ADVERTISEMENT

Austin TX bombings

There is no time frame, moron. The minors can purchase long guns by themselves, so why couldn't you sell them one?
So you are saying i can go buys guns and resell them. For example, i can go buy 10 long guns at the gun shop and start reselling them to minors? Lets say i go buy 10 rifles for 500 bucks each. Then go find 10 minors and sell them for 650 each because they cant go buy them

You think that is legal?

So you are saying i can go buys guns and resell them. For example, i can go buy 10 long guns at the gun shop and start reselling them to minors? Lets say i go buy 10 rifles for 500 bucks each. Then go find 10 minors and sell them for 650 each because they cant go buy them

You think that is legal?

No, you would almost assuredly be classified as a dealer and need a license. Further, if your purpose in buying them was to turn around and sell them to a minor, you'd be in major shit.

But you're missing the point (one among many on this topic). There is a huge gray area. Buying ten and turning around and selling them for a 30% markup (like in your scenario) would most likely classify you as a dealer. Buying three guns over the last year and selling them throughout the year? You will almost assuredly be fine, assuming no other aspects of dealer characteristics (store, business cards, etc.). And that is the issue: the huge gray area without a set litmus test. It causes a loophole that people can legally manipulate.

You could go and buy three AR-15s in January, June, and December. Then, the following March, you could decide you don't want them, head down to the flea market, and sell all three of them for any number of reasons (just had a baby and don't want guns in the house now, desperate for money, need more space, etc.) and be perfectly legal not to check ID, get a background check, etc.

That is entirely legal (again, assuming there aren't other characteristics of being a dealer). If you don't see a huge issue with that, then you're lying to yourself. It's common sense that it shouldn't be legal.

No, you would almost assuredly be classified as a dealer and need a license. Further, if your purpose in buying them was to turn around and sell them to a minor, you'd be in major shit.

But you're missing the point (one among many on this topic). There is a huge gray area. Buying ten and turning around and selling them for a 30% markup (like in your scenario) would most likely classify you as a dealer. Buying three guns over the last year and selling them throughout the year? You will almost assuredly be fine, assuming no other aspects of dealer characteristics (store, business cards, etc.). And that is the issue: the huge gray area without a set litmus test. It causes a loophole that people can legally manipulate.

You could go and buy three AR-15s in January, June, and December. Then, the following March, you could decide you don't want them, head down to the flea market, and sell all three of them for any number of reasons (just had a baby and don't want guns in the house now, desperate for money, need more space, etc.) and be perfectly legal not to check ID, get a background check, etc.

That is entirely legal (again, assuming there aren't other characteristics of being a dealer). If you don't see a huge issue with that, then you're lying to yourself. It's common sense that it shouldn't be legal.

What about selling my old gun to my nephew?

You're perfectly fine to do that assuming it is a long gun and no state/local ordinances prohibit it. I don't recommend selling it to your whore of a daughter though.
I know that. What is your stance on selling to my nephew,neighbor, etc?

As for my whore daughter, you are correct, be careful because she can shoot. You better stop bothering her.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT