ADVERTISEMENT

Is spears fixing things that don’t need fixed?? Fires track coach

here's my stance, Spears could have done this differently. He didnt have to just say 'you're fired', which is what he did. He could have figured out a way to have him exit gracefully. No matter what he did or didnt do, he still put 30 yrs in at MU, and never caused them any embarrassment. You think they could have come up with something better for him and Marshall.
Its kinda like putting a Green Jacket in a Dollar store bag.
and Thank you BTW.
And that is the irony of all of your posting. NOBODY would of known Small was fired, except you have spent almost a 100 post on this board and the other complaining about it.

Reactions: mufan08
And that is the irony of all of your posting. NOBODY would of known Small was fired, except you have spent almost a 100 post on this board and the other complaining about it.
not true, anybody with any sense, and could read the press release knew he had been fired. From the wording how could you not?
I may be the only one on Herdnatiion, but there are other outlets, they know Lawyer Spears is a bad person, they can see what is coming.

what's Hamrick's behavior have to do this? who is she?
Because you’ve spent 100 posts bitching about spears’ behavior. Hamrick acted like a hurt ex girlfriend but you were silent. And she autocorrected from age. So I’ll ask again did coach small tell you directly he was fired since you said first hand account, it would either have to be him or spears and was age mentioned since you brought up age discrimination

I don't think Coach Small is too keen on protected groups of people; however, he could easily change his mind if he suddenly feels the need to pull the victim card.

• Haha
Reactions: raleighherdfan
Because you’ve spent 100 posts bitching about spears’ behavior. Hamrick acted like a hurt ex girlfriend but you were silent. And she autocorrected from age. So I’ll ask again did coach small tell you directly he was fired since you said first hand account, it would either have to be him or spears and was age mentioned since you brought up age discrimination
Age was brought up? that is my idea. Coaches don’t like to file suits makes them toxic for their next job. But when you are closer to the end than the beginning, things could change
I don’t care what bag a shirt comes from. It didn’t effect his pay or his livelihood
Maybe MU should put Carson on retainer

You were in the meeting?
No, of course sluggo72 wasn’t in the room when the firing was accomplished, has no earthly idea what was said, and seems to be irrevocably distressed by our 2nd year AD.
Tell ya what ‘72 - when Spears accepts our award for best overall athletics program in the SBC, something MU has never achieved in 186 years, maybe you will reconsider.
Also - Kim Stephens-Caldwell will win 22+ games right outta the box…

So he’s out whining and stirring shit. Yeah. Maybe he should have been tossed.
He wasn’t out whining or stirring shit I asked him a question, he answered honestly. His runners called, he answered. FTR you won’t find him out
I will continue to stir the shit. Lawyer Spears deserves it

No, of course sluggo72 wasn’t in the room when the firing was accomplished, has no earthly idea what was said, and seems to be irrevocably distressed by our 2nd year AD.
Tell ya what ‘72 - when Spears accepts our award for best overall athletics program in the SBC, something MU has never achieved in 186 years, maybe you will reconsider.
Also - Kim Stephens-Caldwell will win 22+ games right outta the box…
I know what was told to me by people in the room. Lawyer Spears will have bigger issues to solve before we win the award
Maybe Kim will use Danny’s schedule maker to get to 22

I’ll take that if the trade off is no kids in the headlines for the wrong reasons, graduating the players, and have them become productive members of society

Well, well, well - seems we have a truce being offered by Sluggo72. Good enough for me.
I was replying to this comment I tried to quote it but…t.
You deserve lifelong mediocrity in coaches. Marshall clearly isn’t for you anymore.

So I responded that I’d be happy with graduating players etc.
so if that’s a truce so be it
Still think Lawyer Spears handled this poorly

I bet Spears idol is Dave Ridpath( sp )

I was replying to this comment I tried to quote it but…t.
You deserve lifelong mediocrity in coaches. Marshall clearly isn’t for you anymore.

So I responded that I’d be happy with graduating players etc.
so if that’s a truce so be it
Still think Lawyer Spears handled this poorly

I bet Spears idol is Dave Ridpath( sp )
I’ll take it. I doubt CS knows who DR is…….

here's my stance, Spears could have done this differently. He didnt have to just say 'you're fired', which is what he did. He could have figured out a way to have him exit gracefully. No matter what he did or didnt do, he still put 30 yrs in at MU, and never caused them any embarrassment. You think they could have come up with something better for him and Marshall.
Its kinda like putting a Green Jacket in a Dollar store bag.
and Thank you BTW.
Check the record. I don't believe it was a Green Jacket in a Dollar store bag.

I had a laugh this morning reading Chucks article saying one Herd fan in FL was done with Marshall because of this "firing". I thought of Sluggo. Then my next thought was - **** you! See ya!

Reactions: raleighherdfan
So the Smalls..and Chuck think a donation guarantees a job. Yep. Thats what the Marshall mentality has been for years.
I have no idea if this is that case, but if it is, Brad Smith probably sees any contribution the Small (and just about any other financially successful) family as "cute".

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I live in Huntington FTR
I wasn't saying that to you. Just that you have issues with how the situation was handled and I understand that.
But for the so called FL fan to walk away over this is a bit much. Jmo.

The school is bigger than one person.

All I know is with all of Sluggos whining, he's managed to get the majority of herd fans to support the firing.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
God what a stupid take. We've been pointing out the wrongs for years in the Athletic dept, much to the annoyance of the mediocrity gang.
my initial post was , is Spears fixing things that dont need fixed. Now tell me, if coach Small was given another year, how would have that affected Marshall in a negative way? Less attendance at meets? Less giving to the Big Green? More negative headlines about people going to Medical School?
OTOH if we have a banner saying we won the SBC indoor womens track championship, you would give more?
I highly doubt anything would change.

Idk I wasn’t in the room but I think it can easily be argued, as there were no reasons given. Let’s face it we have a jerk for an AD

Are you and coach Small dating?

Cause that's the only thing that I could think of as a motivator for you to have put such an effort into something (not sure many of us) would have known about had it not been posted.

Reactions: caliherd
This thread delivers on a number of angles! Speaking of numbers - Sluggo 72 is on the cusp of his one thousandth post. I guess a big TY to Spears is in order?!!
🦆ing……..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT