ADVERTISEMENT

California caught cheating again

Elections are one thing, but now they're stealing the lottery.

Big 2 Billion dollar powerball drawing had to be delayed, due to some fruitcake out there screwing things up, and now, another fruitcake from the same area ends up being the winner, with a drawing held sometime this morning, almost 12 hours after it was supposed to have taken place.

Does this remind anybody of how those late next day ballots have been working?
  • Angry
Reactions: ThunderCat98

It's a sad day today

No, not because the democrats will likely take an ass kicking, assuming they don't cheat again.

Today is the day Herd athletics has finally passed away. Queen's College? Get beat by some team that plays in a high school sized gymnasium in front of 3,000. Then there's the football team that can't score touchdowns anymore. I'll go to my grave trying to figure out how that bunch beat the Irish in South Bend.

Football is awful, basketball is horrid, and that all leads up to baseball, where the team doesn't even have a damn field.

AD Perkins will still shine a light on things, but make no mistake about it. . . Herd sports are circling the toilet and on the verge of being flushed.

How anybody can continue to put lipstick on this chimp is beyond me.
Reactions: ThunderCat98

So. Just how bad is our passing game.

Through nine games our QBs have passed for a grand total of 8 touchdowns. Colombi has 6 and Fancher has 2. Our passing offense is averaging .89 TDs per game. At this rate they will finish with 10-11 TDs on the season and 11-12 if we reach a bowl. That's assuming they actually throw a TD. Fancher's two TDs came against Norfolk and then at JMU. As a starter he has thrown just 1 TD in three games of action. It's even worse if you remove the FCS opponents. That drops the number to 4 total TDs thrown against FBS oppoenents.

So just where does that futility rank all-time? You have to go back to the 2005 season when Morris and Skinner combined for 12 TDs throwing 6 a piece. In 1986 Peterson and Gregory combined for 14 throwing 8 and 6 respectively.

Potentially the duo of Colombi and Fancher could produce the lowest TD total since Ted Carpenter and Carol Fodor failed to throw a TD back in 1982.

I'm still not so confident that we even make a bowl game and even if we did I think there's a high chance that we see at least one more game without a TD thrown.

So to match what we're seeing now you have to look back to Mark Snyder's first season or the early 80s on back when we were rebuilding when or running the veer.
  • Sad
Reactions: HerdFB1

Marshall vs App State - Tale of the Tape

I think we're in for another weekend similar to Troy, Louisiana, and Coastal Carolina where immediately after the game we realize that these were two pretty evenly matched teams - except at the quarterback position.
On the season Chase Brice has 24 TDs and 5 INTs, our QBs have combined for 8 TDs and 8 INTs. They have the 10th best pass efficiency offense in the country. We're 105th and it's near dead last over the past 6 games. Fancher's passer rating is the 2nd worst in the country among qualified passers.
Want to go with a light box to clog their passing lanes? They have two backs that are both averaging well over 6 yards per carry they too are averaging around 200 yards rushing per game.

Marshall (5-4)App State (5-4)
PPG23.4 (98th)35.9 (29th)
Points Allowed15.56 (6th)25.33 (61st)
Total Offense390.4 (69th)449.3 (29th)
Rush Offense201.4 (26th)194.9 (29th)
Pass Offense189.0 (111th)254.4 (50th)
Offensive Pass Effic122.59 (105th)160.96 (10th)
3rd Down Offense34% (110th)40% (58th)
Total Defense274.6 (8th)327.1 (24th)
Rush Defense78.7 (3rd)136.1 (55th)
Pass Defense195.9 (27th)191.0 (25th)
Defensive Pass Effic103.72 (3rd)127.93 (59th)
3rd Down Defense21% (1st)41% (82nd)
Turnover Margin Per Game+0.56 (30th)+0.67 (26th)
Penalty Yards Per Game59.78 (85th)52.89 (56th)
Reactions: marshallisqbu

Opening line for App State -- Pick'em

Vegas says its a tossup between the Herd and Mountaineers... Seems about right to me.

Early game day weather -- High of 50 and partly cloudy

If you are making the trip up on Friday morning/afternoon like I will be with my family, drive safe... Weather looks terrible Friday (High of 62 with 90% chance of rain and possible thunderstorms as the cold front blows in).
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT