ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone beside greed support teachers unions?

Ugggh ohhhh Greed. Our liberal Democrat Governor, Roy Cooper, who as you know, I am not fan off said this today.
What say you now!

The governor, his secretary of health and a bipartisan pair of the state's top education officials pressed school systems across North Carolina Tuesday afternoon to reopen for in-person learning.

"It's time to get students back into the classroom," Gov. Roy Cooper said during a briefing on the state's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

"The science is clear. It is safe to reopen schools following protocols," agreed Eric Davis, chairman of the State Board of Education.

Unlike you, I don't make up my mind depending on what a politician of either party says or does. IF, IF the schools are doing what they're supposed to and are able to handle the number of students attending, I don't have much problem with returning to school. But idiots like you think EVERYONE EVERYWHERE should go back. I disagree with that mindset entirely. And I have CDC criteria to back my choice.

See below....

Trades people have interns all time. It can be done you just refuse to do it unless everything is paid for by someone else. For someone that claims to be a Christian you sure do refuse to reach out and help others.

You've never had skin in the game. Idiot.

Unlike you, I don't make up my mind depending on what a politician of either party says or does. IF, IF the schools are doing what they're supposed to and are able to handle the number of students attending, I don't have much problem with returning to school. But idiots like you think EVERYONE EVERYWHERE should go back. I disagree with that mindset entirely. And I have CDC criteria to back my choice.

See below....
No you don't. The CDC says to open. The damage done to this generation is terrible. It is time to go back. I said safeguards can be in place and there are ways to do it.

No you don't. The CDC says to open. The damage done to this generation is terrible. It is time to go back. I said safeguards can be in place and there are ways to do it.

Yes I do, idiot. The CDC says the number of community covid cases should help determine if school should reopen.

Yes I do, idiot. The CDC says the number of community covid cases should help determine if school should reopen.
Well dipstick, the Democrat governor and liberal school board here just voted. Our kids and my wife are going back to school Feb 15

You are wrong! Our kids need to be in school and most everybody says so except political hacks like you.

Well dipstick, the Democrat governor and liberal school board here just voted. Our kids and my wife are going back to school Feb 15

You are wrong! Our kids need to be in school and most everybody says so except political hacks like you.

You're an idiot. And unless polls have changed recently MOST people do not want their kids back to in-person teaching. Your making stuff up is not a substitute for facts. trumptard

See below....

You're an idiot. And unless polls have changed recently MOST people do not want their kids back to in-person teaching. Your making stuff up is not a substitute for facts. trumptard

See below....
wrong again, greed
From Wake County NC

In the parent survey – parents were allowed to submit more than one response if they had multiple children in the district – 58% said they didn’t want to remain in remote learning while waiting for the county’s COVID-19 infections to go down, and 63.4% said they didn’t want to remain in remote learning until vaccines are more widely available.

Most responses – 90.8% — said they were somewhat or very comfortable with returning to classrooms in rotation. Fewer responses – 70.3% — said they were somewhat or very comfortable with returning all students to classrooms everyday.

Survey: Wake County parents favor students returning to ...
www.wral.com › survey-wake-county-parents-favor-stu...

16 hours ago — Most of the 33000 parent responses to a Wake County Public School System Survey said they didn't want to continue with full ... WRAL.com ... grade students return for in-person learning daily and on rotation for grades ... The debate comes as many parents say their kids are struggling with remote learning.

wrong again, greed
From Wake County NC

In the parent survey – parents were allowed to submit more than one response if they had multiple children in the district – 58% said they didn’t want to remain in remote learning while waiting for the county’s COVID-19 infections to go down, and 63.4% said they didn’t want to remain in remote learning until vaccines are more widely available.

Most responses – 90.8% — said they were somewhat or very comfortable with returning to classrooms in rotation. Fewer responses – 70.3% — said they were somewhat or very comfortable with returning all students to classrooms everyday.

Survey: Wake County parents favor students returning to ...
www.wral.com › survey-wake-county-parents-favor-stu...

16 hours ago — Most of the 33000 parent responses to a Wake County Public School System Survey said they didn't want to continue with full ... WRAL.com ... grade students return for in-person learning daily and on rotation for grades ... The debate comes as many parents say their kids are struggling with remote learning.

You are truly stupid. You offer a screwed up poll from a single county as proof that most people want school to reopen.
You have no idea how stupid you are.

See below....

You are truly stupid. You offer a screwed up poll from a single county as proof that most people want school to reopen.
You have no idea how stupid you are.

See below....
you said most people don't want their kids in school. I showed you a poll from a pretty much liberal county or at least purple county. Our liberal Dem governor, who I really don't care for, says our kids need to be in school. the school board in this county which is one of the largest in the country voted to go back. There are nearly the same number of kids in that county as there are in the entire state of WV. They voted to go back tonight. I showed you a damn poll conducted in that county by the liberal news outlet.

Get over yourself. you are wrong.

Last edited:
you said most people don't want their kids in school. I showed you a poll from a pretty much liberal county or at least purple county. Our liberal Dem governor, who I really don't care for, says our kids need to be in school. the school board in this county which is one of the largest in the country voted to go back. There are nearly the same number of kids in that county as there are in the entire state of WV. They voted to go back tonight. I showed you a damn poll conducted in that county by the liberal news outlet.

Get over yourself. you are wrong.

You're an idiot. Here's what YOU said....

Our kids need to be in school and most everybody says so

You've provided NOTHING that proves that. "most everybody" is not just the people in one county.

See below....

Most American parents think it is unsafe to send their children back to school given the risks of the novel coronavirus, and more than 80 percent favor holding school at least partly online, according to a Washington Post-Schar School survey conducted by Ipsos.

Given three options for the fall, a plurality of parents — 44 percent — want their schools to offer a mix of online and in-person classes, an idea that has been considered by many school districts and adopted by some. In a close second place is all-virtual education, favored by 39 percent of parents.

Fully in-person school
, the approach pushed by President Trump and his allies in Congress, comes in a distant third, with 16 percent favoring it for their children. A separate question finds that two-thirds of parents oppose requiring all public schools to open for in-person classes five days a week, with one-third supporting it.

See below...

Most American parents think it is unsafe to send their children back to school given the risks of the novel coronavirus, and more than 80 percent favor holding school at least partly online, according to a Washington Post-Schar School survey conducted by Ipsos.

Given three options for the fall, a plurality of parents — 44 percent — want their schools to offer a mix of online and in-person classes, an idea that has been considered by many school districts and adopted by some. In a close second place is all-virtual education, favored by 39 percent of parents.

Fully in-person school
, the approach pushed by President Trump and his allies in Congress, comes in a distant third, with 16 percent favoring it for their children. A separate question finds that two-thirds of parents oppose requiring all public schools to open for in-person classes five days a week, with one-third supporting it.

See below...
A poll from July? I bet you run that poll again 6 months later and the results would be a lot different

A poll from July? I bet you run that poll again 6 months later and the results would be a lot different

Find one. I haven't found one. But it's hard for me to believe a majority of parents feel safe in sending their kids to school after covid deaths and cases have greatly increased.

Our county has been blended the entire year with the parent’s choice to go full virtual if desired. So I have students on Monday-Tuesday and a different group on Thursday-Friday. Those students are in school two days and virtual the remaining three days. I also have students that are 100% virtual...by their parent’s choice.

The make up in the school which also reflects in my classroom, is about 50% of the students choose to be full time virtual. The other half selected the blended model.

When the governor tried to force the students that were blended to go full time, go four or five days doubling the class size, most parents objected or even threatened home schooling. The board decided to continue the blended model to comply with the overwhelming desire of the parents.

My opinion is that the blended model is relatively safe. We haven’t had a lot of issues. The students are smaller in groups and can be spaced and isolated into pods that separate them during lunch and play periods. That wouldn’t be the case with full time.

I’m not sure who that helps in the argument here, but at least for my county half want full time virtual, and the majority of the rest want the blended model. Those who want to send everyone back full time are a minority.

What you have to separate in this argument to assure the argument isn’t obscured is that there is a distinct difference between returning full time and returning blended. Parents wanting a blended return should not be counted as wanting business as usual.

I will say from a purely selfish point of view, all the students returning would be much easier for me then what I have now. I work hours every evening and weekend getting out the virtual instruction. I’m face to face four days per week and simply cannot get my two blended and full time virtual students work online, edited, recorded, etc. in the one day allotted for that preparation. It is impossible. That plus the technical issues the students experience at home have parents messaging and texting me all night and weekend. I don’t mind it, but going back to school full time would be so much better for me personally.

I’m just not convinced it’s totally safe. The studies have been using results from blended models...not full time everybody goes environments. I’m not totally worried for the kids because they as a whole will be fine. But their parents and grandparents may not be. We have a case at school now with a parent in the hospital on supplemental oxygen that caught it from their daughter. So the kids can and do spread it to vulnerable people.

Reactions: extragreen
Our county has been blended the entire year with the parent’s choice to go full virtual if desired. So I have students on Monday-Tuesday and a different group on Thursday-Friday. Those students are in school two days and virtual the remaining three days. I also have students that are 100% virtual...by their parent’s choice.

The make up in the school which also reflects in my classroom, is about 50% of the students choose to be full time virtual. The other half selected the blended model.

When the governor tried to force the students that were blended to go full time, go four or five days doubling the class size, most parents objected or even threatened home schooling. The board decided to continue the blended model to comply with the overwhelming desire of the parents.

My opinion is that the blended model is relatively safe. We haven’t had a lot of issues. The students are smaller in groups and can be spaced and isolated into pods that separate them during lunch and play periods. That wouldn’t be the case with full time.

I’m not sure who that helps in the argument here, but at least for my county half want full time virtual, and the majority of the rest want the blended model. Those who want to send everyone back full time are a minority.

What you have to separate in this argument to assure the argument isn’t obscured is that there is a distinct difference between returning full time and returning blended. Parents wanting a blended return should not be counted as wanting business as usual.

I will say from a purely selfish point of view, all the students returning would be much easier for me then what I have now. I work hours every evening and weekend getting out the virtual instruction. I’m face to face four days per week and simply cannot get my two blended and full time virtual students work online, edited, recorded, etc. in the one day allotted for that preparation. It is impossible. That plus the technical issues the students experience at home have parents messaging and texting me all night and weekend. I don’t mind it, but going back to school full time would be so much better for me personally.

I’m just not convinced it’s totally safe. The studies have been using results from blended models...not full time everybody goes environments. I’m not totally worried for the kids because they as a whole will be fine. But their parents and grandparents may not be. We have a case at school now with a parent in the hospital on supplemental oxygen that caught it from their daughter. So the kids can and do spread it to vulnerable people.
Blended learning is another animal entirely. My county started out that way now elementary and middle schools are back full time with high schools back for 75%. They go three days one week 4 the next on a rotating basis. We have seen no spikes from in person learning from elementary on up, honestly the biggest spread is among athletic teams where virtual students are coming on campus. Guidelines are being followed masks social distancing etc. it works and can be done safely.
No one has argued it can’t be transmitted between adults and kids and vice versa.

At some point boys, we have to move on unless you want to do this forever. I don't. This is not America. There are ways to do get these kids back in school and GK mentioned some of them.

Blended learning is another animal entirely. My county started out that way now elementary and middle schools are back full time with high schools back for 75%. They go three days one week 4 the next on a rotating basis. We have seen no spikes from in person learning from elementary on up, honestly the biggest spread is among athletic teams where virtual students are coming on campus. Guidelines are being followed masks social distancing etc. it works and can be done safely.
No one has argued it can’t be transmitted between adults and kids and vice versa.

We probably are closer to agreement than you think. When I look at this from a logical point of view, with the understanding that this virus spreads through personal proximity with other people, especially in a prolonged and confined space, increasing the class size and reducing the ability to space properly would almost certainly increase the odds of spreading it.

Now...to back your point a little...schools do a relatively good job in promoting mask wearing, sanitizing, and separating. The kids have shocked me with how well they comply. I don’t feel threatened in a blended environment at all. I do believe that increasing the class size would have to increase the chance for those kids who have parents that took it seriously. Those parents who allowed their kids to go without masks and attend social gatherings without restrictions would likely be safer at school than home. But no way those kids who have had parents provide discipline and caution at home and limited situations where they gathered in groups would be safer at school. That’s just logic and science.

I can say that if the kids were forced back to class, my job will become exponentially easier and less time consuming. But let’s leave the choice up to parents for this year. If they are comfortable going fully virtual...allow it. If they are more comfortable blended...allow it. But I can almost guarantee that those who want to go back to school five days is a minority among parents. Five days was an option two or three weeks ago in my county and it was resoundingly opposed. It was resoundingly opposed by almost the entirety of the state with many counties totally rejecting the governor’s directive to no longer go full virtual.

And my county as well as the state are overwhelmingly Trump supporters so politics didn’t sway them when it came to the safety of their kids.

it works and can be done safely.

It can work safely in some schools. moron. Others it cannot. There are some schools that can't provide 6' social distancing in classrooms when all their students are at school, with some saying they may not be able to provide 3'.

See below....

We probably are closer to agreement than you think. When I look at this from a logical point of view, with the understanding that this virus spreads through personal proximity with other people, especially in a prolonged and confined space, increasing the class size and reducing the ability to space properly would almost certainly increase the odds of spreading it.

Now...to back your point a little...schools do a relatively good job in promoting mask wearing, sanitizing, and separating. The kids have shocked me with how well they comply. I don’t feel threatened in a blended environment at all. I do believe that increasing the class size would have to increase the chance for those kids who have parents that took it seriously. Those parents who allowed their kids to go without masks and attend social gatherings without restrictions would likely be safer at school than home. But no way those kids who have had parents provide discipline and caution at home and limited situations where they gathered in groups would be safer at school. That’s just logic and science.

I can say that if the kids were forced back to class, my job will become exponentially easier and less time consuming. But let’s leave the choice up to parents for this year. If they are comfortable going fully virtual...allow it. If they are more comfortable blended...allow it. But I can almost guarantee that those who want to go back to school five days is a minority among parents. Five days was an option two or three weeks ago in my county and it was resoundingly opposed. It was resoundingly opposed by almost the entirety of the state with many counties totally rejecting the governor’s directive to no longer go full virtual.

And my county as well as the state are overwhelmingly Trump supporters so politics didn’t sway them when it came to the safety of their kids.
You see GK we can reach compromise and logical conclusions and best fits. Now talk to your associate from Out Wayne. He is the Nancy Pelosi of this board.

Last edited:
You see GK we can reach compromise and logical conclusions and best fits. Now talk to your associate from Out Wayne.

So you agree with "But no way those kids who have had parents provide discipline and caution at home and limited situations where they gathered in groups would be safer at school.",

and

"increasing the class size and reducing the ability to space properly would almost certainly increase the odds of spreading it". It's about time. Idiot.

See below....

There’s always going to be those hypochondriac parents that keep their homes sealed to any and all outside contact I call bull crap on those parents because they are more than likely still going to the store,work etc. I’m all for options either virtual or back to in person. In our district we have a waiting list to get back to in person. It’s almost double the amount going from in person to virtual. I agree it would be much easier to be in person especially teaching a skills based class but that has nothing to do with my stance either. You’re never going to prevent the spread of diseases in schools. Take steps to mitigate and get back in the classroom.

There’s always going to be those hypochondriac parents that keep their homes sealed to any and all outside contact I call bull crap on those parents because they are more than likely still going to the store,work etc. I’m all for options either virtual or back to in person. In our district we have a waiting list to get back to in person. It’s almost double the amount going from in person to virtual. I agree it would be much easier to be in person especially teaching a skills based class but that has nothing to do with my stance either. You’re never going to prevent the spread of diseases in schools. Take steps to mitigate and get back in the classroom.

The parents pretty much have that choice now. Like I said...approximately half the parents choose virtual in my county. The majority of the rest prefer blended...which is in person learning. It’s pretty much been that way all year. So other than forcing everyone back to school...something you don’t appear to disagree with given you’re saying to give them options...it’s pretty much the way you want it.

The parents pretty much have that choice now. Like I said...approximately half the parents choose virtual in my county. The majority of the rest prefer blended...which is in person learning. It’s pretty much been that way all year. So other than forcing everyone back to school...something you don’t appear to disagree with given you’re saying to give them options...it’s pretty much the way you want it.
I’ve said from the beginning the option for virtual should be there but teachers refusing to get back in classroom is the problem

So you agree with "But no way those kids who have had parents provide discipline and caution at home and limited situations where they gathered in groups would be safer at school.",

and

"increasing the class size and reducing the ability to space properly would almost certainly increase the odds of spreading it". It's about time. Idiot.

See below....
dugghhh, blended learning, virtual option, but we need teachers in the classroom with live instruction and the schools don't need completely shut down anymore.

dugghhh, blended learning, virtual option, but we need teachers in the classroom with live instruction and the schools don't need completely shut down anymore.

and

See below..

and

See below..
I have class sizes of 27 daily we haven’t had an outbreak. It can be done

Link?....
social distancing is not required for K-3. Recommended not required.

Pre-kindergarten through third grade students will be on Plan A, where social distancing isn’t required but is recommended, as they had been before winter break. Fourth and fifth grade will be on Plan B, as they had been in the fall, although different from what the district initially planned for the spring semester. Sixth grade through 12th grade will return on rotation, as had been planned for the spring semester.

"The can be right next to each other with plexiglass and masks moron"

Link?....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT