ADVERTISEMENT

Bball OOC

I Herd dat

Green Buffalo
Jul 20, 2016
is there any talk yet about moving the Bball vs WVU to home and home instead of in charleston? Personally I'd prefer that because as a freshman with no car I really can't get to charleston but beyond my own reason it would be nice to do that series like any other series.

That series is over. Who knows if it'll ever be renewed.

They're not playing at all this year? I thought it was an annual thing at least for basketball. Hell it was the one game a year I could actually go to, minus the ridiculous price for tickets

Bob Huggins got his feelings hurt so he took his ball and went home.

wvu didn't like playing MU, the fans and coaches said it hurt their RPI which is BS. wvu wanted the series in Morgantown and complained about splitting the ticket sales in Charleston, they wanted a bigger piece of the pie. Dantoni pissed off huggins by saying wvu is scared to play MU, that was the final straw for huggins and he didn't renew the series. It's all petty shit coming out of Morgantown but in their minds it's legit reasons to not play. It's fine, we absolutely don't need the game and sure as hell don't need their white trash attitude.

Reactions: Elkview
Well agree we don't need the series. I just liked the atmosphere

Also under the radar: they dropped the women's series, just as last year's game was very competitive and MU's program is making major strides with local kids. They flat out ran away.

Well again it's not like that series matters for our season. But on the other hand why would they want to play it either? If they beat us it's not a big deal and if we beat them then it's not worth it to them. I say both programs are better off not playing each other. Screw em!

On another note, wasn't there talk of a series with us and Tennessee in football?

The ugly truth as to why MIFART refuses to play in Huntington in either men's major sports is both coaches fear getting a DUI that won't be covered up by the HPD.

Never gonna happen while Chuggy or Holdshimself on the sideline are HCs.

Reactions: Elkview
w1jq0tbnx8pql9okasev.jpg

Bob Huggins D-U-I

Police say huggins had red watery eyes...slurred speech...and smelled of alcohol when they pulled him over....they say they found vomit on the driver's side of his car door. When officers ask him to walk in a straight line, we see huggins stumble. You can't hear it on the tape, but when officers asked Huggins to recite the alphabet they say he began "e, f, g, h, i , k, l, n, z." Officers says Huggins told them had been drinking at Martinez restaurant with U-C basketball recruits and their families. He said he didn't know what time he had started.

When huggins gets into the back of the police cruiser, we can hear a conversation between him and the arresting officer.

Huggins: "Excuse me sir, please don't do this to me."

Officer: "I'm not doing anything to you sir."

The officer gets out of the car.

Huggins: "Mother F----- cuffed me. Are you shi----- me?"

When the officer gets back into his cruiser he says something that indicates this is not the first time Huggins has been stopped for a D-U-I but it sounds as though in the past, officers did not press charges.

Huggins: "Sir?"

Officer: "You know we had you before. You know that? We took you home."

Huggins: "No sir."

Officer: "We took you home, remember that?"

is there any talk yet about moving the Bball vs WVU to home and home instead of in charleston? Personally I'd prefer that because as a freshman with no car I really can't get to charleston but beyond my own reason it would be nice to do that series like any other series.
where have you been? How can you be a Herd fan and not know this...just curious?

Because I played sports in high school and didn't follow it as closely as I would have liked. I was able to make the Marshall WVU game because it was local for me. My Uncle Smitty used to take me to that game.

Because I played sports in high school and didn't follow it as closely as I would have liked. I was able to make the Marshall WVU game because it was local for me. My Uncle Smitty used to take me to that game.

Welcome to the board man. Always glad to meet a fellow herd fan!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT