ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Charlotte Game Cancelled

It has to be COVID, regardless of the use of "a few Covid cases", teams don't cancel games, agree to have their games cancelled, due to injuries on the other team. Next man up rules are expected with injuries; but contact tracing debilitates entire blocks of players.
Ask Dabo Sweeney
Hahaa

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Shit. I remember fights between players and a few "bad elements" along the Hal Greer Blvd/ Fairfield stadium corridor in the late 80s. Watched a few fights between HPD and players during the Donnan era in downtown huntington too........never made the news.

Doc is known for recruiting as many malcontents and felons as he is stars. Why is any of this so hard to believe? I wouldn't doubt that any of this wasn't a possibility.
Hahaaa yehh agree

The falsehood's presented in this post are so off the charts that I'm not even going to acknowledge them.

I will simply say that they're not true and leave it at that.

This is just an attempt to feed off a loss with complete bullshit to further an agenda.

You have absolutely no credibility on this board due to your attempts at ass-kissing forcing you to lie and cover-up for Shewey. And that's not good considering your credibility is what drives revenue to the site.

Do you get info that Shewey wants you to share that most people wouldn't get access to? Sure. But you also deny true and accurate information simply to keep access to the other info you are given. A better idea would be to keep your mouth shut and stop denying anything critical of Shewey instead of trying to cover things that are true.

That way, you can still get the info Shewey wants you to share and not expose yourself as a liar for denying the things they don't want to get out (see a list of things presented in this thread that you previously had denied that were actually true).

So since Marshall canceled, based on the numerous accusations Marshall fans have posted on here when other teams had to cancel with Marshall, it's because Marshall is just scared of Charlotte and is trying to avoid the inevitable loss. Actually, it's probably the result of Rice's coach being in the ear of a ref all game.

Last edited:
Reactions: herdfella
Is everyone reading the quotes by Hamrick in the various news stories? Notice he is choosing his words very wisely now and not saying it’s Covid or injuries preventing the game. His latest quote to the HD said the game was cancelled due to “the health-and-safety of players in a certain position group.” If I was a betting man, I’d say he is referring to the offensive line (one of the groups involved in the divide) but of course no reporters have the balls to ask what group of players, who was injured or whats’s going on.

This wouldn’t be too dissimilar to the group of Vanderbilt players that said “we’re not playing until internal problems are taken care of.” Can any of the deniers offer a real explanation for the cancellation of the game? And I hope you don’t fall for the “injuries” explanation for a third time...you have to be smarter than that.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Is everyone reading the quotes by Hamrick in the various news stories? Notice he is choosing his words very wisely now and not saying it’s Covid or injuries preventing the game. His latest quote to the HD said the game was cancelled due to “the health-and-safety of players in a certain position group.” If I was a betting man, I’d say he is referring to the offensive line (one of the groups involved in the divide) but of course no reporters have the balls to ask what group of players, who was injured or whats’s going on.

This wouldn’t be too dissimilar to the group of Vanderbilt players that said “we’re not playing until internal problems are taken care of.” Can any of the deniers offer a real explanation for the cancellation of the game? And I hope you don’t fall for the “injuries” explanation for a third time...you have to be smarter than that.
Or follow me here it could be they came into contact with a covid positive person and have to quarantine

You have absolutely no credibility on this board due to your attempts at ass-kissing forcing you to lie and cover-up for Shewey. And that's not good considering your credibility is what drives revenue to the site.

Do you get info that Shewey wants you to share that most people wouldn't get access to? Sure. But you also deny true and accurate information simply to keep access to the other info you are given. A better idea would be to keep your mouth shut and stop denying anything critical of Shewey instead of trying to cover things that are true.

That way, you can still get the info Shewey wants you to share and not expose yourself as a liar for denying the things they don't want to get out (see a list of things presented in this thread that you previously had denied that were actually true).

So since Marshall canceled, based on the numerous accusations Marshall fans have posted on here when other teams had to cancel with Marshall, it's because Marshall is just scared of Charlotte and is trying to avoid the inevitable loss. Actually, it's probably the result of Rice's coach being in the ear of a ref all game.

Blah....blah....blah.

Keep being you man. Don't ever change. It's amazing.

Lisa needs braces.

adzt1ojlhsy21.png

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
A) It doesn't take a real educated man to pick up on the fact that the OL room is down right now. We were missing two starters last week and Tarik struggled through the game. Common sense says that he may have missed this week as well.

B) There is no "divide."

C) Like I previously stated, your OG post was so far off base that it's not even worth talking about.

Or follow me here it could be they came into contact with a covid positive person and have to quarantine

With the current testing programs in place that’s not the way schools have been operating. Only if a player tests positive are they out. With the frequent, ongoing testing there is no need to quarantine due to “potential exposure.” And if there was a change in procedure and that’s the case why not come out and say it?

Have you just started watching Marshall football? Doc chokes and loses a game he shouldn't every year. And we didn't lay down. Grant threw 5 interceptions that turned into 14 points meaning the defense gave up a whopping 6 points and at least one of those FGs were because of a Wells INT.

We didn't lay down. Our QB melted down.

Hey. Maybe he threw the game. Did I do that right?
Doc choking at least 1 game every year is a fact, but this wasn't a bad in-game coaching decision that led to a loss. I don't understand why it is so hard to acknowledge the possibility that there may be a divide in the locker room against a coach that has a divisive personality. I've spoken to several former players (that actually played) and they think he is a zero-personality, stubborn, asshat that once he gets his mind made up that there is no changing it even if he is dead wrong.
I was at the game, i watched all 5 of the interceptions. Grant and the receivers looked as if they had never practiced together. Were receivers running poor (or flat out wrong) routes? I don't know, and neither do you.
The defense was on the field for 13 of the points. I don't care if there were turnovers that caused short fields, etc. the Mighty Owl offense (who, if I'm not mistaken, was starting a backup QB) moved the ball much more effectively that any team we have played this year. Was it just a perfect storm of terrible timing and the annual Doc screw up, MAYBE. Could it be something more? SURE it could be.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
A) It doesn't take a real educated man to pick up on the fact that the OL room is down right now. We were missing two starters last week and Tarik struggled through the game. Common sense says that he may have missed this week as well.

B) There is no "divide."

C) Like I previously stated, your OG post was so far off base that it's not even worth talking about.

If my reason is not correct, can I hear your (Shewey’s) explanation for why the game was cancelled? Please be very specific and don’t speak in vague generalities like Mr. Hamrick.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I can tell you from personal experience that they would.
Interesting, because I have experienced a hit and run in a Marshall parking lot and the HPD refused to come, "it is a MUPD call".
I have no idea why they were there, its just interesting that what I saw matches up with what was stated in the thread. Could be coincidence, but usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

Shit. I remember fights between players and a few "bad elements" along the Hal Greer Blvd/ Fairfield stadium corridor in the late 80s. Watched a few fights between HPD and players during the Donnan era in downtown huntington too........never made the news.

Doc is known for recruiting as many malcontents and felons as he is stars. Why is any of this so hard to believe? I wouldn't doubt that any of this wasn't a possibility.

MU media coverage in the Fairfield era consisted of Ernie Salvatore rehashing the previous week's game and telling you that next year would be better. The Donnan I-AA era was not really much different.

But why is this "hard to believe" ? Because in 1985 or 1990 nobody had a video camera in their back pocket and unlimited access to publish what they record. Today everyone does. I am calling bulls*** because it is impossible to believe that a "large fight" in a public parking lot in the middle of a city of 50000 people can be covered up. Because it cannot.

No, its a conspiracy theory, I tells ya.

This is probably a new low in the rotten super-fan turned rotten minority of MU fans. I'm pretty sure if you look at any other team's boards that has lost games to the panic/pandemic they are all disappointed, but that is all. But not the rotten super-fan minority. Its a plot, Doc is at fault and Mike is an evil genius.

Sad really.

and they think he is a zero-personality, stubborn, asshat that once he gets his mind made up that there is no changing it even if he is dead wrong.

LOL damn I hate to say it but this kinda jives with the view from Row 36.

One of the downsides of casting disciplinary issues as injuries and injuries as "things" and "things" as "deals" is that, after ten years of it, nobody believes you anymore and just assumes you're covering shit up again, again. Again.

Blah....blah....blah.

Keep being you man. Don't ever change. It's amazing.

Hey, it doesn't count as posting personal information if you didn't get the info from the Rivals sign-up information.

Really? Then elaborate on the things he has posted in the past that you denied, namely, his claim that Chase was actually suspended and not injured like was the word from Shewey.

But why is this "hard to believe" ? Because in 1985 or 1990 nobody had a video camera in their back pocket and unlimited access to publish what they record. Today everyone does. I am calling bulls*** because it is impossible to believe that a "large fight" in a public parking lot in the middle of a city of 50000 people can be covered up. Because it cannot.

The only things hard to believe are your claims that are illogical. Which parking lot was it? If it was in the long parking lot between the stadium and Cline Athletic Complex, nobody in this 50K populated city other than the football players would have seen it. It's not a parking lot anybody other than athletic personnel would use, and due to Covid and the time of the practice, it would probably only be football players that could even see the parking lot.

If there is a fight of 10 players, most players aren't sitting back pulling out their phones to record. They are either taking a side or trying to break up the fight considering it involves friends/teammates on both sides of the fight.

The same thing holds true if the fight happened to be in the small parking lot outside of the stadium or even in the large, main parking lot of the stadium. More people would possibly be able to see the fight, but if they are driving and not looking into the parking lot, if the fight lasts 60 seconds before teammates break it up, etc., it wouldn't have many people at all seeing it.

Last edited:
Doc choking at least 1 game every year is a fact, but this wasn't a bad in-game coaching decision that led to a loss. I don't understand why it is so hard to acknowledge the possibility that there may be a divide in the locker room against a coach that has a divisive personality. I've spoken to several former players (that actually played) and they think he is a zero-personality, stubborn, asshat that once he gets his mind made up that there is no changing it even if he is dead wrong.
I was at the game, i watched all 5 of the interceptions. Grant and the receivers looked as if they had never practiced together. Were receivers running poor (or flat out wrong) routes? I don't know, and neither do you.
The defense was on the field for 13 of the points. I don't care if there were turnovers that caused short fields, etc. the Mighty Owl offense (who, if I'm not mistaken, was starting a backup QB) moved the ball much more effectively that any team we have played this year. Was it just a perfect storm of terrible timing and the annual Doc screw up, MAYBE. Could it be something more? SURE it could be.
Undefeated teams that have been having fun all season long just all the sudden don't have deep rifts that cause them to just quit on senior day.

Also there were many coaching blunders that led to that loss. We did nothing to help 71 out who was getting abused all game and when you look at at the play-by-play we were pass happy. Knox was getting good runs and there was no reason why we couldn't establish the run against a 1-2 team that had the 65th run defense in the nation. I don't care what they were scheming. They hadn't stopped anyone all season.

Leaving Grant out there all game to just flap in the wind was another blunder. Everyone in that building saw Wells folding under the pressure of that game. Doc should have pulled him for a play or a series to settle him down. Run Gaines out there in the wildcat that was working in the beginning of the season or send Zban out there to run the ball. He really seems to embrace QB runs.

Doc just kept going with the same game plan no matter what was happening. You do realize that even if the defense pitched a shutout we still lose that game. And you can just brush off the short field stuff all you want, but those INTs gave possessions to Rice they never would have had and kept the defense on the field too much. At some point the offense needed to do their part. The defense did enough to win that game. And their offense wasn't moving the ball at will on us either. They only had two sustained drives all game.

We had a freshman QB look like a freshman QB. The team just didn't quit because they hate the head coach or because some players got into some alleged fight.

I recall a post on the other board (hf) describing the fight or alleged fight. So I’m pretty sure that people actually saw the fight. It was taken as a joke over there and only had like 4-5 replies. So at least one part of the story seems true.

B) There is no "divide."

What is common sense about Adams may have to miss this week? Just because he played poorly?

I recall a post on the other board (hf) describing the fight or alleged fight. So I’m pretty sure that people actually saw the fight. It was taken as a joke over there and only had like 4-5 replies. So at least one part of the story seems true.

Yes thank you! I was trying to find that here and couldn’t remember where I saw it.

Somebody specifically asked if anybody had heard anything because they saw what appeared to be the aftermath of a fight involving multiple football players.

If my reason is not correct, can I hear your (Shewey’s) explanation for why the game was cancelled? Please be very specific and don’t speak in vague generalities like Mr. Hamrick.

That would consist of me talking about premium information and I simply won't do that on the free board.

I always find it comical how people like yourself only post this type of stuff on the free board. For some reason, the off base bull shit never seems to find its way to the premium board. Wonder why that is?

What is common sense about Adams may have to miss this week? Just because he played poorly?

Had nothing to do with Tarik's performance. His body just simply can't withstand a full game of snaps. Football has taken its toll on him. I have nothing but respect for that kid and the way he battles.

Really? Then elaborate on the things he has posted in the past that you denied, namely, his claim that Chase was actually suspended and not injured like was the word from Shewey.

Again, we're talking about something that happened five years ago and means absolutely nothing to me now, but I don't recall denying he was suspended TBH.

I'm sure you've already spent your time googling it otherwise you wouldn't have brought the one instance up, but again, that was five years ago........

I am curious as to how someone that joined the board in 2018 is claiming that they released info back in 2015, but maybe he's like you just creates numerous accounts. I don't know.......

That would consist of me talking about premium information and I simply won't do that on the free board.

I always find it comical how people like yourself only post this type of stuff on the free board. For some reason, the off base bull shit never seems to find its way to the premium board. Wonder why that is?

I’m not currently a premium member. The primary reason I’m not a member currently is that I am not very interested in recruiting . And the recruiting content you guys do an excellent job with.

But in my experience these questions are no more likely to be answered on the premium board then they are here. It’s typically the same “I’ve got a secret” or Marshall AD PR field office schtick.

Why would I pay for the sub-par material you try to pass off a journalism?

Of course you didn’t answer my question. You hide behind the “premium information” vail like the athletic department calls everything they don’t want to explain an “injury.” Telling me your version of why a game was cancelled is not premium information. Especially after the athletic director has done so publicly through multiple media outlets.

I’m not currently a premium member. The primary reason I’m not a member currently is that I am not very interested in recruiting . And the recruiting content you guys do an excellent job with.

But in my experience these questions are no more likely to be answered on the premium board then they are here. It’s typically the same “I’ve got a secret” or Marshall AD PR field office schtick.

To some point, things get discussed in a more open manner nowadays.

There's an open discussion going on about the supposed "brawl" or "large fight" or however it's been depicted as on here.

@Chris McLaughlin just gave a pretty clear answer as to what actually happened.

Undefeated teams that have been having fun all season long just all the sudden don't have deep rifts that cause them to just quit on senior day.

Also there were many coaching blunders that led to that loss. We did nothing to help 71 out who was getting abused all game and when you look at at the play-by-play we were pass happy. Knox was getting good runs and there was no reason why we couldn't establish the run against a 1-2 team that had the 65th run defense in the nation. I don't care what they were scheming. They hadn't stopped anyone all season.

Leaving Grant out there all game to just flap in the wind was another blunder. Everyone in that building saw Wells folding under the pressure of that game. Doc should have pulled him for a play or a series to settle him down. Run Gaines out there in the wildcat that was working in the beginning of the season or send Zban out there to run the ball. He really seems to embrace QB runs.

Doc just kept going with the same game plan no matter what was happening. You do realize that even if the defense pitched a shutout we still lose that game. And you can just brush off the short field stuff all you want, but those INTs gave possessions to Rice they never would have had and kept the defense on the field too much. At some point the offense needed to do their part. The defense did enough to win that game. And their offense wasn't moving the ball at will on us either. They only had two sustained drives all game.

We had a freshman QB look like a freshman QB. The team just didn't quit because they hate the head coach or because some players got into some alleged fight.

You can chalk it up to a freshman looking like a freshman. Your opinion carries as much validity as any of the other opinions expressed in this thread. But, it is just that an opinion. My opinion is that there is probably more to it, as it is very, very convenient that the fight has been brought to light (and confirmed). Three weeks between playing games is a long time for internal problems to brew, and if it did come to a head it absolutely could have shown its effects on the field Saturday. The entire team didn't have to "quit", it only takes a few pieces of the puzzle to go missing for things to fall to shit, especially when "Doc just kept going with the same game plan no matter what was happening".

Why would I pay for the sub-par material you try to pass off a journalism?

Of course you didn’t answer my question. You hide behind the “premium information” vail like the athletic department calls everything they don’t want to explain an “injury.” Telling me your version of why a game was cancelled is not premium information. Especially after the athletic director has done so publicly through multiple media outlets.

I don't know why "fans" like yourself do anyhting. You haven't posted on this board since September 21st, and all the sudden you're the man behind the mystery with breaking news. It's awful convenient that this hot take only comes days after Marshall's first loss of the season.

Again, we're talking about something that happened five years ago ...

Crazy to realize that you've been lying to customers for at least five years to satisfy Shewey, huh?

Help me with this: if you didn't deny the Litton suspension, but you also didn't call out the lie from Shewey, then why do you call out the alleged lies from former players who disparage Marshall after transferring and disparage posters who post things you claim are not factual? Is your loyalty to this board and your customers or to Shewey?

and means absolutely nothing to me now, but I don't recall denying he was suspended TBH.

And that's a problem. You don't care about lying to the board five years ago, which means you don't care about doing it now.

I am curious as to how someone that joined the board in 2018 is claiming that they released info back in 2015, but maybe he's like you just creates numerous accounts. I don't know.......

Yeah, maybe he is like me and made you look stupid one too many times, resulting in you banning every name he created.

With the current testing programs in place that’s not the way schools have been operating. Only if a player tests positive are they out. With the frequent, ongoing testing there is no need to quarantine due to “potential exposure.” And if there was a change in procedure and that’s the case why not come out and say it?
I know for a FACT entire teams at Marshall have had to quarantine, even members that have already tested positive for the ‘rona. All I’m saying is my scenario is far more likely than your end around hell in a cell death match scenario

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
I know for a FACT entire teams at Marshall have had to quarantine, even members that have already tested positive for the ‘rona. All I’m saying is my scenario is far more likely than your end around hell in a cell death match scenario
Don’t distort the facts. It was stated to have been in a parking lot, so obviously it was a falls count anywhere match ;)

So if we have dozens of players in quarantine. That means they can't practice for 10-14 days, correct?

Again, we're talking about something that happened five years ago and means absolutely nothing to me now, but I don't recall denying he was suspended TBH.

I'm sure you've already spent your time googling it otherwise you wouldn't have brought the one instance up, but again, that was five years ago........

I’ve been reading the board since the early 2000’s but got tired of all the misinformation being shared by the current administration and decided to set the record straight on Tyler King. After talking to Tyler personally, I shared that he was not actually hurt the second half of the season like the athletic department claimed he was. He got in trouble for the second time that year and was suspended for the season. He was perfectly fine to play the last 4 games, but they continued to report he was “injured” and never once mentioned a suspension.

Of course no one on this board believed that Mike Hamrick and company would ever lie to the Herd Faithful so I shared two other instances of them lying. One of which was Chase Litton’s suspension that was sold as an injury. I think most know the truth of this matter now, but it was still being denied when I shared it in 2018. The other instance was when Hamrick went on the record in 2014 and said as the Conference champion, Marshall had no choice which bowl they went to - the conference made that choice for the schools. I emailed the CUSA commissioner and they confirmed that was not true.

To some point, things get discussed in a more open manner nowadays.

There's an open discussion going on about the supposed "brawl" or "large fight" or however it's been depicted as on here.

@Chris McLaughlin just gave a pretty clear answer as to what actually happened.

So at first there was no fight...just two players mixing it up on the field at practice like they always do? And my mentioning of such was a “falsehood so off the charts it was not even worthy of you addressing?”

To now there was a fight and the specifics are being discussed on the other board? You’re losing credibility by the minute. It’s amazing to see the stories change one the pieces start to come together.

And by the way I’m still waiting on your specific answer as to why the game was cancelled.

So at first there was no fight...just two players mixing it up on the field at practice like they always do? And my mentioning of such was a “falsehood so off the charts it was not even worthy of you addressing?”

To now there was a fight and the specifics are being discussed on the other board? You’re losing credibility by the minute. It’s amazing to see the stories change one the pieces start to come together.

And by the way I’m still waiting on your specific answer as to why the game was cancelled.

Again, you're wrong. I said your report of a "large fight" was untrue. I never said there wasn't a fight (which was more of a wrestling/shoving match).

There are no "pieces" coming together. You sound as ridiculous as your OG post.

Like I said, I'm not going to discuss why the game was/was not canceled on the free board.

I'm just going to sit here and wait on you to stir up another sensational lie. It's quite entertaining.

Reactions: marshallsig
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT