ADVERTISEMENT

Austin TX bombings

Sentimental, it was given to me when I got out, haven’t shot it since. I have a Marine flag out front, ADT and a dog and in the 7 homes in 4 states I’ve owned no one has ever made an attempt to break in my home.
Ppeople don't break into run down trailers.

when a humble brag about living where one considers to be much better than it really is blows up in their face.

when a humble brag about living where one considers to be much better than it really is blows up in their face.

1.2% ranked 46th compared to ranked 7th at 13.9% is hardly getting “humbled” but carry on. I should’ve considered the poster base I was debating with. The difference is about 600k more trailers in Kentucky for sisters and fam to cook meth, shoot guns in the backyard, and piss off the front porch. As for states considered to be better or worse to live in, you can look that up I don’t have to, I already know

Reactions: countryroads89
1.2% ranked 46th compared to ranked 7th at 13.9% is hardly getting “humbled” but carry on. I should’ve considered the poster base I was debating with. The difference is about 600k more trailers in Kentucky for sisters and fam to cook meth, shoot guns in the backyard, and piss off the front porch. As for states considered to be better or worse to live in, you can look that up I don’t have to, I already know
didn't take long for him to prove the point, either. lol @ you thinking the comment indicated you were being "humbled". sure hope education you're getting your son pays off better than the one you received.

Another question...would you be ok with the gradual stripping away of 1st Amendment rights? I mean common sense (whoever defines that) steps, like not allowing Hollywood to have gun violence in movies or television shows because it might inspire someone to commit a violent crime with a gun? That’s common sense, right? Or how about we have the government ban rappers from all use of lyrics that mention guns? Maybe fewer young, black males would use guns if their heroes wouldn’t rap about it. Makes sense, right?

The fact that you’re ok with doing away with any constitutional rights is troubling.

Can one of our other expert anti-2nd Amendment folks respond to this since rifle ran from it?

Back to the thread, the good news in all of this, is that package theft has dropped dramatically over the course of the last week, particularly in the Austin area.

Can one of our other expert anti-2nd Amendment folks respond to this since rifle ran from it?

Extra hit the nail on the head. Listen, if the best you can do is take comments from Facebook memes and bring them on here without recognizing the lack of logic they perpetuate, then I suggest sticking to Facebook.

Claiming I ran from it makes me truly think you thought your comment was somehow a “gotcha’” moment . . . and that’s scary.

Extra hit the nail on the head. Listen, if the best you can do is take comments from Facebook memes and bring them on here without recognizing the lack of logic they perpetuate, then I suggest sticking to Facebook.

Claiming I ran from it makes me truly think you thought your comment was somehow a “gotcha’” moment . . . and that’s scary.

And using extragreed as reinforcement shows that you truly have no counter.

It’s a very relevant comparison. You would not support taking away anybody’s First Amendment rights, however incremental. Why you support taking away people’s Second Amendment rights is beyond logic.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
Bump to show riflearm that he ran away from me, forcing me to call him out, only to have him come back with no response other than to use extragreed as reinforcement. Just like I said.

Maybe when his run/hike is over he can put me in my place.

Bump to show riflearm that he ran away from me, forcing me to call him out, only to have him come back with no response other than to use extragreed as reinforcement. Just like I said.

Maybe when his run/hike is over he can put me in my place.

Hang on tight to your stupid.

Another question...would you be ok with the gradual stripping away of 1st Amendment rights? I mean common sense (whoever defines that) steps, like not allowing Hollywood to have gun violence in movies or television shows because it might inspire someone to commit a violent crime with a gun? That’s common sense, right? Or how about we have the government ban rappers from all use of lyrics that mention guns? Maybe fewer young, black males would use guns if their heroes wouldn’t rap about it. Makes sense, right?

The fact that you’re ok with doing away with any constitutional rights is troubling.

First, I am not alright with "doing away with any Constitutional rights." Common sense gun control is not doing away with the second amendment any more than slander, not being able to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater, and not being able to yell "fvck you" at a judge during a trial is doing away with the first amendment. I don't think any of those things strips down our rights in the first amendment. Likewise, I don't think having mandatory background checks, waiting periods, having to show identity, etc. is stripping down our rights in the second amendment.

Now, your analogy is that gun violence in movies and rap lyrics promoting violence is the same as allowing gun sales of AR-15s with no identity, no background check, and no record of sale.

This is so absurdly stupid that it's hard to respond to it. But lets just start with the most basic: ff you want to watch a movie with extreme violence or buy music with extreme messages, you have to show your identification to prove you are of a certain age.

To buy an AR-15 with a shitload of ammo in many states, you don't have to show your identification to prove your age.

Movies have never directly killed anyone. Guns? Yeah, they have directly killed a person or two. Movies are not the tool which is being used to hurt people. Guns are the tools being used to hurt people. A person can't take a movie and kill somebody with it. A person can take a gun and kill somebody with it.

We could go on and on with this. The fact that you think this was somehow a worthy analogy is scary. Did you forget to put the picture of Matt Damon in your post to fully copy the Facebook meme?

You have to be at least 18 to BUY any long gun in this country. Anyone that sells a minor a long gun has broken the law.

Here we go again with bull shit statements. I can give my child a gun. However, He cant go buy one. So anybody that sells a minor a gun and doesnt confirm age has broken an existing law. I cant go buy some random kids a gun and givd it to them. That is called a straw man purchase and is in violation of federal law.if i want o guy junior a 20 gauge i am good. If rifle sells my junior who is under 18 a gun he has violated the law.

First, you absolutely have to show ID and prove how old you are to buy a gun. The fact that you're saying otherwise is ridiculous. Secondly, there are already background checks and waiting periods in place (Jesus, have you never watched The Simpsons?) And 3rd, the 2nd Amendment was written specifically so it couldn't be changed or impeded in any way, shape, or form. The fact that movies don't kill anybody isn't the point. You're ok with gun regulation but not gun speech regulation. And lastly, I would bet dollars to donuts that any gun you own was bought illegally and has never been registered.

Oh yeah...and you still didn't dispute the fact that you ran from me in this thread and used extragreed as reinforcement only after I called you out.

You have to be at least 18 to BUY any long gun in this country.

And you have to be 18 to go to a XXX movie (and some age to go to an R or NC-17 movie). The difference? You have to show ID to access those. To buy a gun, you don't have to show ID many times.

First, you absolutely have to show ID and prove how old you are to buy a gun. The fact that you're saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Jesus Christ, BC. Have you ever bought a gun? Have you ever lived in Florida, Texas, or numerous other states and bought a gun? Exactly. There are many times where it is perfectly legal to buy a gun from a stranger and not have to show an ID. It happens every day, legally, all over the country.

Here, learn something:

https://thinkprogress.org/easier-to-buy-gun-than-vote-095a34c11e02/

If you don't trust that source, I can provide you many more, including politifact, which does a good job staying neutral.

Secondly, there are already background checks and waiting periods in place (Jesus, have you never watched The Simpsons?)

You should stop watching The Simpsons and start getting some real life experiences.

In many states, including Texas, there is absolutely no waiting period. In many states, you can sell without any type of background check. Are you really denying these things?

You're ok with gun regulation but not gun speech regulation.

Yes, because talking about guns or acting with guns in a movie aren't killing anybody. Actual guns are killing people.

God damn, @murox , will you tell your boy how asinine his attempt at an analogy is. "You're ok with gun regulations but not gun speech regulation." Christ.

And lastly, I would bet dollars to donuts that any gun you own was bought illegally and has never been registered.

This just shows you ignorant you are to gun laws. In many states, including Texas, there is no registration. There is no fvcking gun registration in Texas. I have bought all of my guns legally from brick-and-mortar stores where background checks are required (because they are considered dealers). But many places don't require registering guns (I am quite sure is is the majority of states), so if the seller isn't a dealer (such as people selling just a few guns a few times a year), there is no background check and no registration.

This last quote of yours really shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Oh yeah...and you still didn't dispute the fact that you ran from me in this thread and used extragreed as reinforcement only after I called you out.

BC, with all due respect, your attempt at an analogy was something I wouldn't even expect Fever to post. "You're ok with gun regulation but not with gun speech regulation." My god.

Virtually every state in America requires you to be 18 to buy a gun, unless it can be proven that you got your parents' permission...which is basically them buying the gun anyway. Why you're denying this is beyond me.

I hate that you typed all that for no reason. I'm not arguing on the merits of what laws are where. I'm arguing that you're in favor of limiting 2nd Amendment rights, but not ok with limiting 1st Amendment rights, which is hypocritical. I can easily link rap lyrics to gun violence in this country, yet you would oppose any limits to a rapper's freedom of speech, regardless of the positive impact it may have on black communities. For the record, I would oppose it to because I'm consistent in my beliefs, unlike you.

"Common sense" gun regulation is a BS statement made by big government liberals to mask their true intentions.

Unlicensed persons may sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a long gun or long gun ammunition to a person of any age. http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/minimum-age/#federal

18 states have no law that supersedes the above federal law. http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/minimum-age/
why don't you read BC's post above, his final statment is best. You reference Gifford's Gun Grabbing web site where they fail to mention all the state regulations, like getting your parents permission, etc. Vermont might be the exception, but I am not going to look it up as that is up to the people of Vermont.

"Common sense" gun regulation is a BS statement made by big government liberals to mask their true intentions

Fortunately, purchasing a long gun is even easier than buying a handgun. Just like with handguns, no permit is required to buy a long gun, and a background check is required if purchasing from a firearms dealer.

There also isn’t a minimum age for possession of long guns, so you do not need to wait until you are 18 to purchase your first long gun!
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-laws-state/georgia-gun-laws/

Fortunately, purchasing a long gun is even easier than buying a handgun. Just like with handguns, no permit is required to buy a long gun, and a background check is required if purchasing from a firearms dealer.

There also isn’t a minimum age for possession of long guns, so you do not need to wait until you are 18 to purchase your first long gun!
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/gun-laws-state/georgia-gun-laws/
Federal law mandates that you have to be 18 to purchase a long gun from a licensed dealer

Colorado
Buyer: No limit to number or firearms purchased at once, no waiting period to purchase, 18+ for handguns, no minimum age for long guns

Georgia
Buyer: 18+ for handguns, no minimum age for long guns

Mississippi
Buyer: no minimum age to possess rifles or shotguns,

Montana
Buyer: No specific age restriction,

New Mexico
Buyer: 19+ for handguns, no age requirement for long guns

North Carolina

North Dakota