ADVERTISEMENT

6 heading into Frisco

Aaron Coleman

Bronze Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2018
They were picked #11 before the season started, finished #6.

They play an exciting style of basketball and even though they kind of frustrate you at times, they make it interesting. Dan deserves some credit for this group exceeding expectations.

Solid game today, wasn't the best last 5 minutes, but a win is a win. With Williams and Beyers stepping up, they are more dangerous. Kinsey is taking control(despite having a bit of an off night tonight) and it'll be great to see his development as a junior and senior. Good to see multiple guys in double figures and playing team basketball. Look for a podcast Tuesday afternoon/evening on the basketball team before the tournament starts on Wednesday. Winning 4 out of 5 gives these young guys some momentum that we didn't expect in mid January.

Look for a Podcast on spring football next week. Lots of questions, will they be answered in time for ECU on August 29, we shall see.

Also a good day for softball and baseball as they won today.

Go Herd! Talk to you on here and in the podcasts.

They were picked #11 before the season started, finished #6.

They play an exciting style of basketball and even though they kind of frustrate you at times, they make it interesting. Dan deserves some credit for this group exceeding expectations.

Solid game today, wasn't the best last 5 minutes, but a win is a win. With Williams and Beyers stepping up, they are more dangerous. Kinsey is taking control(despite having a bit of an off night tonight) and it'll be great to see his development as a junior and senior. Good to see multiple guys in double figures and playing team basketball. Look for a podcast Tuesday afternoon/evening on the basketball team before the tournament starts on Wednesday. Winning 4 out of 5 gives these young guys some momentum that we didn't expect in mid January.

Look for a Podcast on spring football next week. Lots of questions, will they be answered in time for ECU on August 29, we shall see.

Also a good day for softball and baseball as they won today.

Go Herd! Talk to you on here and in the podcasts.
Actually if Charlotte loses we will finish the regular season higher than 6th. Sixth is just our seed. And Charlotte is getting spanked right now 44-19. But yes far from 11th like predicted and brought up on this board like it was set in stone.

Actually if Charlotte loses we will finish the regular season higher than 6th. Sixth is just our seed. And Charlotte is getting spanked right now 44-19. But yes far from 11th like predicted and brought up on this board like it was set in stone.
......careful, there, island, you are risking triggering DEFCON 1.....good win Herd!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

True story. 6 is just the seed. Thanks for that input. Like we said, far cry from 11th place.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
True story. 6 is just the seed. Thanks for that input. Like we said, far cry from 11th place.
last year we finished with the second best record. This year the 4th. Both years we are seeded 6th. Thanks to the pod system. Our AD voted to continue it next year. Per Judy in an interview last Sunday, it will be continued

Very sad vote, IMHO. Here's why; it takes the chance of beating better teams at the end of the year when it could help you get into the CBI or CIT; which we learned last year really do matter.

last year we finished with the second best record. This year the 4th. Both years we are seeded 6th. Thanks to the pod system. Our AD voted to continue it next year. Per Judy in an interview last Sunday, it will be continued

Yet the League still struggles to get the same amount of media exposure as that many lesser conferences including within the State that of the Mountain East Conference (a D-II League). Pathetic!!!

Honest to God I would bet he voted to continue it because Danny has said he’s not a fan of it.

UNC Charlotte got spanked by La Tech 66-43.

The Herd & UNC----Concord
finished 10-8, however, the 49ers get the nod with their 2-point win over The HERD in Huntington, Jan. 16.

Looking back on the season...MU hurt them selves with close losses: N Texas 67-64 [Huntington], Jan 4; WKU 64-60, Jan 22 [Huntington]; @ WKU, 91-84 [Jan 25]...and at UAB, 88-80, Jan 27,

The Herd had a history of leading at the half, only to FOLD in the second period....for example, Saturday at UTSA......Blew a 12-point lead at the half and HELD on for dear life for the win, 82--77.

HerdZilla22!

The Herd & UNC----Concord finished 10-8, however, the 49ers get the nod with their 2-point win over The HERD in Huntington, Jan. 16.

Looking back on the season...MU hurt them selves with close losses: N Texas 67-64 [Huntington], Jan 4; WKU 64-60, Jan 22 [Huntington]; @ WKU, 91-84 [Jan 25]...and at UAB, 88-80, Jan 27,

The Herd had a history of leading at the half, only to FOLD in the second period....for example, Saturday at UTSA......Blew a 12-point lead at the half and HELD on for dear life for the win, 82--77.

HerdZilla22!
Actually a 19 point lead in the second half but I’ll take the win!

HZ - how many times does it take to get it? Your statement is completely false!
Read....very.....carefully:

Herd, in Pod II, could finish no higher than 6th seed. Charlotte, in Pod I, could finish no worse than 5th seed (They grabbed the 4/opening round bye). FIU ends up #5, because, in Pod I, the worst they could finish was 5th. Reg season records don’t matter, (except for tie-breakers inside the group) as each Pod held it’s own “bonus” tourney.
Herd faces Miners @ 10 eastern on Wednesday & if we win LaTech in the evening session Thursday....

http://conferenceusa.com/documents/2020/3/7/2020_MBB_Bracket.pdf?id=13944?ismobile=true

Before the season my prediction was 16-15... Our guys didn't get there necessarily the way I thought they would, but they got there. Beat UTEP and guarantee a winning season, then hopefully pull an upset the next day and see what happens. That's the great thing about college basketball.

This was basketball's "rebuilding year" after losing Elmore and Burks and they have showed some good things – Improvement from game 1 to game 30, consistently high effort, individual improvement from the underclassmen, etc. Hopefully MU finishes on a positive note in Frisco and continues to build going into next year (where the expectations will be significantly higher than 16-15).

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Very sad vote, IMHO. Here's why; it takes the chance of beating better teams at the end of the year when it could help you get into the CBI or CIT; which we learned last year really do matter.

The pod system is idiotic, but the way you “get into the CBI or CIT” is you write a check.

......Looking @ the bracket:

N Texas looks to have a pretty doable path the finals in the upper bracket.

We are in the lower bracket, and assuming we can get past UTEP, we draw #3 La Tech. That's gonna be a toughie. We did get them in our house by 4, so we know it can be done. They have been playing well, and have won 5 out of their last 6, incl 3-1 in Pod I. Getting to Friday will be a tall test for sure. If we get to the semis, we will most likely get a shot at the Tops. I like our depth vs WKU. Of course, they have been playing 6 guys most of the season, and it has worked out well for them. Our 3rd game in 3 days. I don't see WKU winning 3 in 3 with 6 guys. Go HERD!

......Looking @ the bracket:

N Texas looks to have a pretty doable path the finals in the upper bracket.

We are in the lower bracket, and assuming we can get past UTEP, we draw #3 La Tech. That's gonna be a toughie. We did get them in our house by 4, so we know it can be done. They have been playing well, and have won 5 out of their last 6, incl 3-1 in Pod I. Getting to Friday will be a tall test for sure. If we get to the semis, we will most likely get a shot at the Tops. I like our depth vs WKU. Of course, they have been playing 6 guys most of the season, and it has worked out well for them. Our 3rd game in 3 days. I don't see WKU winning 3 in 3 with 6 guys. Go HERD!

Matchup-wise, being the 6 seed is okay... UTEP is a good matchup for us and we do have a win over La. Tech and our style seems to give them trouble... The worst matchup in the league for Marshall is WKU, but if we make it that far Im sure the coaches will figure out a way to throw the kitchen sink at them and hope for the best.

Matchup-wise, being the 6 seed is okay... UTEP is a good matchup for us and we do have a win over La. Tech and our style seems to give them trouble... The worst matchup in the league for Marshall is WKU, but if we make it that far Im sure the coaches will figure out a way to throw the kitchen sink at them and hope for the best.
I'm honestly not afraid of WKU. They have a good 6 players, but that's it. Their guard play is better than ours, but if we get good games from Williams/Beyers and Bennett/Goran can eat down low, I'd like to get into a bench battle with them.

Hollingsworth, Anderson, & Savage are a tough trio though.

Getting to Friday will be a tall test for sure. If we get to the semis, we will most likely get a shot at the Tops. I like our depth vs WKU. Of course, they have been playing 6 guys most of the season, and it has worked out well for them. Our 3rd game in 3 days. I don't see WKU winning 3 in 3 with 6 guys!
The Friday game would be the third game for Marshall, but just the second for WKU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT