ADVERTISEMENT

Vote for who you want to..But i know this..

I know who wanter us locked down.

I know who wanted schools closed.

I know who played all kinds of politics with it.

I know who forced vaccines on people.

I know who would still have us locked down

I know who pushes transgender on us

I know who has ruined public schools.

I know whonhas weakened our military with a woke culture.

So kiss my ass. I know what control measures they will do. I know how they damn ruined the country during covid ans changed it forever.

Vote everyone of those bastards out.
Reactions: Sistersviille

WE ARE...NOT DONE YET!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this year's team is 100% capable of winning their last 4 games of the season! We have the talent, our most difficult game is at the Joan (App State) and I've got to believe both team and staff are hungry for sustained success. I say we go at least 3-1 with a respectable bowl bid...but feel we can go 4-0 with a more exciting bowl matchup! It all starts on Saturday...GO HERD!

PFF Defensive Grades: Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina

For the second time in three games, Marshall's defense struggled to finish plays as the Thundering Herd missed 13 tackles -- one off its season-high of 14 against UL-Lafayette -- in the Herd's 24-13 setback to Coastal Carolina Wednesday evening.

Full grade breakdowns, by position, are below:

DEFENSIVE LINE:

The defensive line, like much of the entire unit as a whole, posted uneven performances across the board.

Sam Burton, who played 25 snaps in the contest, posted the highest grade of all defensive linemen at a 70.3 PFF while totaling five pressures, three quarterback hurries, and three total tackles. Skilled pass rushers Koby Cumberlander and Owen Porter nestled in just behind Burton, with Cumberlander notching a 69.7 PFF grade and Porter a 66.7 PFF mark. Both players made five tackles apiece while combining to claim two sacks in the contest as Cumberlander played 21 snaps in the affair and Porter 51.

Damion Barber (63.2 PFF) posted four tackles while Elijah Alston (61.5 PFF) added in three stops of his own. Esisas Carpenter (62.6 PFF), Immanuel Bush (61.7 PFF) and Emmanuel Balogin (60.7 PFF) rounded out the defensive linemen who graded above 60 PFF.

Anthony Watts, Isaiah Gibson and TyQaze Leggs each struggled throughout as Watts posted a 58.6 PFF with just a 28.6 PFF tackling rating while Gibson and Leggs, combined, didn't make a single tackle in the 37 snaps that the pair were out on the field.

LINEBACKERS:

As with the defensive line, the linebacking core enjoyed an uneven performance.

Eli Neal, however, was a strong point for not only the group, but the entire defense. Neal led Marshall with 14 tackles, posted the team's best tackling mark at 85.1 PFF, and allowed just three completions for 17 yards en route to a 75.4 PFF.

The remaining core, however, played uneven as it was clear Marshall missed the presence of Abraham Beauplan. Charlie Gray played 72 snaps but only made four tackles from his linebacker spot en route to a 61.4 PFF rating while Jace Bobo played just eight snaps total and tallied a 57 PFF.

DEFENSIVE BACKS:

Overall, five of the nine highest graded players on Marshall's defense were from the defensive secondary, including Kerion Martin and E.J. Jackson, who posted PFF grades of 72 PFF and 71 PFF, respectively. Both players made five tackles apiece, with Martin garnering an 80.7 PFF tackling rating overall via not missing a single tackle in his 36 snaps on the field. The pair also combined to allow just one reception for two yards.

Micah Abraham (69.4 PFF), Steven Gilmore (67.8 PFF) and Andre Sam (66.6 PFF) also graded above-average, but the trio combined to miss seven tackles and posted PFF tackling grades of 29.2, 53.2 and 32.7 in that area. The trio allowed seven receptions in 12 targets for 55 yards.

Joshua Bowers, who played just three snaps, notched a 60.2 PFF while Isaiah Norman and Jadarius Green-McKnight graded out at just 44.9 and 34.8 PFF, respectively. Norman's tackling grade was an 81.6 by making four stops within a missed tackle, but he also allowed two receptions in three targets his way for 47 yards. Norman's coverage grade was just a 41.8 PFF, while Green-McKnight's was a very low 28.6 PFF.

DefenseRun DefenseTacklingPass RushCoverage

PlayerTotal Def. GradeRun DefenseTacklePass RushCoverage
Eli Neal75.473.885.157.370.9
Kerion Martin72.075.480.7No Grade66.4
E.J. Jackson71.061.361.665.171.3
Sam Burton70.873.031.860.3No Grade
Koby Cumberlander69.768.978.074.1No Grade
Micah Abraham69.453.529.2No Grade73.2
Steven Gilmore67.877.053.2No Grade63.6
Owen Porter66.760.478.368.260.0
Andre Sam66.672.632.760.062.1
Damion Barber63.263.973.657.4No Grade
Esisas Carpenter62.663.7No Grade57.5No Grade
Immanuel Bush61.760.174.261.460.0
Elijah Alston61.568.946.248.8No Grade
Charlie Gray61.460.062.455.863.0
Emmanuel Balogun60.760.0No Grade60.0No Grade
Joshua Bowers60.260.0No GradeNo GradeNo Grade
Anthony Watts58.667.528.653.360.0
Jace Bobo57.056.3No GradeNo Grade60.6
Isaiah Gibson53.462.7No Grade58.2No Grade
Isaiah Norman44.966.681.6No Grade41.8
Jadarius Green-McKnight34.861.352.360.028.6
TyQaze Leggs31.150.2No Grade57.5No Grade
Reactions: jeremycriss

PFF Offensive Grades: Marshall vs. Coastal Carolina

The Marshall offense showcased an improved passing attack under redshirt freshman quarterback Cam Fancher, but couldn't overcome a 21-point first-quarter deficit in a 24-13 setback to Coastal Carolina Saturday evening.

The entire offense's grades, by position group, are below:

QUARTERBACK:

Enjoying his best game of the year -- and his young career -- to date, Cam Fancher played solid, completing 19 of his 36 passes for 320 yards en route to a 67.9 PFF rating. Fancher failed to throw a touchdown and lost a fumble on a sack inside the red zone late in the fourth quarter, but otherwise did not turn the ball over as Fancher showed improvement at the spot as the game went on.

RUNNING BACKS:

From a yardage standpoint, it was a struggle for Marshall on the ground with the Thundering Herd mustering just 87 yards on 37 carries in the contest.

Ethan Payne, who ran for 28 yards on six carries, graded out at 70.7 -- the third-best grade on the entire offense -- due to his 80.6 pass blocking grade and his 73.7 running grade. Khalan Laborn posted 59 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries, but graded out at just 56.4 PFF after posting a 29.3 passing PFF and a 16.4 pass blocking PFF. Laborn also lost a fumble.

Charles Montgomery and Cam Fancher combined for 15 carries for 0 yards.

WIDE RECEIVERS:

Behind an outstanding effort from Corey Gammage, the Marshall wide receiver room graded out the best of any position. Gammage, who put together an outstanding performance with eight catches for 187 yards, posted a 80.9 PFF grade to head up all Marshall players, while Talik Keaton, who unfortunately exited in the second half with an apparent lower leg injury, graded out at 68.5 PFF after catching three passes for 52 yards. Gammage had a fumble following a long pass reception from Fancher, which was picked up by Keaton and run down to the Marshall 3, but that was his only slight miscue of the entire game.

EJ Horton, who stepped up and had his number called in an increased manner when Keaton went out, had three catches for 39 yards en route to a 65.1 PFF grade, while Charles Montgomery added in three catches for 33 yards but had the lowest wide receiver grade at 52.4 PFF after posting a low 44.7 run blocking grade.

Caleb Coombs (catch, seven yards), Jayden Harrison and Shadeed Ahmed posted grades of 61 PFF, 58 PFF and 56.6 PFF, respectively.

TIGHT ENDS:

The tight end room had the lowest grade of any offensive position group on the field, as Stacey Marshall, Jr. and Devin Miller posted PFF marks of 52 and 45, respectively. Both players had pass blocking PFF grades of 68.7 and 71.8, respectively but performed below average from a PFF grade standpoint in the remaining areas.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN:

Up front, Cedrice Paillant had a strong performance, posting a 76.3 PFF grade -- including a pass block grade of 86 and a run block mark of 75.1. The lone touchdown run by Laborn was scored on Paillant's side, and many of Marshall's best running plays by Laborn came off of the left side, as well.

Dalton Tucker and Ethan Driskell graded out at 62.6 and 61.6 PFF, respectively -- with pass blocking grades of 76.5 and 68.5 -- while Trent Holler's 59.3 PFF, Logan Osburn's 58.8 PFF and Kendrick Sartor's 56.8 PFF rounded out the offensive line's work.

OffensePassingPass BlockingReceivingRunningRun Blocking

PlayerOffensePassingPass BlockingRunning GradeRun Blocking
Corey Gammage80.980.8No GradeNo Grade73.6
Cedrice Paillant76.3No Grade86.0No Grade75.1
Ethan Payne70.754.380.673.458.8
Talik Keaton68.566.6No Grade62.462.0
Cam Fancher67.969.7No Grade60.460.3
EJ Horton65.365.1No GradeNo Grade57.9
Dalton Tucker62.6No Grade76.5No Grade57.1
Ethan Driskell61.6No Grade68.5No Grade57.1
Caleb Coombs61.060.8No GradeNo Grade59.7
Talik Keaton61.157.2No GradeNo Grade82.9
Trent Holler59.3No Grade54.9No Grade58.9
Logan Osburn58.8No Grade67.8No Grade55.9
Jayden Harrison58.059.5No GradeNo Grade60.0
Kendrick Sartor56.8No Grade60.1No Grade54.6
Shadeed Ahmed56.656.9No GradeNo Grade60.5
Khalan Laborn56.429.318.467.645.9
Charles Montgomery52.452.8No Grade62.444.7
Stacey Marshall, Jr.52.053.668.7No Grade54.4
Devin Miller45.042.571.8No Grade54.1

So are we to believe that "poor" people own their own homes??

Let the (late) campaign giveaways begin.

The Biden administration will also provide roughly $9 billion to help low- and moderate-income families lower energy costs by making energy-efficient upgrades to their homes.

The funding will help up to 1.6 million homes, including installing 500,000 heat pumps.

Under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, an estimated 700,000 homes will be weatherized due to the revised Weatherization Assistance Program, putting the administration on track to reach its goal of weatherizing 2 million homes, according to the White House.

“In sum, these programs will make these cost-saving upgrades more accessible for low- and moderate-income families as states gain momentum toward deploying at least 12 million heat pumps by 2030,” the White House said, according to a statement.

winning percentages since our move to FBS in 97.

Since we moved up to FBS in 1997 here is the breakdown.
Bob Pruett 79-23 = .775

Year 97-2002 with two Future NFL QB we are 65-13 = 83% !!!
year 2003/2004 without NFL Starting QB we are 14-10 = 58%

Mark Snyder 23-37 = .383%

Doc Holliday 85-54 = .612%

With Cato 35-18 = .66%

Charles Huff 11-10 currently = .524%

Without a doubt we have only been really good when we have had an future NFL QB under center. All the other years we have been average or slightly above average.

In 26 years at the FBS level since we moved up:
198-124 = 62%

Guys as good a coach as BP was he didn't tear it up without Chad or Byron either. Guys we got to get ourselves another future NFL QB in here if we want to be good. What do you think?
  • Haha
Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)

Things I'm tired of seeing and hearing . . .

I know this will piss some people off, but I need to vent. This Saturday, yet again, I heard fans behind out team bench yelling harsh criticism at our OL. One idiot, behind me, kept yelling, "BLOCK!!!" every time the damned ball was snapped. I will admit that our OL play has not been good, but these idiots yelling at the players have no idea what the hell they're even watching.

When they bring more people than we have blockers on pass coverage and the QB is pressured, that's NOT THE OL's FAULT!! More than likely it was a play where the QB should have checked off or made a hot read along with a receiver, and failed to do so. NOT EVERY TFL is the fault of the OL!! To be honest, in the last couple of games, our OL really hasn't played too poorly overall with the exception of 1 player whom I will not name here (Many of you already know). Another consideration is that, when you don't have a QB who is capable of throwing the ball accurately over the middle at all or anywhere beyond 7 yards, the back 7 of the defense can play up tight to the LOS and provide added run support. That's on the QBs and on the OC for not figuring out how to better stretch the defense so they can't load up in the box. It 's the curse of being 1 dimensional.

Yes, some of the blame for our 1 dimensional offense does fall on the OL for sure, especially in weeks 3 through 5, but for certain defensive scheme's and pressures, it's completely unrealistic to expect our QB to consistently have 4 seconds or more to get rid of the ball. Most pro OLs don't even provide that much time consistently.

I have no issues with anyone venting on this board, even if I don't agree. That's what this board is for. But I have a big problem with dumbasses who know nothing about football yelling things directly at the players from just a few rows up in the stands. Firstly, what the hell do you think is accomplished by that, other than making yourself look like a freaking idiot? Secondly, you're not even yelling at the person(s) who are to blame in the first place.

Another thing that's getting old is all of the people who praise the defense and talk about how great it is (one of our best ever some say) and in the next sentence want to fire Huff for our inept offense. Who the hell do you think is responsible for bringing in all of the transfers that have made our defense so strong this year? I'm frustrated as hell with our offense too and I'm also frustrated that we're this far in and have not been able to make significant adjustments to provide better results. Huff is certainly not off the hook for this, but let's at least give him credit for the good if we're going to rip him for the bad. The defense didn't just magically materialize without him. I think that we need a change at OL Coach and at OC for sure. Colombi didn't turn out to be what we were hoping for, no one expected Ali to get hurt, Morrissey's quitting was mostly out of the blue (and no, Huff was not to blame for that: Morrissey bought a house in OR weeks before he quit and his wife hated Huntington), and there have been at least 3, if not 4 games now where fumbles have cost us a "W". I'm not even saying that Huff shouldn't be replaced because I've heard some strong arguments for that, but let's at least be fair about the evaluation and not chastise him for our offense without crediting him in the least for our defense.

I hope that it was not OF posters who I hear yelling at our players on the sidelines. I'd like to think that the people I see posting on this board know better. If it was you, please stop. If it was not you, please educate the dumbasses around you when they decide to stand up and yell at our OL because the 5 of them were not able to block the 7 or 8 defenders who loaded the box knowing that we were going to run to the field side 7 times out of 10 on first and second down and then again when they send 8 pass rushers on a 3rd and 7 knowing that we can't execute a quick slant to offset a blitz.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT