ADVERTISEMENT

BITCOIN IS GOING THRU THE ROOF

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
MAY 15TH I HAD JUST OVER $2,000 WORTH OF BITCOINS, AS OF TODAY IT IS
WORTH ALMOST $10,000, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN FRANCISCO — Digital gold. The new tulip mania. A virtual currency.

Whatever you want to call it, Bitcoin is on an extraordinary run, with the price of a single Bitcoin crossing $10,000 on some exchanges for the first time on Monday — less than two months after it crossed $5,000 for the first time.

It is a bull market with few precedents in recent investing history. The Dow Jones industrial average, in its biggest year, 1915, went up 82 percent, or one-tenth as much as Bitcoin has gone up this year. Amazon’s red-hot stock is up only one-fifteenth as much as Bitcoin this year.

The price has been pushed up by a flood of new buyers from around the world who think they have spotted a new kind of investment that could ultimately compete with gold as a place to store money outside the control of companies and governments.

In recent months, trading among ordinary investors has taken off in South Korea and Japan. Seoul now has multiple storefronts where less technically adept people can buy and sell Bitcoin. It was on Korean exchanges where the price of Bitcoin first hit $10,000 on Monday.

Hedge funds have also been clamoring to get a piece of the action. More than 100 hedge funds invest only in Bitcoin and other virtual currencies.

But current investors see that after all the previous popped bubbles — and there have been several — the price eventually returned to its old high and then vaulted past it. The price of a Bitcoin is now more than seven times the high it reached in 2013.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/...e-10000.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

Just don't be the one holding when the music stops. This will be one of those things where it drops 95% in a day.

i'll keep that in mind, meanwhile up another 9.48% today.

btw isn't that what you said 18 months ago when they were at $332, me thinks it is.

I SEE YOU STILL HAVENT CAUGHT ON.

President-elect Donald Trump stood before hundreds of cheering workers and declared that he had saved our jobs from moving to Mexico.

A year later, we feel betrayed. Carrier has announced that more than 600 workers are being laid off, with the last line scheduled to work their final shift right after the holidays.

The workers at Carrier aren’t the only ones who feel victimized by Trump’s false promises. United Technologies, Carrier’s parent company, is laying off another 700 workers right up the road from the Carrier plant in Huntington. And Rexnord, another plant in Indianapolis, just closed its doors, too. Workers at both plants hoped that Trump would come to the rescue, but he never showed up.

“I don’t think he’s really going to come through, even though I hoped he would,” one laid-off worker told me.
“He pulled a bait-and-switch on us,” another said.

I SEE YOU STILL HAVENT CAUGHT ON.

President-elect Donald Trump stood before hundreds of cheering workers and declared that he had saved our jobs from moving to Mexico.

A year later, we feel betrayed. Carrier has announced that more than 600 workers are being laid off, with the last line scheduled to work their final shift right after the holidays.

The workers at Carrier aren’t the only ones who feel victimized by Trump’s false promises. United Technologies, Carrier’s parent company, is laying off another 700 workers right up the road from the Carrier plant in Huntington. And Rexnord, another plant in Indianapolis, just closed its doors, too. Workers at both plants hoped that Trump would come to the rescue, but he never showed up.

“I don’t think he’s really going to come through, even though I hoped he would,” one laid-off worker told me.
“He pulled a bait-and-switch on us,” another said.
yeah, uhhhh, you're obviously the one that hasn't caught on. i'll let you research the markets over the past year, boast some more about your bitcoin, and, while your at it, take a look at the unemployment rate. get back to us with your comparisons, we're all on pins and needles awaiting the results of which we already know.

hey, at least you have that one event to cry about, amirite?

ITS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT - YOU ARE COMPLETLY EAT UP WITH RIGHT WING PROPANDA.
SEEK HELP.

ITS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT - YOU ARE COMPLETLY EAT UP WITH RIGHT WING PROPANDA.
SEEK HELP.
IOW, it's worse for your argument than you thought. you thought it'd be worse than what it is, but it's much better than what you thought it'd be. thus, it's worse for any argument you could make about the economy than you thought.

gotcha.

i'll keep that in mind, meanwhile up another 9.48% today.

btw isn't that what you said 18 months ago when they were at $332, me thinks it is.

I didn't say some people aren't going to make money, but some people,are going to lose a lot also. Exhibit A is that nice $1,000 drop in ten minutes you saw today. It could very well keep running, but it's like musical chairs, somebody will get left out in the cold.

got damn, trump got this economy rolling!

Are you talking about the guy that said he'd be the biggest job creator God ever made? The same guy that is on target to have the worst jobs record since 2011? That guy?

I didn't say some people aren't going to make money, but some people,are going to lose a lot also. Exhibit A is that nice $1,000 drop in ten minutes you saw today. It could very well keep running, but it's like musical chairs, somebody will get left out in the cold.

People with large mining operations that have already covered sunk costs and are just paying for electricity are making a fortune. Everyone else is pissing in the breeze or playing with fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT