ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Marshall vs Ohio

No flow to this game at all. Just absolutely brutally officiated game.
They've completely taken control of this game.

We are in trouble if Bird can't get his crap together this next drive.

We put up 700+ yards on these fools last year.

There is no rythem to the offense. A flag every 3 plays. Hard to sustain drives that way.

I don't want to be "that guy" but I'm so over Birdsong. Maybe I'm still hungover from last year but he's wearing me out. Reminds me of Brian Anderson. Seems so close to having everything together but seems to be missing that final thing to complete his game.

I've never seen anything like this. Every offensive drive is affected with a 10 or 15 yd penalty by us. That was warranted.

The officials wanted to be part of the game. Plan and simple. They're not allowing football to happen. Holding happens every single play, pushing and shoving after the whistle happens every play. It's clear cut bias toward Ohio.

Davonte Allen was literally held unable to make a play on the ball because of it.

Penalties have been warranted, but many haven't. The game also hasn't been consistently called.
It's been terrible.

I don't want to be "that guy" but I'm so over Birdsong. Maybe I'm still hungover from last year but he's wearing me out. Reminds me of Brian Anderson. Seems so close to having everything together but seems to be missing that final thing to complete his game.

The thing we miss from the Cato years is his playmaking ability. I have yet to see ANY sign, whatsoever, of even 1/10th of this ability in Bird. Could be wrong. Hope I am.

He looked bad at times last week and he looks bad so far this week. Then again the O line has looked pretty bad this game too so its not all on Birdsong

Reactions: MU ATO
The officials wanted to be part of the game. Plan and simple. They're not allowing football to happen. Holding happens every single play, pushing and shoving after the whistle happens every play. It's clear cut bias toward Ohio.

This. So much this.

Davonte Allen 15 yarder..warranted. Half of the holdings, have been terrible. The non-call's, have been terrible.

We are getting destroyed on slants and crosses across the middle...as we were when we got our asses handed to us up there the last time.

There's no bias Celt, the penalties have been legit and so is Ohios game plan. Our d line is small and they're pushing us down the field. Birdsong is not much of a QB IMHO either

Reactions: Meadowsja
This. So much this.

Davonte Allen 15 yarder..warranted. Half of the holdings, have been terrible. The non-call's, have been terrible.

Doesn't matter have to rise above and be better at things you can control.

Agree. It looks like he picks his receiver presnap and is dead set on him. He's staring them down for a good 3-4 seconds before throwing the ball. The safeties are just eating his game up.

Reactions: MU ATO
I know the penalties are killing us but we look terrible all the way around. I'm wondering if the penalties are keeping us from getting into a decent rythum? I hope Doc can make some big adjustments at half-time. GO HERD!

as bad as we played still only down 7 with the ball coming out at the half. Lets see what this team is really made of, not as easy to come back on the road as it is at home in front of a packed house.

Reactions: RhinoD
Agree. It looks like he picks his receiver presnap and is dead set on him. He's staring them down for a good 3-4 seconds before throwing the ball. The safeties are just eating his game up.

On the int he looked at the receiver the whole time. You just cant play like that or you are going to get burned.

i hate to say it but id like to see gunnar if we go another drive without points...Birdsong stares down one wideout we need a spark

Great point... We are lucky to only be down 14-7. It could easily be 24-7 right now.

Birdsong doesn't read the defense and he isn't doing a good job with the read option either. If you hand it off every time, it isnt an option, its a slow play in your own backfield.

The defense is going to have to steal us another game tonight if we are going to win.

I know the penalties are killing us but we look terrible all the way around. I'm wondering if the penalties are keeping us from getting into a decent rythum? I hope Doc can make some big adjustments at half-time. GO HERD!

On offense, you certainly cant keep having 1st and 20s and expect you are going to have success especially with the Ohio defense keying in on Johnson forcing Birdsong to make plays in the passing game when Birdsong is struggling.

At this point the refs have thrown for more yards than Birdsong.

14-7 half not bad considering we look hung over from Sunday.Birdsong looks afraid to go down the field.Everything going against Herd.

We are just are unprepared and undisciplined. Happens every time we go to Ohio.

We are destroying all momentum of last week.

Ohio is more physical than Purdue was. I don't think we are handling it well.

3rd and 3 and instead of giving the ball to DJ we have Birdsong throw it and are lucky it wasnt intercepted. Good play call

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT