ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Team in the nation...

Jul 9, 2009
beats Purdue by 3. We beat Purdue by 10. I'm not saying we should be ranked in the Top 10, but shouldn't we at least be in the Top 25?

Reactions: HerdLover
Okay, perhaps that was a little bit over-zealous. How about. "Shouldn't we be getting some attention from voters...even if it means 10 to 20 points in the AP or Coaches"?

Okay, perhaps that was a little bit over-zealous. How about. "Shouldn't we be getting some attention from voters...even if it means 10 to 20 points in the AP or Coaches"?

That would mean to get those points, somebody would have had to place us inside their top 25. No way we can justify a vote.

yWFFfo2.jpg

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, it has clouded your judgement. There is a long standing tradition on this board to compare scores to justify positions or make certain points.

I'm not sure Marshall is among the top 50-60 teams in the country based on what I've seen to date.

We aren't anywhere close to a top 25 team.. I'm going to be honest, I personally don't think we are a very good football team at all RIGHT NOW.. I say right now because I think this is a team that will get better and be playing our best in November and December.. Beating ODU 27-7 was not impressive granted their TD was a gimmie and we left points on the field, but our offense isn't anywhere near where it needs to be at the moment for me to feel like any game other than Charlotte and perhaps North Texas are sure things.. The good thing is our defense is good enough that I think it gives us a chance to win just about every game left as well.

But, trying to say we are a top 25 team because Purdue played MSU tough is absurd for many reasons the first of which is that MSU isn't a THAT good of a football team.. Way overrated if you ask me.. Only "good" win is Oregon and that has since been exposed by Utah as not being that good of a win. Plus Purdue has made a change at QB and the new kid seems to be much better than Appleby, so I think the Boilers have improved some since we played them.

Reactions: beefcake0520
we are becoming a solid team but doubt we will sniff any top 25 votes this season. PS check back next season I really think we make it.

we are becoming a solid team but doubt we will sniff any top 25 votes this season. PS check back next season I really think we make it.

I wouldn't call us solid, but that's just me. We have issues on offense for sure.

Rankings are all a joke anyway. Look at WVU for example. They had played no one up until Sooners and were ranked 23rd. Do you think if we had the same schedule that consisted of a GA South and Liberty bashing that we would have sniffed a top 25 ranking? Not a chance. All about the conference you play in.

we are NOT a good football team. we are profiting from the weakest schedule in FBS..

Rankings are all a joke anyway. Look at WVU for example. They had played no one up until Sooners and were ranked 23rd. Do you think if we had the same schedule that consisted of a GA South and Liberty bashing that we would have sniffed a top 25 ranking? Not a chance. All about the conference you play in.

So do you like computer generated polls better? I noticed WVU was ranked No.23 this week in the Massey ratings. I guess the computers are more impressed by Georgia Southern and Liberty than you are. Lol!

SOS is 116 and it's a joke. Are we a "good" football team? Not yet, we aren't complete that's for certain. Ohio provedthat for us and KSU nearly did the same.

SOS is 116 and it's a joke. Are we a "good" football team? Not yet, we aren't complete that's for certain. Ohio provedthat for us and KSU nearly did the same.

4-1 and 3-0 with a True Freshman QB and our top 2 RBs injured and our star OL injured with a ton of inexperience all over the second team for both offense and defense. And you say we aren't good?? Man what more can a team do??

Reactions: beefcake0520
People really need to stop looking at the SOS and look at the product on the field for us.

How many teams with a SOS 100 and lower have the same or similar records to us??

Just to name a few: SOS based off Sagarian

MU 4-1 with SOS of 158
Ohio 4-1 with SOS of 116
Chattanooga 3-1 SOS 160
Georgia Southern 4-1 SOS 126
Syracuse 3-1 SOS 114
Temple 4-0 SOS 100
Penn State 4-1 SOS 104
Memphis 5-0 SOS 112
NC State 4-1 SOS 129
Baylor 4-0 SOS 122
Miami (The U) 4-1 SOS 103
Houston 4-0 SOS 121

Just as a comparison:
FCS Montana is 3-2 with 157 ranked SOS
Stony Brook is 2-2 with 159 ranked schedule. And that does not include a cancelled game vs ranked Toledo.
With this schedule, 4-1 is kind of shitty. And we've looked just as bad Clawing to a win vs Kent state, 20 point win over ODU after getting throttled by App State,

Reactions: Trebel06
Does Chattanoga play 1A ball?? I missed that news.

Now list all 1A schools and compare again.

Marine what is your definition of a good football team??

being 4-1, 3-0 with a True Freshman QB who is still learning the offense and getting into Rythem with his WRs and playing without the Top 3 backs(Johnson, Butler, Watson) and a OL that is still a work in progress has the making of a good team to me.

Fool, Sagarian ranks all teams and schedules in FBS and FCS. That's why it ranks from 1-253. Question is do we play 1 A ball? What's even sadder, Youngstown State and Illinois State ranked 75,78 are ahead of Marshall at 79. Our highest ranked opponent is Ohio at 80.

Not playing a schedule weaker than FCS schools, and playing down to your opponents. Not falling flat against a hated rival, clawing out a 2 OT win against the 150th ranked team in the land

Fool, Sagarian ranks all teams and schedules in FBS and FCS. That's why it ranks from 1-253. Question is do we play 1 A ball? What's even sadder, Youngstown State and Illinois State ranked 75,78 are ahead of Marshall at 79. Our highest ranked opponent is Ohio at 80.

Hey fool, I know that but again this is 1A ball and I only speak about 1A teams

The point is fever, 1AA teams have a higher SOS than us which is sad. And even sadder, two are ranked higher, but tell us how great we are some more please.

Im content with 4-1, 3-0 with a True Freshman QB and I know things can only go up. We are not in a doom and gloom state like Marine. I mean we could have lose 3 straight with a true freshman at QB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT