ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD C-USA Championship Game: #6 Marshall vs. #1 Middle Tennessee

ARandomHerdFan

USER BANNED
Jan 9, 2006
90 minutes until tip.

Win or lose, this has been a fun tournament. With that being said...

Let's win this damn thing.

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
Keep in mind we were down 21 at one point vs MTSU in Huntington..no need to panic we cant shoot this poorly for the entire night ( hopefully).

Somewhat wondered the same thing - I deleted two or three post of mine as it appeared no one was on the board.

So , regroup , think about the way we played yesterday , take control of the paint and lets see what happens.

Reactions: FanofThunder
You can not just stand flat footed ( in the paint) and expect to stop a big like MTSU's and I know Taylor has 3 fouls but this is all or nothing

We have had two great opportunities to tie this game and did not take advantage of them plus then allowed MTSU to score and send it back to down by 6

Now a shot clock violation on a made 3 - good grief.

I thought we started out a little timid. Once we got going we played a solid game against a good team. I think the future is bright and like what Dan is doing here.

Reactions: FanofThunder
Well , last night was one huge disappointment for sure , had a shot to end a 30 year streak of being MIA at The Dance and let it slip away especially when we had the deficit down to 2 points. A lot of questions could be ask about a lot of things that did not go on during the entire game but the season is over , no point in berating something that can not be changed at this time.

Hopefully Dantoni will start doing some serious recruiting ( that is another story all together) as the talent within the state is not going to take the program to the level most want to see and that is more than just winning 20 and coming up short at CUSA. What I am talking about is winning 25 or more during the regular season ( not counting conference championship games) winning CUSA regular season and the tournament then going dancing and staying for more than one game.

We shall see what we shall see.

Well , last night was one huge disappointment for sure , had a shot to end a 30 year streak of being MIA at The Dance and let it slip away especially when we had the deficit down to 2 points. A lot of questions could be ask about a lot of things that did not go on during the entire game but the season is over , no point in berating something that can not be changed at this time.

Hopefully Dantoni will start doing some serious recruiting ( that is another story all together) as the talent within the state is not going to take the program to the level most want to see and that is more than just winning 20 and coming up short at CUSA. What I am talking about is winning 25 or more during the regular season ( not counting conference championship games) winning CUSA regular season and the tournament then going dancing and staying for more than one game.

We get it you hate dantoni and Marshall

Reactions: ohio herd

Do you know how many times we have won 25 games in lets say the past 50 odd years?
Let me help you .....2 times. OMG why can't you enjoy the progress we have made?For the record 77 we have won 25 or more games 5 times in over 100 years of basketball....give it a rest

77's demands would make for easily the greatest season in MU Div 1 history. That would be incredible to see.

Reactions: ohio herd
Perhaps the NIT might consider us. Not sure that MH wants to spend good money in a "Pay for Play" event.
In either case a home game would draw. Away, well depends where.

The funny thing is the WV guys had nothing to do with us not winning last night or actually the whole year. Some of the WV kids have been our best players.

The reason we didn't win last night had a few reasons. Number one and it's been glaring all year is lack of a good big man. I'm not even talking about a Hassan Whiteside or Tom Curry. I'm talking about a couple of serviceable big men. That has a little size and most of all strength. That would have made a difference in several games this year.

We have had several over the years that would have fit the bill. With a Rodney Holden type of big man and we win 25 games this year.

We also got in a big hole to start the game and we had to spend the rest of the game digging out. After playing 4ganes in 4 days you could see the legs starting to go late in the game after we got back in it.

We also had some huge missed free throws late in the game that would have kept it closer but we missed.

I'm very proud of the Herd in this tournament. I think Dan will solve the big man issues and I think we will contend for the CUSA title the rest of the time he is here.

No 77 does not demand anything - just saying that if we want to be part of the national scene ( which so many here appear to want) then you have to play and win like the teams you see going to the Dance - teams like Princeton ( 23-6) Bucknell (26-8 and won 16 of their last 18 games , North Dakota 22-9 to list three that are not considered national powers but ck the records - heck add Northern Kentucky , UC Davis and New Orleans to the list as well- I'm sure North Dakota is a wonderful place to spend the winter and has some magic surrounding it with regards to recruiting.

No HF 479 I do not hate by any means Marshall nor Danny - which if you actually new me and my background you would understand and know.

Ohio Herd - I am very well aware of our record as well as history or lack there of so dont try to tell me what I already know.

Cali - 4 games in 4 days - how did Duke do it at a higher level ( ACC) ?? For sure the lack of a big or two killed this team all year long , and someone standing and watching as we fell further and further behind did not help matters. Then when we did close to a 2 to tie or 3 to take the lead we freaked on multiple possessions allowing MTSU to rebuild their original lead.

Cali - Danny will not solve the big man issue roaming the state of West Virginia for sure. The man has got to come to the realization he will have to leave the state if he seriously intends to move the program to a level where we can make The Dance - this is CUSA not the ACC / Big East / A-10 / Big 10/12..but CUSA with only one serious contender that being MTSU who I predict will lose their coach within the next couple of weeks to possibly LSU.

Anyway guys I do not hate Marshall , do not hate Danny , but do have some serious expectations , dont make the 70-72 Herd the only time we really looked seriously competitive #8 in the AP at one point.( and that takes into consideration some of Huck's teams)

How many of the teams listed won their league. Don't act like if we went 27-4 yet lost in the conf tournament we'd still be an atlarge bid

dont make the 70-72 Herd the only time we really looked seriously competitive #8 in the AP at one point.( and that takes into consideration some of Huck's teams)

And tell me again, how many NCAA tourney games did those teams win (which you state in your original post you have to do to be considered relevant on a national scale)? If that is the criteria, then those teams were not "relevant" (40 years ago) either. No Marshall team ever has ever been "relevant" if that is the measuring stick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT