ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan is Collapsing, Embassy Personnel in Danger...

The biggest tragedy is that it isn’t centuries. It isn’t even century. There are people alive in Afghanistan that can remember women attending the universities in Kabul in mini skirts.

Then in the mid 70s a communist party was elected and tried to basically de-islamify things (while also doing commie things) and part of the country lost its shit. The Soviets came in to help the commies, we took the only other side, which was the Islamic fanatical guerrilas. We’re probably still getting shot at by guns we gave them.

Same with Iran pre-1979.

miss_iran_finalists_78.jpg

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Anyone consider the majority of Afghanis actually WANT the Taliban in charge?

We trained troops there for almost 20 years...cities are falling without a shot being fired.

Of course.
This might ultimately end up being a good thing, because now if they **** with us, we can blow up a country, as opposed to chasing the men in black all over mountain tops and ridges.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
Anyone consider the majority of Afghanis actually WANT the Taliban in charge?

We trained troops there for almost 20 years...cities are falling without a shot being fired.

Of course.
I am just guessing, but I am not sure the Afghans know what they want. Seems to be a very tribal place and regional. Like West Virginia but more prehistoric so to speak. This town or county does it this way. Northern WV is different than southern WV. The easter and northern panhandles are not even like the same state.

• Haha
This might ultimately end up being a good thing, because now if they **** with us, we can blow up a country, as opposed to chasing the men in black all over mountain tops and ridges.
bout time to revisit tactical nuclear strike option Col. David Hackworth might have been right after 9-11. He said we would be there 20 years and lose thousands.

Should we bring back the tactical nuclear strike thread. I remember those crazy women and some other dudes went bizerk on me about leaving that as an option to the USA. hahaha

I am just guessing, but I am not sure the Afghans know what they want. Seems to be a very tribal place and regional. Like West Virginia but more prehistoric so to speak. This town or county does it this way. Northern WV is different than southern WV. The easter and northern panhandles are not even like the same state.
While it is a tribal nation, there is one common thread....and that is Islam. 99.7% Muslim, and 90% of them are Sunni.

Perhaps Afghanistan would have been better off staying a monarchy.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
While it is a tribal nation, there is one common thread....and that is Islam. 99.7% Muslim, and 90% of them are Sunni.

Perhaps Afghanistan would have been better off staying a monarchy.
We should have just bombed the place and made it a testing range for bombers and said how is Allah doing?

Reactions: Jartard
We should have just bombed the place and made it a testing range for bombers and said how is Allah doing?
We should have just done the job and GTFO.

I have been SMH at these Republicans criticizing Biden here. They all got behind the America First dude, dude said we were getting out, and Biden got in and followed through on the agreement. "The poor Afghani people!" Bullshit. We never cared about them. All we did was pad the bank accounts of contractors for 20 fvcking years.

Reactions: extragreen
We should have just done the job and GTFO.

I have been SMH at these Republicans criticizing Biden here. They all got behind the America First dude, dude said we were getting out, and Biden got in and followed through on the agreement. "The poor Afghani people!" Bullshit. We never cared about them. All we did was pad the bank accounts of contractors for 20 fvcking years.
I think the concern is we are heading back in or will be going back in. Also, remember Trump wanted an early time table with conditions. hell, his Generals kept making reasons not too. BIden, gave the taliban time to run and gain ground, gave up the airfields, etc. Here we are. Let's just hope it goes ok. I am somewhat concerned that it doesn't go well.

Last edited:
Don’t worry the Biden admin and un asked the taliban nicely not to destroy the embassy and stop executing people. I’m sure that will suffice and lead to a lasting peace accord

Last edited:
I have been SMH at these Republicans criticizing Biden here. They all got behind the America First dude, dude said we were getting out, and Biden got in and followed through on the agreement. "The poor Afghani people!"

I think you are showing more than a little political bias here. Trump bad on Afghanistan but Biden good??? We should have learned from the Russians' losing proposition against the Mujahideen in the 1980s but evidently didn't. Many conservatives, and not the G.W. Bush kind, have questioned our involvement in Afghanistan for some time. Obama kicked the can down the road for 8 years. Trump at least negotiated from a position of strength which the Taliban likely respected and knew there would be consequences. With today's CIC and military brass more concerned with hurt feelings than the Taliban, we are no longer looked at with respect or fear. And with no fear of reprisals the Taliban is running amuck now.

I think Pat Buchanan has consistently been spot on regarding some of our foreign policies. Here is his take on Afghanistan circa 2009.

Still technically correct

Technically they are idiots. 90 days to 72 hours??? Couldn't come up with a more realistic initial estimate??? Military ntelligence??? Didn't see that coming???

We no longer demand or even expect excellence from a lot of areas of our society, including the military (leadership - we have a lot of excellent soldiers - we just don't support them like we should).

open-graph.jpg

Tehran circa 1979 and Jimmy Carter's watch.

131009-black-hawk-down-tease-NEW_f4ummw.jpg

Mogadishu circa 1993 and Bill Clinton's watch.

160628-benghazi-consulate-flames-1207p.jpg

Benghazi circa 2012 and Obama's and Biden's watch.

History unfortunately does seem to repeat itself. When will we ever learn??? Oh well, we at least learned to burn the US flags before we let the barbarians inside the gates...😥

At least Biden can avoid the optic of the US flag being stomped, torn and burned in the streets of Kabul...😡
The embassy will just be torched on sept 11. I’m sure that will play better than any flag burning

He may not know what’s going on but he sure has been apart of it for the last 20 years

Here is the part of the deal. We have to keep that airport open, for a bit. We need it to get people in(troops) in order to get the people out. Maybe that goes ok. We get it and get the people out and it goes ok.

However, we may have to take that airport. Or, some Tailiban loyalist or Taliban decide to start taking shots at our guys. Or stuff just goes bad quickly.

Right now we are getting infantry and special operations in there to secure the area and get the folks out. I would imagine this is not easy and complex.

We have a sizeable reserve force(not the Reserves but troops waiting) waiting in case it goes bad.

If it sparks off it may just get ugly real quick. That's my concern.

We cannot expect our men to go in there and be targets because some numbnuts in DC have done what they have done. This was just a cluster screw.

My opinion, giving up a perimeter around the Kabul and that airport was a major cluster screw.

This has to be a major intelligence failure of the highest level and who came up with this plan?

Just hope it doesn't spark off because if it does, well here we go again.

Also, my heart goes out the veterans who served over there.. Watching this unfold has to be a gut punch for some of them. You all did your job and did it well.

Furthermore, why the Taliban was doing this and preparing for it, out Woke Join CHiefs of Staff were kissing congressional members collective ass and talking about critical race theory and reading books on such matters.

Sirs, how about you all do your job and get the right intel and provide the right guidance and get back to developing and maintain a fighting machine.

Glad you were worried about a fort around the capital to protect queen Nancy and the ilk while this mess was brewing.

Just pure horses hockey. You all screwed this up and you are lead by a Mushed Brain derelict with memory failure.

Furthermore, why the Taliban was doing this and preparing for it, out Woke Join CHiefs of Staff were kissing congressional members collective ass and talking about critical race theory and reading books on such matters.

Sirs, how about you all do your job and get the right intel and provide the right guidance and get back to developing and maintain a fighting machine.

Glad you were worried about a fort around the capital to protect queen Nancy and the ilk while this mess was brewing.

Just pure horses hockey. You all screwed this up and you are lead by a Mushed Brain derelict with memory failure.
You're an idiot and oath breaker.

You're an idiot and oath breaker.
this is a complete debacle. It is not even about leaving Afghanistan. It is about the way they have handled it. Just a complete intelligence failure and planning failure.

I was down in Fayetteville today. Lots of good folks have left there and likely more on the way.

Can we agree that we both hope this doesn't turn out bad?

Reactions: Jartard
this is a complete debacle. It is not even about leaving Afghanistan. It is about the way they have handled it. Just a complete intelligence failure and planning failure.

I was down in Fayetteville today. Lots of good folks have left there and likely more on the way.

Can we agree that we both hope this doesn't turn out bad?
Airborne!

Reactions: HerdFan76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT