ADVERTISEMENT

Are we as tough as we think we are?

AmeriKenny

Gold Buffalo
Feb 20, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Yes we have nukes, high tech weapons, biggest military budget, etc., but do we really have the courage and will to fight in a real war? This article I read was a wake-up call to me.

It starts out by talking about how Russia really won WWII. When it comes to Ukraine, I'm worried that Russia is so bloodthirsty that they don't care how many of their own people they have to sacrifice to win a conflict. I don't think the assistance we provide Ukraine will even help because Russia will continue to shed Ukraine and Russia's own blood until they have victory, no matter the cost. Russians are completely insane. They don't care how many lives have to be lost to win. They don't really care about their own dead. They just want victory.

Uh, no. Russia didn’t beat the Nazis. Anyone who believes that needs to explain their role in Africa, Italy and France while also wiping out Japan at the same time.

I do fear that we don’t have enough young men with the resolve necessary. I’m leery counting on soy boys and purple haired skateboarders.

Yes we have nukes, high tech weapons, biggest military budget, etc., but do we really have the courage and will to fight in a real war? This article I read was a wake-up call to me.

It starts out by talking about how Russia really won WWII. When it comes to Ukraine, I'm worried that Russia is so bloodthirsty that they don't care how many of their own people they have to sacrifice to win a conflict. I don't think the assistance we provide Ukraine will even help because Russia will continue to shed Ukraine and Russia's own blood until they have victory, no matter the cost. Russians are completely insane. They don't care how many lives have to be lost to win. They don't really care about their own dead. They just want victory.
First of all Russia didn't win WW2 by themselves. That is absurd.

Second, I am somewhat leery we have enough people to fight or willing to sign up. People have also grow accustomed to "push the button from Kansas and win". Doesn't work that way most of the time.

Finally, worry more about China than Russia at this point. We are not going to war in Ukraine.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
First of all Russia didn't win WW2 by themselves. That is absurd.

Second, I am somewhat leery we have enough people to fight or willing to sign up. People have also grow accustomed to "push the button from Kansas and win". Doesn't work that way most of the time.

Finally, worry more about China than Russia at this point. We are not going to war in Ukraine.
The Medium writer is a idiotic to just flat out state that "Russia won WWII". It was a cooperative effort.

I must agree with your assessment. It's better that we didn't put troops in Ukraine because we have other interests to be more concerned about. We are funneling so many weapons into Ukraine and NATO countries, I hope we are replenishing our own weapons stockpiles at the same time. If China invade Taiwan, I feel it's going to be another Ukraine all over again. We're going to funnel billions worth of weapons to try to fight off the Chinese with no boots on the ground. That raises the question, do we have CIA and other military advisers training Taiwanese armed forces just as we did in Ukraine since 2014?

The Medium writer is a idiotic to just flat out state that "Russia won WWII". It was a cooperative effort.

I must agree with your assessment. It's better that we didn't put troops in Ukraine because we have other interests to be more concerned about. We are funneling so many weapons into Ukraine and NATO countries, I hope we are replenishing our own weapons stockpiles at the same time. If China invade Taiwan, I feel it's going to be another Ukraine all over again. We're going to funnel billions worth of weapons to try to fight off the Chinese with no boots on the ground. That raises the question, do we have CIA and other military advisers training Taiwanese armed forces just as we did in Ukraine since 2014?
Yes and we have troops training them. My son has Thai jump wings.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT