ADVERTISEMENT

So long Wells

This certainly could lead to a freighting scenario. Virginia Tech comes to Huntington in two years. Wells is their senior starting quarterback and beats us badly. 😢
That would require him to stop throwing the ball to the other team. Just think - he might complete as many passes to Herd players in that game as he did when he was under center here. 😱

This certainly could lead to a freighting scenario. Virginia Tech comes to Huntington in two years. Wells is their senior starting quarterback and beats us badly. 😢
regardless of who the vtech qb is , they should be the favorite over Marshall.

I guarantee Grant will start at Vtech and Ill go as far to say he will come to Huntington under center with the Hokies and beat up on us at home and all the Wells haters will act like “thats the one that got away” guarantee it! I truly believe a big reason he left is because sorry ass fan bashing him/shit OC calls and I hope he succeeds with Vtech

I guarantee Grant will start at Vtech and Ill go as far to say he will come to Huntington under center with the Hokies and beat up on us at home and all the Wells haters will act like “thats the one that got away” guarantee it! I truly believe a big reason he left is because sorry ass fan bashing him/shit OC calls and I hope he succeeds with Vtech
He thinks Virginia Tech fans are not going yo be harsh?

Blaming fans is ridiculous.

Ohh the fans are so tough at Marshall wonder what that 310 lbs defense linemen from Clemson will say?

If only he could have done the same to the likes of Rice…

Lol, I would hope a D1 qb would have enough mental toughness than to be pushed around my some anonymous internet persona's.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You've got to be trolling people with this nonsense 😂

Some of you get far too emotionally attached to players whom you really don't know. You also make the mistake to believe they care about you on a personal level.

Just wait till VT fans creep over here and read this shit. If they believe these claims that Grant is leaving due to fans having the audacity to complain about him being an interception factory, he'll lose credibility before he ever suits up for them.

You've got to be trolling people with this nonsense 😂

Some of you get far too emotionally attached to players whom you really don't know. You also make the mistake to believe they care about you on a personal level.

Just wait till VT fans creep over here and read this shit. If they believe these claims that Grant is leaving due to fans having the audacity to complain about him being an interception factory, he'll lose credibility before he ever suits up for them.
Looking at VTs schedule, they have a very favorable slate next year... Their nonconference is WVU and 3 nobody's, ODU, Wofford, Liberty [who will be down without half their offensive starters from this year]... In the ACC they avoid Clemson and Florida State.

That said, the first time they lose to Virginia or NC State, Wells will hear everything he heard from our fans and worse, assuming he does start.

He thinks Virginia Tech fans are not going yo be harsh?

Blaming fans is ridiculous.

Ohh the fans are so tough at Marshall wonder what that 310 lbs defense linemen from Clemson will say
Looking at VTs schedule, they have a very favorable slate next year... Their nonconference is WVU and 3 nobody's, ODU, Wofford, Liberty [who will be down without half their offensive starters from this year]... In the ACC they avoid Clemson and Florida State.

That said, the first time they lose to Virginia or NC State, Wells will hear everything he heard from our fans and worse, assuming he does start.
He better grow some thick skin if he can't take criticism. Being a QB anywhere you are going to catch the heat. If he goes to Tech I hope we knock the hell out of him when we play!

Please don’t give your self that much credit. Much more to why he left then whiney know it all’s on a fan forum or drunk classless big mouths in the stands.

Does anyone think that Huff and Cramsey may be looking at Cam Fancher as the answer to the QB question? Would Cam be better than going with any of the three frosh? If he does not bring in a transfer, we have to assume that Fancher or one of the three is what we will see next year. Zban, if he stay with the team, might get a shot but his performance in the last game may have cost him his chance. I don't know a lot about Fancher, but think Huff would be wise to bring in a one-year transfer to get us through 2022.

Does anyone think that Huff and Cramsey may be looking at Cam Fancher as the answer to the QB question? Would Cam be better than going with any of the three frosh? If he does not bring in a transfer, we have to assume that Fancher or one of the three is what we will see next year. Zban, if he stay with the team, might get a shot but his performance in the last game may have cost him his chance. I don't know a lot about Fancher, but think Huff would be wise to bring in a one-year transfer to get us through 2022.
I read Zban was off the team already

I would think Fancher will be in the mix along with the 3 freshmen, assuming no one transfers in... He was a heck of an athlete in high school. Football, basketball, state champion in track... The question is, what does he look like as a QB? I remember when we recruited him I read somewhere he played his first couple years in high school at WR before moving to QB, so I would presume he was/is pretty raw and still learning.

Hopefully we hear something on a transfer QB soon. Doesn't first semester start next week?

Even if we don't get one here for spring, I have to think they will still be trying to bring in transfer this summer.

Hopefully we hear something on a transfer QB soon. Doesn't first semester start next week?

Even if we don't get one here for spring, I have to think they will still be trying to bring in transfer this summer.
Yea that’s a good plan, bring one this summer. Probably work out about as well when Sonny brought in Tim Kendricks in the summertime

Yea that’s a good plan, bring one this summer. Probably work out about as well when Sonny brought in Tim Kendricks in the summertime
I sat with Whitey Wilson, Sonny, and some of his posse at the AD Lewis rock pile watching Kendricks first practice with the team in August of ‘83. Tim was a “walk thru the airport” looking player but not skilled or polished. He ended his career as a tight end. This last minute move was Sonny’s desperate attempt to develop an offense. A 7-3 loss at E Mich the first night of the season sealed his fate.

I sat with Whitey Wilson, Sonny, and some of his posse at the AD Lewis rock pile watching Kendricks first practice with the team in August of ‘83. Tim was a “walk thru the airport” looking player but not skilled or polished. He ended his career as a tight end. This last minute move was Sonny’s desperate attempt to develop an offense. A 7-3 loss at E Mich the first night of the season sealed his fate.
Calling BS on this. Team never officially practiced at AD Lewis field.
Tim never moved to TE , though he may have just moved to the bench
I’ll agree it was a desperate attempt at an offense
Should have played Joe Willie sooner. But he got hurt at EMU the day before the game

Should have played Joe Willie sooner. But he got hurt at EMU the day before the game
Wow, shit. I am going to have to moderate an argument about events back in the 70's.

This board is completely awesome.

• Love
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Call all you want Sluggo but I was there. Randle practices several times on that field. They also practiced on Prindle Field, Chaump used Prindle field quite a bit. Kendricks was moved to tight end after the quarterback experiment ended.

I call BS on them being wvu fans. His Dad went to VaTech as a student. If they are Tech grads they would hate the school up north.

I think only the dad is a VT grad. but as far as BS goes, living in Charleston they sure decked out in the blue and gold regularly until the last few years of the sudden change to green.

It was, I was there and multiple times asked ”fans” to show some respect. They went out of their way to support Marshall, traveling to every away game his entire career. They both were die hard Mountaineer fans until Grant signed with Marshall then went all in for the Herd, season tickets, Big Green donations etc. They are a tight family and I can’t help to believe this was a factor.
Tough guy, sounds like Grant Wells and Daddy Wells have confirmed all of your posts on the subject are completely full of shit, i.e., wrong.

After seeing how Wells finished this season, I’m guessing he will be more than happy sitting the bench at another school where he won’t have to be the man called on to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT