ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Team in the nation...

The point is fever, 1AA teams have a higher SOS than us which is sad. And even sadder, two are ranked higher, but tell us how great we are some more please.

Sure 4-1, 3-0 with a Freshman QB. At this point in the season I could care less what rankings say

SOS is not an indicator of how good a team is.

Your record is, so lets recap Marshall's record again

4-1, 3-0 with a True freshman at QB 1-0 in the conference

I am not saying we are a Top 25 team, but under the right given circumstances we could give a lot of Top 25 teams a lot to worry about...or get completely manhandled.

We have a top 25 defense? We have the 158th ranked schedule, I'd say it's premature to say we have a top 25 anything until we play a team with a pulse, which we really only have three left to play.

Michael Payton could suit up right now against ODU, NSU, and KSU and pull out wins. They are three of the worse teams in CFB. I don't get the chest thumping regarding being 4-1 against this schedule considering how sloppy we've looked on offense

I'm not from New York fever, thank god. As for where I live, I'd take buffalo over the cess pool, high tax, dirty ass city your'e in right now.

I'm not from New York fever, thank god. As for where I live, I'd take buffalo over the cess pool, high tax, dirty ass city your'e in right now.

1. I don't live in NYC, 30 mins away but I don't live in the 5 boros

2. Nobody in their right mind would take Buffalo over NYC or any other city in the country

3. 4-1, 3-0 with a TRUE FRESHMAN QB. Let that sink into your head how important that is especially the 3-0 with a True Freshman starting at QB

Portland Oregon ranks as the most depressed, suicidal city per Bloomberg. Do you ever research anything or do you just say stupid random shit? No wonder rifle had his way with you so many times.
Fvck NYC that place is an absolute shithole, from Albany south is a horrific place to live.
158th ranked SOS, I would hope a Doc Holiday recruited QB would be 4-1 and 3-0 with that schedule.

Once again, Nobody in their right mind would choose Buffalo NY, a City that almost lost the only worth shit in the city over NYC.

And once again Marshall is 4-1, 3-0 with a True Freshman at QB. How many teams with a true freshman can boast that record??

@Herd Fever will think we are very good until the team proves him wrong.
@Marine03 will think we aren't very good until the team proves him wrong.

There's nothing wrong with either philosophy. Neither is going to change the others mind. Can we be done now?

Are we a good team? Well its too hard to define what a good team is. If our offense gets on track and gels a bit, yes we will be a good well rounded team. Right now we are marginal good, meaning yes we can win games but we do not dominate. It seems that a lot of herd faithful have forgotten the years of just hoping for whatever bowl we could qualify for. To be honest, with so many injuries to key players and young players playing in their place, that is all we should expect this year. Litton is going to be another good QB coming out of here, but he is going to have his moments this year of good and bad, and the bad may cost us, while the good will enlighten us. Right now I am predicting a record of 9-3, with a possible 10 win season pending a bowl. I hope we do better than that, but that may be asking a bit much.

Now to go on about strength of schedule, its way to early to be harping on something like that. Kent St. has a top ten defense but ranks how low again overall?? Yeah makes all kinds of sense doesn't it. Litton was under pressure the whole game and did "ok" for a freshman and found a way to win, which means a whole hell of a lot. Ohio is Ohio, they are a tough team most years and I honestly believe the MAC east will come down to Kent and Ohio. Seeing them both ranked where they are is a complete joke, as is most S and massey rankings. They both went into Minnesota and should have won. We played both games away. Purdue, while not that great in their conference, would contend in our conference. They may yet surprise some with unexpected wins. Our schedule will improve the more those three keep on keepin on. If you cant see that, I am not sure what to tell any of you. Spot checking this at this time of year is extremely silly. No one in our conference has a defense as tough as Kent St. was, and Ohio caught us on a bad night, which is likely to happen again at some point.

Long way around on answering a question, but my answer is marginally good G-5 team. My hope is that we can get things clicking before facing MTSU and WKY, I really do not want any of those representing the East as we are the only Old Guard left in the East. Get the O going and we go from marginally good to good-very good.

I agree with both Fever and Marine.. Marine is right in that as of right now we aren't a very good team.. But, Fever is also right in that despite our issues we are 4-1 and have the makings to be a good team when it's all said and done

I don't know where Marine was between 2004-2012 but after suffering for 8 years, Ill take our record over anything right now.

And even the Ohio game, Our defense showed up and our offense with a different QB who wasn't as good as advertised didn't show up. We have Litton in that game and we would probably be undefeated again this year

Rosen was also the best HS player to come out this year.

Congrats in comparing the #1 HS recruit to a true freshman that didn't play a single snap of football in almost 2 years.

What are you going to say if we beat Southern Miss this weekend??

I am sure you wasn't expecting us to blow out everyone this year. At the end of the game the only stat that matters to me is we have atleast 1 point more than our opponent. I don't care if we win every game by 1..........We won

Reactions: Trebel06
That wasn't your statement or question was it? You asked I answered and once again facts prove you to be incorrect, as normal. Check the prediction thread, I predicted a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT