ADVERTISEMENT

$2.00 Bills, Pitt Game and Economic Stupidity

Well the answer is obviously cities have both their nice and not so nice areas. And what's the deal with Gary Indiana? That city has been uniformly panned by almost everyone who's traveled to or through it. Never been but it must be the pit of the earth.

I was in San Fran a couple weeks ago, the filth was amazing for such a high class city.

See I judge by my eyes not from some BS List
Interesting. I live here so myself, coupled with many "lists," disagree with you.

People I work with said it used to be worst until they implemented the No plastic bags program

Plastic bags weren't laying around the city and made it unclean Lol. Speaking of the plastic ban, SF outlawed them in '07 and it is still the only city in America to do so.

And as for Gary Indiana...that's what happens when you open a pool hall. (Or is that River City, Iowa? Lol)

Most here won't remember this but a few years back Marshall would attend the Southern Conference tournament and everyone that drove down to Ashville went to the bank and got 2.00 bills to spend when they were out the days and nights surrounding the tournament.

In that vein of thinking why don't we do the same at Pitt? I'd speculate we bring up to 8000 fans to that game, each spending an average of 200.00 per day, which would stimulate the local Pennsylvania economy by 1.6 million dollars.

It's not that Pittsburgh needs it, it's more to demonstrate 3 things to a valued P5 ACC opponent.

1. Marshall fans travel well and spend well, and all ACC teams will find a quality fan base, and opponent that's worthy of doing home and home series with.

2. West Virginia a state that could use a 1.6 million dollar infusion of cash wont get it due to the stupidity of the ex AD at west Va. u that left them on probation,and that same school may rethink their game stance when state residents hear ( if they hear, gazette doesn't report some things) that well quite frankly Marshall is doing great things for other schools out side of WV and also great things for other states. Gross total loss for the state would actually be 3.2 million since the monies bolster Pennsylvania's economy and reduces WVs by exactly that 1.6 million.

3. It's fun! Yes I was a part , and it was really great once the bartenders and servers caught on to what was happening and it made for great conversation with the local residents. I think the Pittsburgh people would enjoy it too as would Pitt. Possibly to the point another game with them could be scheduled in the future.

My father in law still talks about the $2 thing all the time. I think it's hilarious. Great idea. I would if participated but that was before my time associated with MU.

Careful, you're heading back into show tune territory. Herdman will not be pleased.

I know. I certainly don't want trouble right her in River City.
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool,
That stands for pool.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in River City,

I know. I certainly don't want trouble right her in River City.
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool,
That stands for pool.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in River City,

Beautiful!!! Robert Preston was great in the film version along with a young Shirley Jones who was absolutely spectacular.

Forget the $2's go get yourself a roll of susan B's and piss everyone that runs a cash drawer off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT