ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball: So. Conf vs C-USA

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
Another thread has attacked DD about his ability to recruit. I have also read on here how bad C-USA is. So here is a question for all of the Negative Nellie's on here. Do you honestly believe that The Southern Conference was a better basketball conference when we played in it than C-USA now is?

You see it wasn't if your being honest, so based on the logic of some all of our NCAA tourney bids in the 80's are of no value because of the level of play. I have looked this up before and the SOS of the 2 are close but currently we are playing a harder SOS than back in the Huck era.

I was a student in the early 80's and really enjoyed the time in the Southern Conference. Based on what some say we can surmise that we only got to the tourneys cause the schedule was easy. We had maybe one tough conference foe each year( UT Chattanooga and later in the 80's E. Tenn State).
My point is this. Just enjoy the journey fellows. DD is the right man for this time in Marshall basketball history. Like Moses he may not get to the Promise Land but he is laying the foundation I believe that will make Marshall basketball a force in C-USA for years to come. And when we return to the big dance I promise you I will enjoy it like I did when Huck was here and not worry about whether we played a hard SOS or how many stars were beside the players names on the court.Just my view from where I sit.

Reactions: Elkview
ohio Herd wrote that Dan is "laying the foundation." Really? Laying the foundation. Friend the foundation has been here for years. I understand what you are trying to say but he is not laying any foundation. He may be trying to build a team like during his playing days but the team he played on would embarrass these guys he has today. Don't get me wrong ohio I have just as much passion to see them win but the foundation was laid years ago and has been in need of repairs for years now.

ohio Herd wrote that Dan is "laying the foundation." Really? Laying the foundation. Friend the foundation has been here for years. I understand what you are trying to say but he is not laying any foundation. He may be trying to build a team like during his playing days but the team he played on would embarrass these guys he has today. Don't get me wrong ohio I have just as much passion to see them win but the foundation was laid years ago and has been in need of repairs for years now.
okay he is trying to make repairs...how's that?

Anyone know the mainstay phrases of Marshall athletics....

Regardless of sport....

1. We are young.

2. Wait till next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT