ADVERTISEMENT

A expectional season from my seat.

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Not many years could the herd beat Kentucky. If Marshall shot well they could take down the cats. The Herd could beat WV too. Coach does have the boys running a good style of offense. Burks could lead this team if he had too. We are a good college team when they play hard.Wanna go dancing really bad.Best chance we have had in awhile to actually win the conference tourney. ESPN would talk about us because our first trip in awhile would be news. We will go wild when we get seeded after winning the tourney. Great recruiting tool. Thanks for a fun year.

I would say it was an A-. This team exceeded expectations given all that we lost from last year and the lack of our big man getting eligible.

They have proven they can beat the best in the conference, but went 2-4 against the best 3 teams. I believe our 4 seed in the tourney accurately reflects our standing in the conference.

Assuming Elmore comes back and the big men we have that will be eligible next year are as good as advertised, we should be a favorite to compete for the cusa regular season title.

I am very happy we have D’Antoni as our coach and like where the program is heading.

I would say it was an A-. This team exceeded expectations given all that we lost from last year and the lack of our big man getting eligible.

They have proven they can beat the best in the conference, but went 2-4 against the best 3 teams. I believe our 4 seed in the tourney accurately reflects our standing in the conference.

Assuming Elmore comes back and the big men we have that will be eligible next year are as good as advertised, we should be a favorite to compete for the cusa regular season title.

I am very happy we have D’Antoni as our coach and like where the program is heading.
Coach seems to be about as good as he could be at his age.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Not many years could the herd beat Kentucky. If Marshall shot well they could take down the cats.

Dude, please.

UK would wax the Herd by 20, because Cal is a gentleman and would play the actual students the second half. WVU would win by 50 because Thuggy is a POS and would never call off the dogs.

We have no official common opponents, but UK played 8-21 Morehead State in exhibition and won 92-67.

Please.

UK is having a mediocre year, by UK/SEC standards. If you changed the name on the front from Kentucky to, say, Georgia, they are probably a "bubble team". WV is having one of its best years ever, by WVU/"big" 12 standards. They are solidly a 4 or 5 seed. Both will probably be eliminated in the second weekend.

We are better than we have been in a while. That still is not really very good. We beat exactly five teams with winning records (21-10 Toledo, 16-15 Louisiana Tech, 24-6 MTSU twice, and a split with 19-12 UAB). Our two upset wins over MTSU got us 4th in a one-bid conference. Take those away and really we are 5th or 6th, which is what we are, behind the other teams with winning records in the league, all of which beat us solidly (22-9 WKU twice, 24-6 ODU twice, 18-15 UTSA, and a split with 19-12 UAB). That is who we are. With UAB and UTSA for the 4th, 5th, and 6th slots in a one-bid league with 6 teams that are above .500.

UK?

WVU?

Please.

I agree with Sam and came here for someone perspective who didn't sound like they where on drugs... Thank you sam.

This is my issue with many Marshall fans... the inability to take off the green glasses and see things for what it is. It was a decent to ok year. Nothing more, nothing less. Lets hope to build up on the success.

Hmmm, that rhymed.

Not many years could the herd beat Kentucky. If Marshall shot well they could take down the cats. The Herd could beat WV too. Coach does have the boys running a good style of offense. Burks could lead this team if he had too. We are a good college team when they play hard.Wanna go dancing really bad.Best chance we have had in awhile to actually win the conference tourney. ESPN would talk about us because our first trip in awhile would be news. We will go wild when we get seeded after winning the tourney. Great recruiting tool. Thanks for a fun year.

Thanks SISTERS
for your kind words. I know the TEAM appreciates FANS like you!

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Coach seems to be about as good as he could be at his age.

I am not sure why youngsters think being 70 years old makes one over the hill. Is it because you view your Dads or Grandfathers as being "older than dirt?" I will bet Dan is in better shape than 95% of the folks that post here. His birthday cake [same as mine] may have 70 candles...but we are two spry & cool senior citizens with a wealth of knowledge because we have "been to the woodshed" more times than we want to count. LOL!

HerdZilla22...just like wine....older can be better.

Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I can't handle together!

I am not sure why youngsters think being 70 years old makes one over the hill. Is it because you view your Dads or Grandfathers as being "older than dirt?" I will bet Dan is in better shape than 95% of the folks that post here. His birthday cake [same as mine] may have 70 candles...but we are two spry & cool senior citizens with a wealth of knowledge because we have "been to the woodshed" more times than we want to count. LOL!

HerdZilla22...just like wine....older can be better.

Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I can't handle together!
Ziller you are dead right. Dan is in better shape than most of us. I'm liking him better and better. He is intense but under control. You might be dead right about your friend Zilla. We could be on the verge of doing something great.

I agree with Sam and came here for someone perspective who didn't sound like they where on drugs... Thank you sam.

This is my issue with many Marshall fans... the inability to take off the green glasses and see things for what it is. It was a decent to ok year. Nothing more, nothing less. Lets hope to build up on the success.

Hmmm, that rhymed.

korun - you and Sam keep right on giving each other a daily “cold douche of reality” while the rest of us enjoy the ride we are on this season w/Herd basketball. You-all seem like the cool breeze types! Now go away.

Sisters did say if Marshall shot well. They would need to hit 20-24 3s to have a chance. Kentucky's front court would have its way.

WVU might be a better matchup. They have been susceptible to the wide open wing 3 but their depth and suffocating defense would create problems for the Herd's backcourt. Might be fun to watch the Peneva/Konate matchup.

Sisters did say if Marshall shot well. They would need to hit 20-24 3s to have a chance. Kentucky's front court would have its way.

WVU might be a better matchup. They have been susceptible to the wide open wing 3 but their depth and suffocating defense would create problems for the Herd's backcourt. Might be fun to watch the Peneva/Konate matchup.

Not sure that matchup would end well for Penava. Konate’s stool is probably bigger than Penava’s biceps.

UK does not play intercollegiate athletics in BB and Cartoon Cal is just another shoe company whore..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT