ADVERTISEMENT

Austin TX bombings

Just admit you don’t need assault style weapons to hunt or defend a home.
Just admit, first, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting. And, who are you to say that I shouldn't defend my home with an AR15? If two guys enter my house with 12 gauges or two Glock 17's, then who are you to tell me what to defend it with? What if they have an AR15? I can defend with a 38 or AR15 if I want or whatever.

Just admit, first, the 2nd amendment is not about hunting. And, who are you to say that I shouldn't defend my home with an AR15? If two guys enter my house with 12 gauges or two Glock 17's, then who are you to tell me what to defend it with? What if they have an AR15? I can defend with a 38 or AR15 if I want or whatever.

Just admit when our founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment in the constitution 250 plus years ago, they had no foresight these weapons would ever exist. I also think had the constitution been written after hundreds of school kids have been murdered with these weapons they probably would’ve reconsidered. Pure speculation on my part I know, but these were noble men who thought they were doing the right thing considering they just armed themselves for our freedom.
In this day and age, a need to fight the government is kind of stupid, just like your “I need to defend my home with an AR 15 argument.

Just admit when our founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment in the constitution 250 plus years ago, they had no foresight these weapons would ever exist. I also think had the constitution been written after hundreds of school kids have been murdered with these weapons they probably would’ve reconsidered. Pure speculation on my part I know, but these were noble men who thought they were doing the right thing considering they just armed themselves for our freedom.
In this day and age, a need to fight the government is kind of stupid, just like your “I need to defend my home with an AR 15 argument.
How do you know they didn't have that foresight that weapons development would take place? You don't think they were developing weapons at the time? That would be like them saying you can't have a musket or a bayonet and can only have a bow and arrow or a spear.

Again, I have a right to defend my home with any legal means necessary. If the idito breaks in my house and is carrying a Red Ryder bb bun then that is his fault.

How do you know they didn't have that foresight that weapons development would take place? You don't think they were developing weapons at the time? That would be like them saying you can't have a musket or a bayonet and can only have a bow and arrow or a spear.

Again, I have a right to defend my home with any legal means necessary. If the idito breaks in my house and is carrying a Red Ryder bb bun then that is his fault.

Can you tell me what weapons we are going to have 250 years from now? The country was just born there were no major weapons factory at the time, no technology, etc.

Oh good lord you are an idiot.

Makes sense I guess to shoot one intruder 40 times when one shot can do it. Sounds like you can’t shoot for shit

Makes sense I guess to shoot one intruder 40 times when one shot can do it. Sounds like you can’t shoot for shit
I didn't say I defend my home with an AR 15. I said I had the right to. Why do you need a 12 gauge? Can't hit them with a pistol?

Can you tell me what weapons we are going to have 250 years from now? The country was just born there were no major weapons factory at the time, no technology, etc.
I would imagine something better than we have now. The musket was the primary weapon back then. you don't think men like Washington, Jefferson, Adams,etc. knew there would not be weapons development in 50, 100, 200, 500 years?

So, where do you draw the line? shotgun? Single shot? Pump? 22 rifle? 10 round magazine or how about 15? Revolver? Lever action? Bolt action?

I didn't say I defend my home with an AR 15. I said I had the right to. Why do you need a 12 gauge? Can't hit them with a pistol?

Sentimental, it was given to me when I got out, haven’t shot it since. I have a Marine flag out front, ADT and a dog and in the 7 homes in 4 states I’ve owned no one has ever made an attempt to break in my home.

Sentimental, it was given to me when I got out, haven’t shot it since. I have a Marine flag out front, ADT and a dog and in the 7 homes in 4 states I’ve owned no one has ever made an attempt to break in my home.
Good for you. Me either. Don't you think a shot gun might be overkill? My grandad had a single action 22 revolver.

What part of it was given to me which I’ve explained 3 times prior to this don’t you get
So, you still have it. A pump or semi auto 12 gauge is probably over kill. Doesn't matter how you got it.

But you said one is overkill, if that’s so why is the other not?
In some cases an AR15 is overkill for home defense. Doesn't mean I want to get rid of them. Also, doesn't mean that someone can't have one.

MY point is, some people may feel your shotgun is overkill. They would outlaw shotguns as well.

In ALL cases an AR15 is overkill for home defense. Doesn't mean I want to get rid of them. Also, doesn't mean that someone can't have one.

MY point is, some people may feel your shotgun is overkill. They would outlaw shotguns as well.

FIFY.

And I haven’t seen or heard of anyone going after shotguns

FIFY.

And I haven’t seen or heard of anyone going after shotguns
In all cases? Really? You can't say that. That is your opinion.

You haven't seen anyone go after shotguns, but there are those that would.

No matter your stance on guns, let me share this: a shotgun is absolutely the best weapon choice for home defense. With a handgun in low light conditions, odds are pretty high that you will miss, not to mention you will be so nervous you will have pissed your pants before you even pull the trigger. Your odds of hitting your target in a house is much better with a shotgun and you are close enough range that if you don’t kill the bastard, he will be near death. If he is shot, his only thought then is to get the hell out of there.

I shared a poll. Ever here of Hitler? Other dictators? You think American could be immune to it? The poll mentioned by the Economist says a third of democrats would do away with the 2nd amendment.

Hell, I think you would if you had enough power.

I shared a poll. Ever here of Hitler? Other dictators? You think American could be immune to it? The poll mentioned by the Economist says a third of democrats would do away with the 2nd amendment.

Hell, I think you would if you had enough power.

A poll? Hitler? Wtf are you even talking about

You asked for proof that people would outlaw guns. Do you really think there are people that would not outlaw guns if they could?

First you said shotguns, then you went on a tangent of all guns, hitler, and polls. If you can’t keep up than get out of the conversation

Leonardo Da Vinci designed a flying machine that actually worked.

I bet Thomas Jefferson could envision a weapon that fired multiple rounds.

I bet he also could imagine the internet.
The Gatling gun was in service by 1862. The lever action rifle was also in use by the war between the states. The hammerless shotgun was in use by the 1830's or 1840's.

So, people think the founding fathers did not think invention and technology would take place?

First you said shotguns, then you went on a tangent of all guns, hitler, and polls. If you can’t keep up than get out of the conversation
Well, if there are people that would outlaw all guns do you not that would include your shotgun?

So you think the 2nd amendment had an end date?

No but it should be amended to not include assault weapons as I don’t think the 2nd amendment was intended for them. What’s next? Are you gun nuts going to attempt to buy a Single shot Mark 19and claim it’s protected under the 2nd Amendment? At what point as technology improves with weapons is enough enough? When are you going to draw the line?

No but it should be amended to not include assault weapons as I don’t think the 2nd amendment was intended for them. What’s next? Are you gun nuts going to attempt to buy a Single shot Mark 19and claim it’s protected under the 2nd Amendment? At what point as technology improves with weapons is enough enough? When are you going to draw the line?
No, that type was already outlawed and settled in the 1930's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT