ADVERTISEMENT

I am herdman

They need to learn to budget

Not as long as these sackless parents just hand them everything. It's no wonder this country's gone liberal though. Hell, if you have everything just handed to you then what do you care about the value of a dollar?

They can sit in their little commune and think of how wonderful it is to force us shit sloggers out here to pay for bums to sit around listening to Snoop Dogg and eating Reese's ice cream bars all day while I buy the damn Kroger brand.

And once you're this age, your habits are set in stone. I'm always going to be a grumpy ass cheapskate and these moochers will always be bums. Wait until the parents die and the inheritance is spent. Then it'll be time to milk and game the social security and disability system.

My parents never handed me anything since I was 18, what the hell are you talking about

While I pay my fair share in bills and groceries. I guess that's handing me a place to stay?? Do you even have kids of your own??

Yes it is handing you a place to stay. I have no kids. They're a waste of money. But if I ever made the mistake of having them, they would probably leave home before they even turned 18. There would be mutual hatred. We'd probably have a shoot out.

While I pay my fair share in bills and groceries. I guess that's handing me a place to stay?? Do you even have kids of your own??

if you had your own place, you would be paying for more than your "fair share" of bills and groceries. you would be paying for all of them. then, much more than that, you would actually be paying for the apartment. so, yes, that is "handing you a place to stay." take advantage of it.

hopefully, you arent spending that extra money on weed for yourself and tacos for your girlfriend, assuming her parents allow her to eat tacos and your parents allow you to have dinner with her.

She hates American style tacos, she says they are fake and not real Mexican food. Im actually going to the Gold Cup games with her and her family this week. You can follow me on instagram @inked_jamaican and look at my pictures since your so worried about my every day life with my girl

Well she is in our country she should learn to like American tacos. I see plenty of Mexicans at taco bell.

Well she is in our country she should learn to like American tacos.

Yeah, but she is also in Mexico and Canada at the same time she is in the U.S.

. You can follow me on instagram @inked_jamaican rl

Now, I feel like more of a prick. I knew you were slow, but didn't know you were special.

And your girl is cool with you having recent pics with another girl all over your page?

What recent pics of other girls??? You're too funny

Earlier, you said you had a hot piece of Mexican ass that you tapped each night.

But, on your page, you have a ton of pics of some other Mexican girl.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

He has only ever seen a nipple once in his life...

Yet still was able to move out at 24, which hell that's pretty damn pitiful. I was a worthless piece of shit bum for way longer than I should have been. Well, like I said I used to drive around with a high powered rifle in the trunk thinking about blowing my head off with it.

Now, life is just too stupid to kill myself over. That and I've lost the sense of urgency I used to have to end it. This was always the time of year for it, too. This year, nothing. Clearly past my prime. Hell, I might as well quit my job and move back in with my parents now.

Yet still was able to move out at 24, which hell that's pretty damn pitiful. I was a worthless piece of shit bum for way longer than I should have been. Well, like I said I used to drive around with a high powered rifle in the trunk thinking about blowing my head off with it.

Now, life is just too stupid to kill myself over. That and I've lost the sense of urgency I used to have to end it. This was always the time of year for it, too. This year, nothing. Clearly past my prime. Hell, I might as well quit my job and move back in with my parents now.
With as much shit as I have given you, I am happy that you never pulled the trigger.

I will be when football season's back. Right now though, I am not. I just can't understand anybody who can't make it in this country though.

Every morning, I look in the mirror at someone woefully ill equipped to succeed in this society. All I have is rote memorization and routines. That's it. No social skills. When people get too close, it freaks me out. Can't have friends or family. Can't really stand to be in the physical presence of most people.

If everybody else lived up to half of their potential, they would kick my ass 100-0. 3 year old kids are better equipped to socialize.

With today's money, that car costs the equivalent of $20,000 and the payment would be $563.00. And that $100 to "live on" would be a little over $200.00. The average new car payment was $482 ( a record high) per month in the 4th quarter of 2014, which means you were paying the equivalent of $80 per month more than the average. I don't accept that you were "living poor".

Extra, you're trying too hard on this. A 1987 Ford EXP is the equivalent of a 2015 Ford Focus, which cost $17,000. My payment was based on a 60 month loan. The same loan today is at a much more attractive rate. The payment on $17,000 is $305. When I bought that car Prime was at 9.25%. And yes, the $100 could well be $200 today, but then again the purchasing power is about the same.

I've told the story before, my dad was killed in an accident when I was 4, he was a truck driver. My mother raised 2 kids on $660 a month in social security survivor benefits. I paid for every penny of my own college education, went to Morehead State because they offered in state tuition for southern Ohio kids, graduated with $7,500 in student loan debt ($91 a month payment, but I paid it off early). Worked every summer, Christmas break and spring break plus the work study program during the school year.

If you want the full budget, I took a job as a trainee at a commercial real estate appraisal firm out of school. They paid me $200 a week as an independent contractor while I trained the first year. My rent was $289 for a slightly above slum level apartment in southern Indiana behind the Greentree Mall (that's for Raoul if he wants to drive by, it was called Courtyard Square back then), my car payment was the aforementioned $269, student loan was $91, payment on my tv I had to finance was $13, car insurance was $103 a month. If you are keeping track, that's about $760. Utilities were about $50 if I kept the thermostat right, didn't run the air in the summer, kept the heat on 60 in the winter. I budgeted $20 a week for food.

I know you don't want to believe this, but that doesn't make it any less true. It goes against your belief that nobody can make something of themselves without some kind of advantage. I will admit that my second year out of school my mom bought new bedroom furniture and gave me her old stuff. That's probably what got me over the hump.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
A physically, mentally capable individual having to live with their parents at 29 years old = failed parenting. I would be embarrassed as a parent knowing my kid wasn't taught the skills, knowledge, decision making capacity in order to make it on their own before 29. Enough money to buy weed, but not enough to pay rent = loser. Fever sounds like he is still in high school.

#1 Responsibility of a parent is to raise their kid to be an independent, responsible, productive, self sufficient adult long before 30. Hell, 29 is embarrassing.

Last edited:
That's some funny math you have going there. You say you were making $200 per week ($10,400 per year), yet your expenses were $895 per month ($10,740 per year). So now you're $340 per year in the hole and you haven't accounted for the fact that you had to pay taxes on those wages, didn't account for fuel money for the new car, didn't buy anyone a Christmas gift, didn't take a girl on a date, didn't purchase a single article of clothing, etc. In other words your expenses were more than your income and lived like scrooge x 2. All else aside, you were making 75% of the median U S personal income your first year out of college.

Extra...you're just being obtuse on this one. Banker came from a situation with his father being killed at a young age and his mother raising him on a limited income. If someone else came from that same situation and ended up on welfare when he grew up, you would likely be challanging Banker if he called him lazy and saying that the person was a victim of his circumstances. Yet, since Banker is your ideological enemy, you bog yourself down in financial semantics in order to not give him any credit.

Have people had worst situations than Banker? Sure. But I guarantee you that the majority of people placed in a similar situation would not have had the same success that Banker has enjoyed. That is something that should be commended even if it doesn't fit your ideological agenda.

This thread is a perfect example why I hate politics and refuse to allow myself to be categorized ideologically. It forces you to filter the facts of the world to fit your preconceived agenda. It creates intellectual dishonesty. Banker...that's a really good story. (I must of missed the story about your father.) You should be proud of your accomplishments.

A physically, mentally capable individual having to live with their parents at 29 years old = failed parenting. I would be embarrassed as a parent knowing my kid wasn't taught the skills, knowledge, decision making capacity in order to make it on their own before 29. Enough money to buy weed, but not enough to pay rent = loser. Fever sounds like he is still in high school.

#1 Responsibility of a parent is to raise their kid to be an independent, responsible, productive, self sufficient adult long before 30. Hell, 29 is embarrassing.

Failed parenting??

Let's see Mom moves from Jamaica to America a year later she had me. Goes to school achieves her Bachelors then first Masters while pregnant with my brother. Raises 2 boys as a single parent because dead beat father ups and leaves us. Move to NY to work at the NY stock exchange and then FINRA to become a federal regulator. Achieves a second masters while still being a single parent homeowner on LI. Both sons are college graduates now themselves. Moves me back in so I can save money towards buying my own piece of property in a few years instead of renting and just throwing money away. So where is the failed parenting?? Like I said lived on my own in 2 states from 18-28. Lived in a shitty basement apartment in a house I shared with 6 other people the last 3 years while working, paying bills and rent, car note and own car insurance, and paying off student loans. I guess I'm not responsible ****ing idiot. Also I was living in my own apartment paying rent from 20-25 in WV. So please don't try and lecture me on failed parenting when I know for a fact you didn't go through half as much shit my mother has since she was 21 when she first came to this country on a working Visa from Jamaica

And might I add my mom was able to raise us on no child support and no government assistance. So before you judge someone upbringing, know their situation first. Not everyone is privileged or finds financial success right after college.

This is really a hell of a story now.

This is the way to go. Force your idiotic parents to grow a pair or make them pay. I like it. If the stupid asses want to spoil you, go ahead and let 'em. Hell, I'm jealous of it really. My parents didn't have shit worth pushing them around for though. I probably could have done it.

My mom calls all the time and I tell her some pretty awful things, but she's stupid enough to keep calling. Told her I'm not paying for the funeral, told her I didn't like her, called her a bum, cussed her out a few times. She keeps calling back. What an idiot. If she had a palace for me to stay in, I'd barge right in and do it. Why the hell not?

Stick it to 'em until they threaten to call the cops on you.

I can't imagine treating your parents like that Walden even if they haven't been perfect. My dad has been gone almost a year now and I miss him every single day of my life.

Failed parenting??

Let's see Mom moves from Jamaica to America a year later she had me. Goes to school achieves her Bachelors then first Masters while pregnant with my brother. Raises 2 boys as a single parent because dead beat father ups and leaves us. Move to NY to work at the NY stock exchange and then FINRA to become a federal regulator. Achieves a second masters while still being a single parent homeowner on LI. Both sons are college graduates now themselves. Moves me back in so I can save money towards buying my own piece of property in a few years instead of renting and just throwing money away. So where is the failed parenting?? Like I said lived on my own in 2 states from 18-28. Lived in a shitty basement apartment in a house I shared with 6 other people the last 3 years while working, paying bills and rent, car note and own car insurance, and paying off student loans. I guess I'm not responsible ****ing idiot. Also I was living in my own apartment paying rent from 20-25 in WV. So please don't try and lecture me on failed parenting when I know for a fact you didn't go through half as much shit my mother has since she was 21 when she first came to this country on a working Visa from Jamaica

That's a great story about your mother and her ability to over come adversity in order to provide you opportunities as a child and young person. Unfortunately at 29 you really are not a child any more. Good to also know you don't seem to have the same abilities she had to provide for herself when no one else would. You have more education and opportunity now than she did when she got here.

All the more reason you both should be embarrassed. A college education and living in your moms basement. FAIL. maybe you can fire another doobie up tonight in honor of her hard work which seems to have created a mooch.

Last edited:
Extra...you're just being obtuse on this one. Banker came from a situation with his father being killed at a young age and his mother raising him on a limited income. If someone else came from that same situation and ended up on welfare when he grew up, you would likely be challanging Banker if he called him lazy and saying that the person was a victim of his circumstances. Yet, since Banker is your ideological enemy, you bog yourself down in financial semantics in order to not give him any credit.

Have people had worst situations than Banker? Sure. But I guarantee you that the majority of people placed in a similar situation would not have had the same success that Banker has enjoyed. That is something that should be commended even if it doesn't fit your ideological agenda.

This thread is a perfect example why I hate politics and refuse to allow myself to be categorized ideologically. It forces you to filter the facts of the world to fit your preconceived agenda. It creates intellectual dishonesty. Banker...that's a really good story. (I must of missed the story about your father.) You should be proud of your accomplishments.

No, I understand quite well that Banker's story about "living poor" is not the whole story. You're not living poor if you purchase a new car upon graduation from college which monthly payments amount to $565, rent that amounts to $607, and car insurance that amounts to $216 in today's money. If his expenses are what he says they are, then the first year out of college he was making real close to the median individual income in the U S.

I can't imagine treating your parents like that Walden even if they haven't been perfect.

LOL, haven't been perfect.

How about if they were the most evil people you ever knew? At least I didn't go making six kids to hand over to somebody else. Handed them all over and now wants to call and whine? Pretty damn convenient now. And way too late. Not only that, but I tried for a while to believe her apologies. Then, the money asks started. Then, I stopped believing.

If you've got the audacity to hand over all six kids then turn around 20 years later asking them for money, what the hell do you expect?

The median income in 1988 was just over $25,000. I actually made just over $12,000 in 1988. Earned a little extra by taking on some side projects, which I could because I was classified as an independent contractor.

As far as taxes, that was a whole nother story. I didn't realize that being classified as an independent contractor I was responsible to pay 100% of my SS tax. Ended up getting audited two years later and getting hit with a pretty good penalty and interest. I went to the company owner and told him that after researching it, I didn't believe I met the definition of an independent contractor. They required me to be at work at 8, work to at least 5 and provided me office space and work materials. Told him he could cut me a check for half of my irs hit or I would ask the irs to determine if I, and several other employees were truly independent. He agreed to cut me a check. That was a good lesson about taxes and why I still prepare all my own returns and stay current on tax code changes.

The median income in 1988 was just over $25,000. I actually made just over $12,000 in 1988. Earned a little extra by taking on some side projects, which I could because I was classified as an independent contractor.

As far as taxes, that was a whole nother story. I didn't realize that being classified as an independent contractor I was responsible to pay 100% of my SS tax. Ended up getting audited two years later and getting hit with a pretty good penalty and interest. I went to the company owner and told him that after researching it, I didn't believe I met the definition of an independent contractor. They required me to be at work at 8, work to at least 5 and provided me office space and work materials. Told him he could cut me a check for half of my irs hit or I would ask the irs to determine if I, and several other employees were truly independent. He agreed to cut me a check. That was a good lesson about taxes and why I still prepare all my own returns and stay current on tax code changes.

The median HOUSEHOLD income was appx. $25,000 in 1988.
Your $12,000 had the same purchasing power as $25,000 in today's dollars. That equals $12 per hour in todays wages. While not a lot of money, you were not living poor.

The median HOUSEHOLD income was appx. $25,000 in 1988.
Your $12,000 had the same purchasing power as $25,000 in today's dollars. That equals $12 per hour in todays wages. While not a lot of money, you were not living poor.

You have bee ruining threads since 1988. The point is 29 year old men should not be living at home.

The kids are tougher than the parents now. More cutthroat.

Staying home to "save money to buy my own place." LOL, how about that? All the while, living it up under mommy and daddy's roof. They could save on their own if they didn't need all those fancy things like $500 cell phones, Nikes, mall clothes, etc.

But the parents are soft enough to allow it. I sure as hell wouldn't be and that's why if I had a kid, we would be shooting it out. Especially if it was a girl. She would bring home Shaquille O'Neal or Rosie O'Donnell and that would be it.

My father actually pushed for me to move home to save money to buy my own place. I do not own a smart phone as I still use my ENVY 3 from 2009, do not use Nike's, do not wear expensive clothes, etc.

Well, this is what you get when you end up going to college in Hee Haw. The poor hicks were raised tough, spit upon and shit upon. These New Yorkers and out of staters kind of got an easier deal, came from something already. A lot of us hicks came from the poor house.

The old man himself wasn't poor, but he always worried about money. His old man was poor. Mined coal, couldn't read. Bitched about a 5 dollar electric bill and signed his name X since he couldn't write it out. Brought in an even poorer woman from Kentucky who would fix up and eat anything. Squirrels, bluegill caught out of the creek, etc.

On my mom's side was a bunch of thieves, idiots and borderline retards. Ate bologna sandwiches and had roaches everywhere.

Just a different culture. That's all. And if you're lucky enough to get out of it, you're exiled for good.

You have bee ruining threads since 1988. The point is 29 year old men should not be living at home.

It's your opinion as to when people should not be living at home. On average, parents that were polled said 5 years after finishing college was enough. So on average, parents are not determining what AGE their children should move out, but when they've accomplished a particular goal.

Well, this is what you get when you end up going to college in Hee Haw. The poor hicks were raised tough, spit upon and shit upon. These New Yorkers and out of staters kind of got an easier deal, came from something already. A lot of us hicks came from the poor house.

The old man himself wasn't poor, but he always worried about money. His old man was poor. Mined coal, couldn't read. Bitched about a 5 dollar electric bill and signed his name X since he couldn't write it out. Brought in an even poorer woman from Kentucky who would fix up and eat anything. Squirrels, bluegill caught out of the creek, etc.

On my mom's side was a bunch of thieves, idiots and borderline retards. Ate bologna sandwiches and had roaches everywhere.

Just a different culture. That's all. And if you're lucky enough to get out of it, you're exiled for good.

There is truth to that. When the economy went to shi*, people where I work were in a panic and going OMG we have to cut back. I was like wow...this guy went from making big bucks to slightly less big buck and is a panic.

Coming from Hee Haw I was like whatever, I can live on next to nothing and live in Clayton 14 x 70 if I had to. I can eat spahgettios and bologna for a year. All the guys from WV were like damn what are they whining about.

It's your opinion as to when people should not be living at home. On average, parents that were polled said 5 years after finishing college was enough. So on average, parents are not determining what AGE their children should move out, but when they've accomplished a particular goal.

Well, that poll is probably right. That is because we have a nation of soft flower children.

That equals $12 per hour in todays wages. While not a lot of money, you were not living poor.

This belief allows Greed to feel good about paying his staff peanuts. Now that we know Greed doesn't believe $12/hr = "poor", we can all go back to ignoring him full time.

Hey Fever. Do you make more than $12/hr?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT