ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Marshall vs Kent State

Chase needs help from his WRs, whom were supposed to be the strength of this team.

If we lose, and that is still a very big if, we may be looking at a 6-7 win football team. And that is completely unacceptable in C-USA this year.

Not with this talent against this level of competition and this schedule.

I think Litton has looked ok. He needs some help. The Kent D is legit as well. Their DBs are impressive.

Can't argue with that, but if the receivers can't catch the ball I guess it matters not whether the pass hits you in hands or feet.

Reactions: herdftblfan
Receivers have dropped balls, but they don't seem to be getting much separation. With all of the skills and speed they're supposed to have, I feel like we should have somebody open in the 3 wr sets.

Reactions: sportsphantom1
The O line has done a good job at protecting Litton but they are not opening up very many holes for the running backs.

3 and out is brutal.

I mean don't run the bubble screens you ran every play 2 years ago Legg once to help a young QB.

Don't run a screen.

Don't run a QB keeper or any play like a jet sweep or reverse to use our speed.

Our coaches other than Heater suck!

I feel bad for Litton. He's getting zero help from his team. He's getting zero help from his coaches.

If this isn't showing the true colors of Legg, then I don't know what will. We needed a change 2-3 years ago. He blows.

He runs 4 plays. Last year it was all nine routes.

If we go down by 2 TDs, then it's game over.

Reactions: bangtheherd
It's going to be a looooooooong year.

Hey! Only 3 more years until Litton can make Legg look like a genius again!

I'm ok with losing. It will happen. I'm not Ok with incompetency from coaches, which has been the case for this team for years. From Doc to Legg to many others during Doc's reign.

I'm fine keeping the ultra-conservative Doc because he's a fantastic recruiter and that matters. However, he needs a new offensive coordinator.

I love Heater.

There doesn't seem to be any leaders on this years team.

That literally has zero to do with it. And they do!

Van Horn, Rockhead, McKelvey, Hunter all fine leaders.

Our problem is we lost our best player is hurt and we can't win in spite of inadequate coaches any longer.

This game is over by the way folks. We have zero chance. We may score to make it interesting, but we aren't scoring 2 TDs and holding them down the rest of the way.

Lang played great against purdue but he has been out of position today. I know he hot caught up this time but he still had a ton of space to cover to get there period. If only heater knew how to use leggett lol jk but we could definitely use him somewhere on defense

This game is over by the way folks. We have zero chance. We may score to make it interesting, but we aren't scoring 2 TDs and holding them down the rest of the way.
lee-corso1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT