ADVERTISEMENT

So long Wells

I wish the kid well, but after this season it was painfully obvious Huff was not going to stick with him as a starter for 2 more years. TBH, how could he?

Reactions: Jartard
not good at all. Some of you on here will be happy
Don’t start with your Superfan 💩 this early. I don’t think anyone is going to be “happy” but the facts are what they are. A change was needed and it was going to be made, simple as that. Wells transferring is not the end of the world, just like it wasn’t with numerous QB’s in the past that haven’t panned out

Reactions: herd66
Don’t start with your Superfan 💩 this early. I don’t think anyone is going to be “happy” but the facts are what they are. A change was needed and it was going to be made, simple as that. Wells transferring is not the end of the world, just like it wasn’t with numerous QB’s in the past that haven’t panned out
We've never had a starter transfer out.

Except Grant is a good QB and you’re merely moronic

Well a lot of Herd fans got what they wanted. I always thought Wells had a lot of potential. But was never able to reach it for multiple reasons, mostly not his fault. Good luck to him!

Reactions: ohio herd
Well a lot of Herd fans got what they wanted. I always thought Wells had a lot of potential. But was never able to reach it for multiple reasons, mostly not his fault. Good luck to him!

I don’t think it was all his fault either tbh. He had potential but never quite lived up to it, yet. By his Senior year, maybe?

So many people can't see the difference between criticizing poor QB play, and not liking Wells as a kid. I'm sure he's a good kid, who gave us his best effort, but sometimes situations aren't right. Odds are you don't dislike every ex girlfriend/boyfriend you've ever had, they just weren't the right person for you. It happens.

I hope Wells finds a place that makes him happy and he continues to grow as a player. I hope Huff, Cramsey, etc. find a quarterback that works within the offense we have and the team improves next year.

Obligatory gif:

well-bye.gif

So many people can't see the difference between criticizing poor QB play, and not liking Wells as a kid. I'm sure he's a good kid, who gave us his best effort, but sometimes situations aren't right. Odds are you don't dislike every ex girlfriend/boyfriend you've ever had, they just weren't the right person for you. It happens.

I hope Wells finds a place that makes him happy and he continues to grow as a player. I hope Huff, Cramsey, etc. find a quarterback that works within the offense we have and the team improves next year.
If I were him, I'd see if Yale wanted a QB. I think he had an offer from them.

You gotta believe Huff will target a grad transfer quickly and that grad will look at this as a exciting opportunity being only pushed by 3 true freshman.

Wells was very average. You could tell in many games the play calling was very vanilla because the staff didnt trust him because of his knack for throwing INT's.

Huff, you're on the clock to bring in a transfer QB.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
says the guy who is always poor mouthing Grant. Okay Mr. know it all since you don't think this is a big deal what do you suggest

Interceptions or not....this puts a pretty big hole in the offense. Pulling a QB out of the portal just doesn't happen.

I can see it in the tea leaves:
"Now starting at quarterback for Marshall, #10, Cole Pennington."
A new era begins.

So if I have it correct... Assuming we don't find a magic grad transfer bullet in the portal... Next year's QB competition will be between --

Luke Zban -- Junior
Cam Fancher -- Sophomore
Cole Pennington -- Freshman
Chase Harrison -- Freshman
Peter Zamora -- Freshman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT