ADVERTISEMENT

Ali

Speculations are not good for anyone only the truth will due so,let’s just support next up which is the case here so Go Herd beat ND.

TITLE Senior Analyst/Director of Player Development
Well at least it’s in his background

He was in West Palm Beach, Florida for five years where he helped launch Sinclair Broadcast Group’s American Sports Network as an on-air host and Client Relations Manager. Prior to Florida, Chapman served as College Football analyst and Business Development Manager for Stadium Sports a digital sports network based in Chicago, Illinois.

Chapman was an on-air host and college football analyst with ESPN, CBS and the Big Ten Network for nearly a decade. He also spent 2010 on staff at Georgia Tech as an Academic Advisor for the football program.
Thank you Sluggo. I knew he had worked with ESPN, but I didn't realize how instrumental he was launching ASN. I thought he was in more of a coaching role, but he seems to be right at home where he is.

I thought he did a fantastic job on the broadcast and I liked the way he corrected the other guy on mispronunciations without correcting him, you know? Doug is top shelf!

Doug did a good job. He was funny, dropped in Marshall info/stories when appropriate but didn't sound like a homer... The play by play guy sounded like they handed him a gameday program and a roster about 15 mins before kickoff and told him to figure it out. He was mostly alright, but there were definitely times he didn't have the correct information about the university/conference/etc.

Last edited:
Doug did a good job. He was funny, dropped in Marshall info/stories when appropriate but didn't sound like a homer... The play by play guy sounded like they handed him a gameday program and a roster about 15 mins before kickoff and told him to figure it out. He was mostly alright, but there were definitely times he didn't have the correct information about the university/conference/etc.
The guy calling the game sounded like a cheap imitation of Harry Kari. He just sounded like he was trying too hard to have that "announcers voice".

Reactions: RhinoD
Well, there doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to comment further on Ali?

From two separate sources of mine, who do not know one another, their words are almost the same.

Ali is injured. He has a leg injury of some kind. What kind? Don't know. Maybe moron Chuck Landon can make up an injury like a fractured Achilles or something.

Anyways, he is out for a bit. However, he will be back for at least half of the season...which does include some potentially big SBC games.

Apparently he is contemplating sitting out entirely, healing up and going for the combine.
The other part, is he could come back, play a bit, and potentially raise his stock but risk injury again.

Hence, why Huff said what he said. Ali is likely weighing what options are best for he and his family...and really, nobody can control that.
Also, Huff isn't going to announce Ali out for the season or good to play and risk having Ali reverse his decision. All you wannabe coaches would lose your minds and scream like Screech Owls, "Huff has lost this team! Oh God no!!!"
The speech coaches on here would do well to stop jumping the gun before all news gets cleared up...if in fact, this is the case.

The guy calling the game sounded like a cheap imitation of Harry Kari. He just sounded like he was trying too hard to have that "announcers voice"
That is his natural voice. One of his previous jobs was the Radio voice of Eastern Michigan Men's and Women's basketball and Baseball. His name is Chad Bush. @Bushleague22 on twitter. I got to know him when my son worked at Eastern.

Well, there doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to comment further on Ali?

From two separate sources of mine, who do not know one another, their words are almost the same.

Ali is injured. He has a leg injury of some kind. What kind? Don't know. Maybe moron Chuck Landon can make up an injury like a fractured Achilles or something.

Anyways, he is out for a bit. However, he will be back for at least half of the season...which does include some potentially big SBC games.

Apparently he is contemplating sitting out entirely, healing up and going for the combine.
The other part, is he could come back, play a bit, and potentially raise his stock but risk injury again.

Hence, why Huff said what he said. Ali is likely weighing what options are best for he and his family...and really, nobody can control that.
Also, Huff isn't going to announce Ali out for the season or good to play and risk having Ali reverse his decision. All you wannabe coaches would lose your minds and scream like Screech Owls, "Huff has lost this team! Oh God no!!!"
The speech coaches on here would do well to stop jumping the gun before all news gets cleared up...if in fact, this is the case.
No one is jumping the gun on anything. Marshall and Huff put out three different statements in a 36 hour period. All they needed to say was that he was hurt, he's taking care of it, and we hope to have him back soon. That's it. Not a long paragraph about him being mentally ready and he and his family doing what's best.

The Athletic Department's PR department once again stoked the fire.

He seems like a smart kid... Go through the rehab, get feeling up to snuff, and then figure out if coming back for 5-6 games is the best move for him personally.

Team success may determine the outcome... If we are say, 4-1 and he is ready to come back, it may be advantageous for him personally to do so... If we are say, 2-3 and he is ready to come back, it may not make sense to do so and risk getting hurt.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
He seems like a smart kid... Go through the rehab, get feeling up to snuff, and then figure out if coming back for 5-6 games is the best move for him personally.

Team success may determine the outcome... If we are say, 4-1 and he is ready to come back, it may be advantageous for him personally to do so... If we are say, 2-3 and he is ready to come back, it may not make sense to do so and risk getting hurt.
He hasn’t played the level of competition that has warranted him leaving early for the draft. He’s a stud, but so was Cain Madden when he was here. He needs some reps to show he’s healthy and wasn’t a flash in the pan last season.

Team success may determine the outcome...
I was thinking the same thing. If the OL doesn't continue to improve and we're faltering down the stretch is it really worth it. It's easy for us fans to say it is, but none of us have millions within our reach. I think someone had posted that even after the injury was announced he was still rated as the 5th best back in the draft.

He hasn’t played the level of competition that has warranted him leaving early for the draft. He’s a stud, but so was Cain Madden when he was here. He needs some reps to show he’s healthy and wasn’t a flash in the pan last season.
While I agree with you, that is easy for guys like us to say... By this point in his college career he has some understanding of where he fits in the landscape of NFL prospects.

If he is relatively sure he will be drafted next April regardless of wether he plays at all or not this year, then it comes down to risk assessment. Is it worth the risk of coming back for half a season, and that may depend on where we stand as a team.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If he found a gameday program and roster, he did one heck of a lot better than I did. I found neither.

Reactions: sluggo72
If he found a gameday program and roster, he did one heck of a lot better than I did. I found neither.
Me too!! And w this years team one needs something!! Took me forever to find out who the LT was!! He towers over even the big guys !!

Me too!! And w this years team one needs something!! Took me forever to find out who the LT was!! He towers over even the big guys !!
Two different guy a few rows in front of me had them, but I didn’t see one, prolly shoulda asked

Reactions: sluggo72
Wrong. The university as a whole wound fall under ferpa but the athletic training side of things absolutely falls under hipaa
Not exactly.

A college, university, or high school, then, is not automatically a covered entity simply because it has an athletic trainer on staff. Only if the athletic trainer bills the student-athlete or the student-athlete’s insurance plan for outside treatment may the institution become a covered entity.

https://thesportjournal.org/article/the-impact-of-the-hipaa-privacy-rule-on-collegiate-sport-professionals/#:~:text=A college, university, or high,institution become a covered entity.

How’d leaving early pan out for every MU RB not named Bradshaw over the past 20 years?
None of which were rated as highly as Ali. Not saying he should leave, but guys like Marshall and Knox weren't highly regarded pro prospects. Ali is.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
He’s had one year of production against C-USA competition. Now he’s injured. NFL teams will want/need to see more. A draft pick is a huge investment. Doing drills after injury and playing after injury are two entirely different things. If anyone is encouraging him to go pro now, they are only hurting him. G5 players face an uphill battle as is. This isn’t a 5 star RB at Alabama that got hurt.

None of which were rated as highly as Ali. Not saying he should leave, but guys like Marshall and Knox weren't highly regarded pro prospects. Ali is.
Knox was the better of the two and at least got his chance to showcase his talent. Just wasn’t enough to make a roster. I think it would be better for Ali to stay put especially if he doesn’t play at all this year.

Not exactly.

A college, university, or high school, then, is not automatically a covered entity simply because it has an athletic trainer on staff. Only if the athletic trainer bills the student-athlete or the student-athlete’s insurance plan for outside treatment may the institution become a covered entity.

https://thesportjournal.org/article/the-impact-of-the-hipaa-privacy-rule-on-collegiate-sport-professionals/#:~:text=A college, university, or high,institution become a covered entity.
As an athletic trainer that has never billed insurance I can absolutely say we are covered by hipaa laws. Ferpa becomes an issue when medical issue is shared amongst coaches professors etc.

As an athletic trainer that has never billed insurance I can absolutely say we are covered by hipaa laws. Ferpa becomes an issue when medical issue is shared amongst coaches professors etc.

Your organization may indeed act in way that eliminates any risk of HIPAA, but the law is, as I linked. Marshall appears to be acting the same way. Only the physicians and medical facilities providing the care of the players fall under HIPAA. A coach disclosing an injury of player to the media does not.

Your organization may indeed act in way that eliminates any risk of HIPAA, but the law is, as I linked. Marshall appears to be acting the same way. Only the physicians and medical facilities providing the care of the players fall under HIPAA. A coach disclosing an injury of player to the media does not.
Got ha misunderstood what your argument was. Health information is still protected info and can be shared with involved parties, the public isn’t an involved party.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Not according to an ESPN draft analyst:

Yep.

Todd McShay has Ali as his 5th best RB and 50th prospect OVERALL in the 2023 draft.

Yep.

Todd McShay has Ali as his 5th best RB and 50th prospect OVERALL in the 2023 draft.

That’s a month ago and Ali has been hurt and ruled out since. RB’s haven’t been drafted like they used to be in recent years.

Reactions: Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT