ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Charlotte Game Cancelled

Again, you're wrong. I said your report of a "large fight" was untrue. I never said there wasn't a fight (which was more of a wrestling/shoving match).

There are no "pieces" coming together. You sound as ridiculous as your OG post.

Like I said, I'm not going to discuss why the game was/was not canceled on the free board.

I'm just going to sit here and wait on you to stir up another sensational lie. It's quite entertaining.
Since you are so sure that the reasons given by the athletic department today are the truth, will you resign as the admin/moderator of this board if it comes out the game was not cancelled due to the reasons stated by Mr. Hamrick?

Like I said, I'm not going to discuss why the game was/was not canceled on the free board.

What is there to discuss? It was a result of injuries and the lack of available scholarship players available, only a small number of those due to Covid related issues. In other words, somehow between Saturday and this morning, a shit ton of players became unavailable due to something other than Covid related issues.

Since you are so sure that the reasons given by the athletic department today are the truth, will you resign as the admin/moderator of this board if it comes out the game was not cancelled due to the reasons stated by Mr. Hamrick?

Sure.

I’m not real sure how that changes anything, but I’m all for you wasting your time.

MU media coverage in the Fairfield era consisted of Ernie Salvatore rehashing the previous week's game and telling you that next year would be better. The Donnan I-AA era was not really much different.

But why is this "hard to believe" ? Because in 1985 or 1990 nobody had a video camera in their back pocket and unlimited access to publish what they record. Today everyone does. I am calling bulls*** because it is impossible to believe that a "large fight" in a public parking lot in the middle of a city of 50000 people can be covered up. Because it cannot.

The hell it cant. In a town of only 50000 people its even easier to cover up when you have a paper like the HD. What is MU media coverage now??? Kicking out reporters who have actually criticized the program in recent years??? Why yes. Yes it is.

Reactions: i am herdman
Sure.

I’m not real sure how that changes anything, but I’m all for you wasting your time.

Ok and out of fairness if Marshall releases a list of the players and their specific injuries, I’ll remove myself from the board and never post again.

Marshall has 85 scholarship players. One of the teams we played traveled less than 50 players. You really believe that Marshall has 40+ injured players all of the sudden? When did all these injuries happen?!?

Ok and out of fairness if Marshall releases a list of the players and their specific injuries, I’ll remove myself from the board and never post again.

Marshall has 85 scholarship players. One of the teams we played traveled less than 50 players. You really believe that Marshall has 40+ injured players all of the sudden? When did all these injuries happen?!?

Sounds good. I’m not sure people will notice whether you’re gone or not considering you only post once every three months.

This is a good point. If it’s not COVID related and there wasn’t a fight, the S&C staff needs fired on the spot if we have too many injuries to compete.

I could report a fake fight on the corner of 20th St and cops from both branches would show up.
[/QUOTE

And you would be charged with filing a false police report! Insinuating that someone made up that there was a fight and called the police to to use as evidence of their made up claim is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read on this board.

Dear God.......

Let me say this in way that you’ll possibly understand since you clearly couldn’t read through the lines in my last post.

If someone calls in any type of altercation on the corner of 20th Street, cops (both Marshall and Huntington) are going to show up. Using the fact that cops showed up as a way to heighten the level of seriousness is ridiculous.

For that reason, your response is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this board.

Dear God.......

Let me say this in way that you’ll possibly understand since you clearly couldn’t read through the lines in my last post.

If someone calls in any type of altercation on the corner of 20th Street, cops (both Marshall and Huntington) are going to show up. Using the fact that cops showed up as a way to heighten the level of seriousness is ridiculous.

For that reason, your response is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this board.
The AD has said it’s just a small amount due to COVID. Do we have hurt feelings after Rice? What valid explanation would you be willing to accept if say FAU or Charlotte couldn’t play and were backing into a championship?

The AD has said it’s just a small amount due to COVID. Do we have hurt feelings after Rice? What valid explanation would you be willing to accept if say FAU or Charlotte couldn’t play and were backing into a championship?

Marshall beat FAU - Advantage Marshall

Charlotte canceled on Marshall. Marshall canceled on Charlotte. Marshall has 2 more league wins than Charlotte - Advantage Marshall.

Why is that hard to understand?

Reactions: The Real SamC

Charlotte canceled on Marshall. Marshall canceled on Charlotte. Marshall has 2 more league wins than Charlotte - Advantage Marshall.

I was referring to what excuse besides COVID you would be willing to accept a team canceling. Also, you act like we’ve not beaten FAU before only to lose to an MTSU or Charlotte to cost us a championship. What’s so hard to understand?

I was referring to what excuse besides COVID you would be willing to accept a team canceling. Also, you act like we’ve not beaten FAU before only to lose to an MTSU or Charlotte to cost us a championship. What’s so hard to understand?

I fail to understand why the reasoning that was given doesn’t suffice, and I don’t understand how games from previous years even matter at this point.

I fail to understand why the reasoning that was given doesn’t suffice, and I don’t understand how games from previous years even matter at this point.
Showing that Doc has a history of blowing winning the championship doesn’t matter? The AD said it’s a small number COVID related, so using his words, I’ll remove covid(which would also include any tracing which would also be tied to COVID)...so are you ok with this team being this injured to the point of not playing? Is that not screaming that the coaching staff and specifically the S&C coaches failing at their job?

Reactions: HerdFan73
so are you ok with this team being this injured to the point of not playing? Is that not screaming that the coaching staff and specifically the S&C coaches failing at their job?

He's not going to give that answer on the free board for us common folk. His answers come at a premium that can only be found on the paid board.

Reactions: cottrell75
I would like to blame the Chinese and frankly I would use another term for them but Corporate gets made at me for it but as bad as the Chinese are, reality is another Doc coached team sharted the bed. We were a 24 point favorite at home against Rice. God Damn Rice. We didn't score and got beat by 20. I can't blame blame the Chinese folks.

FAU was MAJORLY depleted against us. They only traveled 57 players, and pushed us until they dropped an easy INT and subsequently gave up a TD to basically put the game away.

If they had pulled what we’re pulling now, they win the East.

So I don’t think it’s as straight forward as saying “Advantage Marshall” we beat their ass! When they had SERIOUS depth issues due specifically to covid.

Where’s are issues are at worst, self inflicted or at best, only marginally covid related. And we’re walking away from a game to our benefit.

That just doesn’t sit right with me, at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: cottrell75
I would like to blame the Chinese and frankly I would use another term for them but Corporate gets made at me for it but as bad as the Chinese are, reality is another Doc coached team sharted the bed. We were a 24 point favorite at home against Rice. God Damn Rice. We didn't score and got beat by 20. I can't blame blame the Chinese folks.
China is the largest producer of Rice in the world...

Reactions: GreenDuke
FAU was MAJORLY depleted against us. They only traveled 57 players, and pushed us until they dropped an easy INT and subsequently gave up a TD to basically out the game away.

If they had pulled what we’re pulling now, they win the East.

So I don’t think it’s as straight forward as saying “Advantage Marshall” we beat their ass! When they had SERIOUS depth issues due specifically to covid.

Where’s are issues are at worst, self inflicted or at best, only marginally covid related. And we’re walking away from a game to our benefit.

That just doesn’t sit right with me, at all.
I totally agree with this. I also wonder how many of the same people feel about the state football playoffs in WV...I’m assuming they are totally ok with teams having to forfeit due to COVID and other schools moving on.

Let's be honest here. With the Orthocoronavirinae going around it is the perfect year to do it. Nobody is going to question or ask for records. Can't play, not healthy. Oh God, they have the Orthocoronavirinae . Game cancelled.

Let's be honest here. With the Orthocoronavirinae going around it is the perfect year to do it. Nobody is going to question or ask for records. Can't play, not healthy. Oh God, they have the Orthocoronavirinae . Game cancelled.

I know! I thought Hamrick would at least be smart enough to go the Corona virus route. It wouldn’t have even been questioned. But nope - he went with “we have so many players that magically became injured in the last few days that we don’t have enough to play the game.” He has become so used to using the injury lie that he just can’t help himself!

Well your COVID assessment is off - if your positive your out for 10 days and gets reported to the county and NCAA - if you are around (contract traces) a positive individual your out for 14 days. The contact tracing is a moving target but don’t assume that they would lie about Covid positive testing that’s just foolish

With the current testing programs in place that’s not the way schools have been operating. Only if a player tests positive are they out. With the frequent, ongoing testing there is no need to quarantine due to “potential exposure.” And if there was a change in procedure and that’s the case why not come out and say it?
Your wrong -

Most if not all of your rumor mill reporting is inaccurate - someone close to me is on the team and I have followed these posts for 3 years - you need to re-evaluate your motives and stop being haters

Well your COVID assessment is off - if your positive your out for 10 days and gets reported to the county and NCAA - if you are around (contract traces) a positive individual your out for 14 days. The contact tracing is a moving target but don’t assume that they would lie about Covid positive testing that’s just foolish

Wrong. The players are tested several times a week for this sole reason. If every player that was potentially exposed had to sit out for 14 days there wouldn’t be any players available for any team and we wouldn’t be having a season. If there is a potential exposure, the player is tested at the next testing interval and if they are positive they’re out and if they’re negative they’re cleared to return to all activities. Remember - according to Marshall, their testing program has been so successful and they are testing so often that they hadn’t lost a single player to Covid before this week.

Wrong. The players are tested several times a week for this sole reason. If every player that was potentially exposed had to sit out for 14 days there wouldn’t be any players available for any team and we wouldn’t be having a season. If there is a potential exposure, the player is tested at the next testing interval and if they are positive they’re out and if they’re negative they’re cleared to return to all activities. Remember - according to Marshall, their testing program has been so successful and they are testing so often that they hadn’t lost a single player to Covid before this week.

I completely expect you to disappear into the background again if Marshall wins next Friday.......at least until their next loss.

The hell it cant. In a town of only 50000 people its even easier to cover up when you have a paper like the HD. What is MU media coverage now??? Kicking out reporters who have actually criticized the program in recent years??? Why yes. Yes it is.
The HD may be able to cover it up, they rarely cover anything any ways. But social media would have blown up with video, posts, pics, etc. Kids love to post crap like that. Not to mention tons of cars going by the stadium every hour. jmho

We can replay the games since they will have everyone’s DNA on-hand from being swabbed in 20+ years. ;)

Guys - a news story like this usually has about 1-2 day shelf life. Looks like the Conf Championship game is now set for 12/16? Lawsey they have turned us into the MAC! Wednesday night?

This thread is fueled by the a) haters b) stubborn Josh who can't get over himself & c) the usual crowd. If a & c drop out, b will have nothing to respond to.....just sayin'.....

• Haha
Reactions: HerdFan73
It’s true that FAU nutted up and came here short handed. It’s also true that their inability to control their cooties for most of the preceding 6 weeks is why they really had no choice or risk deep 6ing their entire season. For all the faults associated with the coaching staff, we’ve kept that as under control as well as anyone.

You're wrong buddy - I have a player in the program that went through the protocol - don’t report false information

The CUSA protocol is to test on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Any OOC team coning here must do the same that week. This is for every sport in CUSA

The CUSA protocol is to test on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Any OOC team coning here must do the same that week. This is for every sport in CUSA

Correct. If you are potentially exposed you don’t automatically quarantine for 14 days, you take a test at the next interval and if you pass you’re cleared.

Remember - according to Marshall, their testing program has been so successful and they are testing so often that they hadn’t lost a single player to Covid before this week.

Marshall has never made that claim. Not one time.

The 3x per week testing protocol is to identify cases as quickly as possible to get them isolated. Not to test out of contact tracing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT