not as detrimental as it may seem.”
Translation: “Although he will never again play football for Marshall, we wish him a speedy & full recovery as he prepares for his future and the next level….”

I must have really misunderstood Doug's role with the Herd. What is his official title? I didn't think it was "commentator".

I must have really misunderstood Doug's role with the Herd. What is his official title? I didn't think it was "commentator".
TITLE Senior Analyst/Director of Player Development
Well at least it’s in his background

He was in West Palm Beach, Florida for five years where he helped launch Sinclair Broadcast Group’s American Sports Network as an on-air host and Client Relations Manager. Prior to Florida, Chapman served as College Football analyst and Business Development Manager for Stadium Sports a digital sports network based in Chicago, Illinois.

Chapman was an on-air host and college football analyst with ESPN, CBS and the Big Ten Network for nearly a decade. He also spent 2010 on staff at Georgia Tech as an Academic Advisor for the football program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT