ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Doc

I mean, it is what it is man. It’s an opinion.

You don’t have to like it, but that’s how I see it.
I disagree. A person doesn’t have to have season tickets to be a “fan”. That is about the silliest thing I have heard...and I have season tickets. I have had them around 16 or 17 years but I know plenty that don’t but are big fans. Plenty are former players so if that is your opinion then you are taking a shot at former players.

There are many ways people can be fans. I would never be critical of someone that is a fan yet they don’t have season tickets because they live hours away from Huntington. There is a chance I will give mine up in a couple years as my son gets into fall sports more full time. That is more important and I can’t justify the expense when not using the tickets. If that makes me less than a fan then so be it. I would assume the begging people to join the Big Green that I do as a part of the Big Green would be worthless as I wouldn’t be a fan anymore without season tickets.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I disagree. A person doesn’t have to have season tickets to be a “fan”.

I said it marks one of the boxes.

You don’t have to mark all the boxes to be a fan, but you at least need to mark a couple I think.

- Season tickets

- Donor

- Make a conscious effort to attend as many games as possible

- Attend university functions

Things of that nature.

I said it marks one of the boxes.

You don’t have to mark all the boxes to be a fan, but you at least need to mark a couple I think.

- Season tickets

- Donor

- Make a conscious effort to attend as many games as possible

- Attend university functions

Things of that nature.
You forgot blind loyalty and no ability to be critical and have high expectations

It marks one of the boxes.
That's like continuing to give a trouble child money. Why throw good at bad? The only thing Mike Hamrick and Jerom Gilbert and the Board of Regents are going to understand is money and when it dries up.

That is usually what makes any business, organization, entity is money not coming in.

Frankly, Mike Hamrick's handling of this borders on ineptness and nepotism and inability to do his job. Ohh het might have a new baseball stadium, but too bad hiring his buddy and handing out contract extensions have supported mediocrity and the dismantling of the face of the university, the football program.

I am not sending them any money right now and why should I? Why throw good at bad? Hit em where it hurts. The pocketbook.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Every Monday USA Today posts "totally delusional and certified real" posts from college message boards around the country. We have plenty of candidates from the delusional posts above.

Not really. There’s maybe a handful of people on this board that can actually analyze plays or understand the methods/tendencies of Doc or any other coach.

Those guys have forgotten more football than anyone on this board will ever know. I’m not happy about losing today, but I’m not going act like I have the answers either. I’ve played/watched enough sports in my day to know that shit happens.
But when it turns into diaherria you need to prescribe an antidote.

I just wish we would win something. At my age, "wait until next year" is less and less certain. I would like to see a football championship again before I croak. Go soccer!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT