ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you President Biden for your strong leadership (again): "Biden administration reaches tentative deal to avert rail strike"

The importance of a possible railroad strike is difficult to overstate. American commerce is heavily dependent on freight trains, and if tens of thousands of rail workers were to walk off the job, the implications on supply chains would be dramatic.

It’s why the White House took the threat of a strike very seriously. It’s also why it’s good news that officials’ efforts appear to have succeeded. NBC News reported:

The White House has struck a tentative deal to avoid a rail strike that threatened major disruptions across the United States, with freight workers securing a key demand under its terms, President Joe Biden said Thursday morning. The tentative pact highlights the labor movement’s growing influence under an administration that has cast itself as a staunch ally of labor, and comes after business groups and political officials warned that a strike would disrupt passenger services and cripple supply chains.
As part of the agreement, reached in the early hours this morning, rail workers will receive long-sought benefits. NBC News’ report added that employees “will for the first time be able to take unpaid time off work for routine preventive medical care, union leaders said in a statement. There will also be exemptions from attendance policies for hospitalizations and surgical procedures — a key sticking point in negotiations. The new agreement provides rail workers with an additional paid personal day a year without the fear of discipline.”

[...]

• Haha
Reactions: alphasig1053

Got invited to a Christmas Tree Decorating Party In the Neighborhood.

Walked in. Did the meet and greet, talked for a mintue. Snuck out the back door and walked home.

I don't deocrate my own tree let alone someone elses. Told the wife straight up I was going to do it. she didn't care either. Back waching the ballgame now.

Who comes up with this stuff? Modern males of the younger generations walk around like a bunch of gay lumberjacks. Luckily it was close to the house. Wallked there and walked back out.

Didn't even have the ballgame on. I am gone. That was my motto.

SHR Football playoffs are expanding in 2024

ESPN Playoff Expansion

Still some details to work out with the committee, but with all the NY6 bowls now on board, the TV people on board, and the committee on board in principal... The football playoffs are going to 12 teams in 2024.

The format (according to the Sporting News) will be --
4 -- Highest ranked P5 conference champions
2 -- Additional conference champions (at least one will be a G5)
6 -- at-large, voted on by the committee

The top 4 must be "Conference Champions" meaning Notre Dame, or any other independent, or the second place team from the SEC can not get a top 4 ranking (and a first round bye). The top 4 teams will get to pick their first game (second round) venue in order of rank. Teams ranked 5-8 will host first round games. teams 9-12 will be on the road.

If this system were in place this year, here's how it would look based on this week's rankings...

1. Georgia (Bye) SEC Champ
2. Michigan (Bye) Big10 Champ
3. TCU (Bye) Big12 Champ
4. USC (Bye) PAC12 champ
5. Ohio State vs. 12. Tulane AAC Champ
6. Alabama vs. 11. Utah
7. Tennessee vs. 10. Kansas State
8. Penn State vs. 9. Clemson ACC Champ

It's a good thing we got to 8 wins

We were already denied a waiver.

The oversight committee also denied a waiver to Army, which was hoping to count two wins vs. FSC opponents toward bowl eligibility. Earlier in the season, the committee denied a similar waiver request by Marshall and Appalachian State. Marshall did reach bowl eligibility, but Appalachian State fell a win shy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT