ADVERTISEMENT

So long Wells

I would listen closely to Bubba. He is a payment expert and arbiter of academic integrity. Good gawd.

It was, I was there and multiple times asked ”fans” to show some respect. They went out of their way to support Marshall, traveling to every away game his entire career. They both were die hard Mountaineer fans until Grant signed with Marshall then went all in for the Herd, season tickets, Big Green donations etc. They are a tight family and I can’t help to believe this was a factor.

It was, I was there and multiple times asked ”fans” to show some respect. They went out of their way to support Marshall, traveling to every away game his entire career. They both were die hard Mountaineer fans until Grant signed with Marshall then went all in for the Herd, season tickets, Big Green donations etc. They are a tight family and I can’t help to believe this was a factor.

I’d gladly tell those people to eff off if I heard that happening.

They were/are wvu fans and our fan behavior upset them?

Okkkk

I would guess the way his parents were treated I’m the stands at home games had a lot to do with his decision. The cussing and verbal abuse they had to endure watching their son do the best he could was grotesque.
Wow. Good thing that will not happen at any other stadium in the country. Newsflash, when a player plays terrible, they generally get heckled. This isn’t new, and it isn’t unique.

Typical of where are society is heading. Justifying that type of behavior for any reason shows the lack of class with which you must live your lives by.
I’m not justifying anything, simply stating that it isn’t anything new and isn’t unique to Grant’s situation. If you, Grant or his Mommy and Daddy think he won’t catch hell for throwing back-to-back interceptions or ducking out of bounds 3 yards shy of contact maybe this sport isn’t for you all. People have boo’d athletes, screamed insults, etc for decades. Get over yourself.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
I’m not justifying anything, simply stating that it isn’t anything new and isn’t unique to Grant’s situation. If you, Grant or his Mommy and Daddy think he won’t catch hell for throwing back-to-back interceptions or ducking out of bounds 3 yards shy of contact maybe this sport isn’t for you all. People have boo’d athletes, screamed insults, etc for decades. Get over yourself.
I totally agree with you. He’s literally a grown a$$ man that is engaged to be married. These aren’t “kids”.

I totally agree with you. He’s literally a grown a$$ man that is engaged to be married. These aren’t “kids”.

Grant is a grown man, but that doesn’t give people the right to direct their bullshit at his or anyone’s family.

It’s a good damn thing that shit didn’t happen around me because A) I would have had words with whoever was doing it and B) I would’ve had them removed from the stadium.

Voice your opinion all you want but have some effing respect.

I'm sure you would have, tough guy.

It’s not about being tough. It’s about doing what’s right.

Anyone that fails to understand the basis behind that is someone that falls outside the boundaries of the Marshall Family.

And when coaches, players, admin, or people like myself say, “we’d be better off without you,” those are the people we’re talking about and it’s true. If you’re ok with someone badgering a player’s parents or not having enough respect to be mindful of them at least, then stay TF home.

Call it tough to whatever you want.

I call it not being a piece of shit.

Grant is a grown man, but that doesn’t give people the right to direct their bullshit at his or anyone’s family.

It’s a good damn thing that shit didn’t happen around me because A) I would have had words with whoever was doing it and B) I would’ve had them removed from the stadium.

So they made you a stadium moderator also?

The athletes wanted the right to earn. Earning comes with accountability to those paying you. Full COA comes out the university coffers, which comes from supporters and tax payers.

You want to be a pro, then suck it up when you get treated like one. What makes you more special than the 20 year old working the drive thru at Wendy’s that has to listen to people complain about their order being wrong. You expect fans to be extra nice if they’re sitting behind Trevor Lawrence’s mom and he throws a pick into triple coverage?

Personally, I wouldn’t badmouth a player in front of his parents, but I’m not going to blame the few fans that actually care enough to show up - that’s a dwindling demographic. They think it sounds bad from a few fans, let’s see what they think when they here it from 70,000 if he goes to VT.

Just Like Twitter, this board is a sewer of irrational moonbats spouting tough guy talk while being anonymous.

I’m glad the leader of the resistance was banned, hopefully it will be a more enjoyable place to discuss Herd sports, not what it is currently, a place to one up each other with gotcha posts.

Last edited:
Just Like Twitter, this board is a sewer of irrational moonbats spouting tough guy talk while being anonymous.

I’m glad the leader of the resistance was banned, hopefully it will be a more enjoyable place to discuss Herd sports, not what it is currently, a place to one up each other with gotcha posts.
Ironic post is ironic.

By chance, do your friends call you Karen?

So they made you a stadium moderator also?

The athletes wanted the right to earn. Earning comes with accountability to those paying you. Full COA comes out the university coffers, which comes from supporters and tax payers.

You want to be a pro, then suck it up when you get treated like one. What makes you more special than the 20 year old working the drive thru at Wendy’s that has to listen to people complain about their order being wrong. You expect fans to be extra nice if they’re sitting behind Trevor Lawrence’s mom and he throws a pick into triple coverage?

Personally, I wouldn’t badmouth a player in front of his parents, but I’m not going to blame the few fans that actually care enough to show up - that’s a dwindling demographic. They think it sounds bad from a few fans, let’s see what they think when they here it from 70,000 if he goes to VT.
Exactly the point I made. Their skin should probably get thicker if he indeed does end up at a larger university and actually ends up on the field.of play. If the parents (and particularly the fiancé) are so offended by boo’s and heckling for poor play, that they feel the need to react, running from one school to the next isn’t the answer.
To be clear (again), I am not condoning the behavior, but the fact is it is everywhere. If his parents are tried and true WVU fans they are no stranger to rude behavior.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
I believe his dad played at VT, wouldn’t be surprised. Great for him!

Last edited:
Good to see that marines Lord of the Flies posse continues down the road of being totally inconsequential to anything productive on this board.

Good to see that marines Lord of the Flies posse continues down the road of being totally inconsequential to anything productive on this board.
Please enlighten, oh great one, what/who determines "productive"? Seems to me the point of the board is to cultivate discussions. If you don't like a topic, it's easy to not participate. Shutting it down/silencing is counterproductive.

Reading the VT board, seems like they think Wells is being brought in as an insurance policy/backup in case they don't land one of the other two guys they have targeted in the portal... It has to be weird to transfer to a school and then hope that no one better/more coveted than you transfers to that same school... Either way, wish him the best and hope we beat them in two years.

Reactions: LynnSept8
Can a college use their endowment for athletics? If so, Harvard with 41 billion should have the best football team in the country next year.
Serous answer to a funny question. Yes a college can use endowment money as needed however much of those funds are directed to very specific use, most endowments also contain a limited amount of undirected money that can be used in a flexed manner.
I have some familiarity with Harvard’s spending priorities and football ain’t on the list. ;-)))

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT