ADVERTISEMENT

And so the politics start:

Translation:
"Working harder and being even better is a loser mentality son. Let daddy try and fix it for you by crying to a little league president about "fairness", or lets take our ball and go home." Signed, a "marine".

Your suggestion shows why your daughter is making dean's list at ITT. Marine's son works hard, is better than the others, and is deserving of the selection. But due to politics/unfairness/letting it go, he doesn't get selected.

Your suggestion is to just work harder and become even better. How the fvck is that a way to make politics/unfairness disappear? He could work harder than every other player over the next year and become the best player on the team instead of the third best, and politics/unfairness could still keep him on the bench.

Your theory is just to allow unfairness to continue and hope that a better effort next time will make it better. Hell of a theory to portray for your children: "hey, kids, everything is out of our hands and will take too much of a fight and too much energy to make right, so just continue to work harder and hope you don't get fvcked again . . . if you do, well, just work harder again."

It’s essentially instructing your child to focus on what they have the ability to control....their effort and work. Don’t get caught up in what others are saying or doing “to you”. Do the work, get better, opportunities will be abundant. (Only a real moron wouldn’t understand this concept).

That's not reality. If you allow yourself to get fvcked and don't stand up for yourself, you will get fvcked.

Marine/his son DO have the ability to control this.

This is why you're a moron (amongst many other reasons): people enjoy the banter on here when it comes to politics, etc.. People know who aligns with whom. But this has nothing to do with that. You're making absurdly stupid arguments and advice simply to play against Marine.

How does your team automatically get 5 placements? I don't get that part. If your team alone gets 5 placements how many kids are on the all start team? Is that 5 names the other coaches vote on?

Read slower. Due to the team's high finish in the regular season, they get a certain number of all stars. The higher the finish, the more players you are allowed on the all star team.

The five placements/names are voted on by the kids. Christ.

Teaching a child the importance of patience is pretty important. The league afforded him a great opportunity by letting him play with the older kids this season. That will be extremely beneficial for him as he continues playing. Due to the experience, and the talent you say he has, he'll likely be the best 9 year old in the league next year, maybe one of the best players in the league. He will be an all star then.

The league afforded him "a great opportunity" by allowing him to play up? We can only go on what Marine said. He stated that the coach of the team asked his son to play on his team because the coach knew a talented player would help his team's chances of winning. It wasn't some philanthropic move by the league to be nice guys to the kid.

"Due to the experience?" Odd, other less deserving kids will be experiencing a lot more baseball being able to play all stars and continue improving. His son won't be able to experience more baseball and improve. That's not experience. It's the complete opposite.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Marine,

Go to the league and ask why your son is not eligible for the teamates to vote on him. Have them show you in the rules or bylaws where players who play up are ineligible for the All Star team. If you are charted through an organization such as Little League. Cal Ripken, etc. make sure it is not against their rules as well.

Go in diplomatically and tell them all you are is asking for him to be eligible for the vote. If they can't show you the rule that states against it then, say he needs to be put up for the vote by teammates.

FYI, it is bizarre the let players vote on who gets an All Star nod.

Read slower. Due to the team's high finish in the regular season, they get a certain number of all stars. The higher the finish, the more players you are allowed on the all star team.

The five placements/names are voted on by the kids. Christ.

The league afforded him "a great opportunity" by allowing him to play up? We can only go on what Marine said. He stated that the coach of the team asked his son to play on his team because the coach knew a talented player would help his team's chances of winning. It wasn't some philanthropic move by the league to be nice guys to the kid.

"Due to the experience?" Odd, other less deserving kids will be experiencing a lot more baseball being able to play all stars and continue improving. His son won't be able to experience more baseball and improve. That's not experience. It's the complete opposite.
I understand that, sir. But why in the hell would a team get 5 players? Even if they did finish in second? Doesn't mean they have 5 all star caliber players. I have seen shitty teams they had a few, all stars but had bad players around them. They get blocked out because a team finishes in second? does first place get 6? Between the first and second place team you already have 10 guys on your all star team. That is stupid.

Plus, who the hell lets kids vote on it?

I think most leagues have an arbitration panel that look at stuff like this. I know ours did I was on it for a season.

You inquire about making him eligible for the 8 year old all star team (if they have that).

If they don’t, you first express your concerns to the coach (ie don’t make him ineligible because x, y, z reason). Don’t go above him first until you talk with him first. If that goes no where you go higher up.

No matter the outcome I don’t think you pull your kid off the team. It’s hard for an 8 year old to understand “politics,” and it’s not really what happens, but they may perceive it as “we didn’t get our way so we quit.” You play out the year then find a different league or team next year.

If your kid is this good this young and you live in a smaller town you’re going to be dealing with these same group of athletically inclined kids and parents for years across different sports. It’s ok to complain about your present situation but don’t burn major bridges or come out looking like an as* .

That's not reality. If you allow yourself to get fvcked and don't stand up for yourself, you will get fvcked

The reality is that some things are worth fighting and some things aren’t.

The other reality is some seem to attract those that will try and continually fvck them over (Taz/Rangers), while others don’t have such an issue.

In this case, I think Marine03 has the right to contact the coach and express concern over the decision. He has the right to ask the coach to reconsider. Would I personally contact the Prez of league to whine about my 8 yr old not being eligible.? No. Its a 9-11 year old (LITTLE LEAGUE) all star team. (No one is really getting “fvcked over” here.). Would “quitting” be an option if I didn’t get my way? Hell no. (What would quitting, like Marine was considering, teaching his kid??)

Turns out he was voted in and made it on his own accord. I never had to say a word or step in. I suppose the coach thought better of it or caught wind of the shitshow he was about to stir. Not surprised that rifle is one of the few on here who understands this whole concept, and he doesn’t even have kids. The rest of you morons I hope you either stop reproducing or have your nuts clipped so you never can.

Reactions: ohio herd
Turns out he was voted in and made it on his own accord. I never had to say a word or step in. I suppose the coach thought better of it or caught wind of the shitshow he was about to stir. Not surprised that rifle is one of the few on here who understands this whole concept, and he doesn’t even have kids. The rest of you morons I hope you either stop reproducing or have your nuts clipped so you never can.

Says the guy who was considering having his son quit a little league team. May I suggest an all star hat for their uniform??

Why-Men-Aren%E2%80%99t-Speaking-Up-About-the-MeToo-Movement4.jpg

Reactions: Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM
what did i do wrong? I never said a bad word at all.

How does your team automatically get 5 placements? I don't get that part. If your team alone gets 5 placements how many kids are on the all start team? Is that 5 names the other coaches vote on?

You said he leads in stolen bases and RBI's. What is OBP and batting average? What position does he play and what is his arm like? How is his fielding? Can he play multiple positions?

.556 and .733 in AAU 10 U Travel Ball
Little League he starts at SS and plays mostly infield. AAU Ball he starts at RF but is going to take over as starting Catcher tomorrow. He pitches for both teams as well. He has a really good arm

Reactions: i am herdman
The reality is that some things are worth fighting and some things aren’t.

Agreed. But rolling over and playing dead by telling your son "well, work harder and maybe we won't get fvcked next year, but if we do, we will just work harder again" is asinine. Marine can argue why he should be given an opportunity to be voted on and/or take it to the next level (president of the league) if his son isn't given that fair opportunity.

Neither of those things are out-of-line.

The other reality is some seem to attract those that will try and continually fvck them over (Taz/Rangers), while others don’t have such an issue.

Some are just too cowardly to stand up for themselves and others. They simply accept that "life isn't fair" and move on. Bullshit. Life isn't fair, many times, because others are doing something wrong. You're too much of a pussy to stand up for yourself or others who are being wronged. It's much easier to just let it go and allow those unfair things to continue to happen.

That's why you are a Republican and a moron.

Pretty much agree with what Banker said. His time will come. This is an instant gratification age, I want it now or not at all. This is a good life lesson for him and he will appreciate all stars all the more next year.

I always said the worst thing about youth sports were the parents. Not directed at Marine but my God their are some delusional parents out there. Let the kids play and don’t make it the end all be all of life. At least not when they are young. Too many parents living through their kids success or failures. Nuts!

Poor poor democrats. Always someone picking on you guys and taking advantage of you.

No. That comment was related to allowing unfair things to happen to those who don't have the power/ability to change those things.

Look at all of the disenfranchised groups in this country. Which party is the one continuously fighting to get them equality? Which party is either the one making it unfair or blocking the pursuit of equality? Ask all of the experts at your Monday lunch for help if you can't figure it out.

Look at all of the disenfranchised groups in this country. Which party is the one continuously fighting to get them equality?

You’re reinforcing my point. The “disenfranchised” groups always seem to be democrats.

Poor poor democrats. Always getting picked on. Always victimized. Always getting screwed over.

If it were me I would talk to the coach. I would say something like , okay he isn't eligible for this team how bout you talk to the 8 yr old squad coach so he can get some more playing time this year. After all he is plenty good enough for the 8 yr old team

You’re reinforcing my point. The “disenfranchised” groups always seem to be democrats.

Poor poor democrats. Always getting picked on. Always victimized. Always getting screwed over.

You're proving the point most on here already know: you're a simpleton.

Why do you think the disenfranchised groups always seem to be Democrats? It's because the Democrats are the ones fighting for their equality and the Republicans are the ones fighting it. Doh!

If Republican politicians started voting in favor of issues of equality for homosexuals, women, the poor, racial minorities, and other disenfranchised, you'd see a large switch of many to that party.

Christ, I hope your wife really is far superior to you in intelligence or you really will be writing a lot of checks to ITT in the future.

Reactions: Marine03
Why do you think the disenfranchised groups always seem to be Democrats?

Because they are the actual “simpletons”.

Poor poor Democrats. Always victimized and taken advantage of.

Good thing Dems have your experience of stalking losers on Twitter, chasing Taz down in the hood (both of which would most likely identify as Dem) , and threatening legal action over terrible seats in baseball stadiums. You’re a real social justice warrior indeed.

Good Lord, people. There's a big difference between being an overbearing sports dad and wanting your kid to have the same opportunities that everyone else on his team/in his league has. I think part of the disconnect is Marine's initial post lists some options that he obviously wrote i the heat of the moment. I feel pretty sure he was venting and wasn't actually contemplating pulling his kid.

I know, he just wants his kid to be on the ballot, not demanding that he's an all star. If he's the third best on the team and isn't one of the 5 from the team selected, that's when you have the "shit happens" talk with the kid. No reason not to have a conversation about some arbitrary decision.

Good lord people.

This thread is a superb example of youth sports and what goes on with it.

Because they are the actual “simpletons”.

Poor poor Democrats. Always victimized and taken advantage of.

Good thing Dems have your experience of stalking losers on Twitter, chasing Taz down in the hood (both of which would most likely identify as Dem) , and threatening legal action over terrible seats in baseball stadiums. You’re a real social justice warrior indeed.

One hell of a leap you are trying to make. Standing up for oneself doesn't make them a social justice warrior. I didn't claim that I was some sort of social justice warrior for those things.

You've miserably lost this one again. Explain to us again why those disenfranchised groups tend to be Democrats. Doh!

"Disenfranchised" is a leftist term made up to try to win votes. If someone uses their gender or skin color as an excuse for their lack of success in life, that's nobody's problem but their own. It's excuse making. The ironic thing about this whole debate is that Republicans see everyone as equals and Democrats are the ones who break everybody into sub-sets (LGBT, minorities, women, etc). Does Ben Carson feel "disenfranchised" because he is black or did he let that stop him from becoming a successful surgeon? If he had listened to people like riflearm, he would have sat back, collected a check, and blamed Republicans for keeping the black man down.

Now...on to baseball. My son is one of the top 5 players in his tee ball/pitching machine league. He will undoubtedly make the all-star team this year. He is batting almost .600 off the pitching machine and is a terrific fielder. One issue that I'm having, especially as a coach, is that another coach's son on our team has probably regressed as much as anybody I have seen from last year to this year. We only get to name 3 all-stars from our team and I know he expects his son to be one, primarily because he is one of the oldest players on the team, the fact that he made all-stars last year, and the fact that his dad will help coach. He is a great kid and his dad is a great guy and coach, but there are 3-4 other players who deserve it over him. I just don't know how to break it to him.

"Disenfranchised" is a leftist term made up to try to win votes. If someone uses their gender or skin color as an excuse for their lack of success in life, that's nobody's problem but their own. It's excuse making. The ironic thing about this whole debate is that Republicans see everyone as equals and Democrats are the ones who break everybody into sub-sets (LGBT, minorities, women, etc). Does Ben Carson feel "disenfranchised" because he is black or did he let that stop him from becoming a successful surgeon? If he had listened to people like riflearm, he would have sat back, collected a check, and blamed Republicans for keeping the black man down.

Your ignorant, hillbilly mind just doesn't get it.

Growing up, would you have rather been a white kid or a black kid in your town?

Reactions: countryroads89
Your ignorant, hillbilly mind just doesn't get it.

Growing up, would you have rather been a white kid or a black kid in your town?

What does that prove? Nobody would answer that they wished they grew up a different race or gender than what they actually are. Only weirdo leftists do that, and Bruce Jenner.

Now...on to baseball. My son is one of the top 5 players in his tee ball/pitching machine league. He will undoubtedly make the all-star team this year. He is batting almost .600 off the pitching machine and is a terrific fielder. One issue that I'm having, especially as a coach, is that another coach's son on our team has probably regressed as much as anybody I have seen from last year to this year. We only get to name 3 all-stars from our team and I know he expects his son to be one, primarily because he is one of the oldest players on the team, the fact that he made all-stars last year, and the fact that his dad will help coach. He is a great kid and his dad is a great guy and coach, but there are 3-4 other players who deserve it over him. I just don't know how to break it to him.
Your league seriously has an allstar team for tee ball and machine pitch? Good lord.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Your league seriously has an allstar team for tee ball and machine pitch? Good lord.

Absolutely. I love our league. The 4-6 year olds only play on the tee for about 5-6 games and the rest of the year is completely pitching machine. It makes them a lot better, IMO. Our all-star game is pretty legit too.

Absolutely. I love our league. The 4-6 year olds only play on the tee for about 5-6 games and the rest of the year is completely pitching machine. It makes them a lot better, IMO. Our all-star game is pretty legit too.
Man, I have coached from that age to high school age. An All Star game at that age in t-ball and machine pitch is insane. That's stupid, IMO. I am sorry, that is about everything that is wrong with youth baseball these days.

Man, I have coached from that age to high school age. An All Star game at that age in t-ball and machine pitch is insane. That's stupid, IMO.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but the kids love it. I do it for the kids...mine in particular.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT