ADVERTISEMENT

Chucks article

I am not sold it is all Doc's faught. From a guy that serves as an assistant coach.....the head coach is only as good (or bad) as his supporting staff. We assistants coach our players to improve their skills and when we are successful...our head coach looks like a genius. When we fail....he catches hell. Someone said since Doc is a first time head coach----this makes it difficult to select a productive staff....or terminate a coach. As a manager...the last thing you want to do is fire someone since it impacts a lot of innocent family members....and it also shows you made a poor hiring decision from the beginning. Oh heck.....there are more important things than a football game. People are starving in this world. Go Herd....best WKU.

HERDZilla22
Assistant little league/jv coach isnt really the same thing as an assistant d1 football coach

For High Schools.

Not even close to the same expectations.

Fever.....Google college coaches.....most coached high school players beginning their careers. X and Os are the same....no matter the level. About 85% of Charlotte Christian football coaches played in the NFL....our baseball staff played college baseball. Have you ever HERD guys entering the NFL Hall in Canton say....the best coach I ever had was a high school mentor/coach. Spoken every August.

HerdZilla 22

Last edited:
Assistant little league/jv coach isnt really the same thing as an assistant d1 football coach

Herdfan429.....See Google-----most college coach's BIOs say...He started his career coaching HIGH SCHOOL. X and Os are the same...motivation and attitude are not learned in college....they are taught by middle and high school coaches. EX-College and Pro athletes return to Charlotte Christian School all the time to seek us out. I doubt many return to thank their college coaches......

HerdZilla22

And you’re shocked by that? Landon conspired with Pruett and Justice to get Doc canned last year and you think he’s going to mention something in Doc’s favor? C’mon man!

Doc was dealt a bad hand when he took the job. Most coaches get 2-3 years to repair and rebuild their program. Beyond that time frame, I agree, it’s on him.

My point is this. I just don’t understand how you can pin turnovers on a coach, especially when three out of the four picks thrown, the receivers were running open. They were just poorly thrown balls, unless the receiver ran the route short, who knows!

You all are acting like the season is over and there’s still a chance (long shot) that we could win 10 games.

No one in this forum projected that before the season started.
Landon conspired with Pruett and Justice to get Doc canned last year
That is quite a statement about Landon, Pruett and Justice. How do you know it's true, or are you taking someone else's word for it? If so, who? Without proof, why should we accept just a bald accusation?

Im not the biggest Doc fan but this entire team is back next season, and it will cost way to much money to buy him out so he is not going anywhere.

Agree. I'm completely fine with that if we can get a young, innovative, enthusiastic OC to come to town. I feel like Doc has done enough for the program to avoid getting let go. A new OC should be enough to get us over the hump again hopefully. Granted, if he decides to keep Legg.. all bets are off.

That is quite a statement about Landon, Pruett and Justice. How do you know it's true, or are you taking someone else's word for it? If so, who? Without proof, why should we accept just a bald accusation?

Without getting too deep into it again, I have a family friend of 20 years with direct knowledge of the situation.

There were meetings with President Gilbert.

Do a Google search. You’ll find the article.

What does all of this matter. I know it pisses everyone here off on the manner we lost, BUT before the game how many on here suggested we would get trounced? Quite a few actually. I'm not into moral victories if you can call this that. In another post I stated that we are not a championship team yet, and honestly until we have a QB that doesn't buck under the pressure of the game, that will remain so. We should have beaten them, bottom line, but it was a far cry from being a blow out like most projected. 4 turnovers and you'd lose to Charlotte, its amazing we were able to stay in it with 4 tos. I'm not happy with legg or our ability to coach up a QB, I'm officially on the oust Legg train. We realistically have one more year of this, so buckle up guys for a run of the mill bowl this year and maybe next. 8-4 is not bad, which is what I predict this year, but man it could have been much better. Guys stop attacking your own brothers in arms, we have enough displeasure to go around right now. I think we beat WKU for the first time in the league, so again, buckle up for the rest of the story.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Reality therapy:

- Doc is not going to be fired, pushed out, retire or otherwise not the head coach in 18. Even if we lose out, which is very possible.

- Litton is not a good QB. College football is coming down to going all in a QB (see under Florida State 17 season). We should have been in the market for a JUCO or a graduate transfer. That is on Doc. There will be another group of 15-20 graduate transfers and JUCO this year and we should not make the same mistake twice.

- Chuck Landon is a bitter, black hearted person. He has nothing to say on any subject anyone should take seriously.

- BP is a old man. He is a great figure in MU history, but his time has passed. He was driven out by Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum, the worst person ever to be associated with MU athletics in its long history. But for that lying, thieving pile of s*** and his incompetent (and homosexual) compliance director crony. MU sports would still be on the growing track it was on before Snyder. He destroyed everything built up over 25 years of progress, and his destruction came at the worst time for us, just at the cusp of the last "great realignment" of conferences.

- There will be another "great realignment" in the mid 20s. Our AD's job is to get us looking our best for that coming event. No one knows what will happen then but whatever it is, we have to be ready to land somewhere.

- Until them, ask yourself this. Why do I follow MU sports? MU is what it is. We are in CUSA, we play CUSA teams, CUSA (and every other G5 league) means unless you go 13-0 you are going to play in some ginned up ESPN owned bowl that is what it is. Against another G5 or some 6-6 bottom feeder from a P5. It is what it is. When we were in the MAC, the MAC was what it was. When we were in I-AA that was what it was. MU is N E V E R going to be in the SEC people. This is a mid-major program in a poor and declinging state. I watched the I-AA era and the MAC era and the only people that pissed and moaned about the level of play were the ultra-jellous Spamites in the total fixation upon us. If you think beathing Middle Tennessee State is "nothing" and think that going to the Boca Raton Bowl is "nothing" then this is not for you. This is what MU is, always has been and always will be. A mid-major, playing a mid-major schedule with mid-major players in a mid-major stadium with a mid-major TV deal. If you cannot live with that, the you can flip to the dark side, where the prevaling fan ethos seems to be the exact opposite (a team that has acomplished exactly nothing in its history followed by delusional fans that spew child like idiocy). Or just follow Ohio State or Kentucky or Bama or ND or whatever. Obviously following something you think is "nothing" win or lose is a waste of your time.

- I remember when we did not have a team.

GO HERD.

Agree. I'm completely fine with that if we can get a young, innovative, enthusiastic OC to come to town. I feel like Doc has done enough for the program to avoid getting let go. A new OC should be enough to get us over the hump again hopefully. Granted, if he decides to keep Legg.. all bets are off.
Two words: Tony Petersen

Reactions: wally2023
If you think beathing Middle Tennessee State is "nothing" and think that going to the Boca Raton Bowl is "nothing" then this is not for you. This is what MU is, always has been and always will be. A mid-major, playing a mid-major schedule with mid-major players in a mid-major stadium with a mid-major TV deal.

Truer, sobering words were never spoken.

Reactions: SrHerdFan
Funny, I remember a top 10 ranking, heisman trophy candidates, conference championships, and excitement. Hell, I even remember them being on tv more.

Now MU football is like watching paint dry.

That was prior to the BCS and P5 conferences. Our problem was that the BCS didn’t exist in the 90’s or 2014.

That was prior to the BCS and P5 conferences. Our problem was that the BCS didn’t exist in the 90’s or 2014.
Oh come on. The traditional powers were still the traditional powers. Doesn't mean we can't be good. The "P5" conferences still existed. There is more inclusion now than there ever has been in terms of bowls and such. I am not sure what you are even trying to say.

Oh come on. The traditional powers were still the traditional powers. Doesn't mean we can't be good. The "P5" conferences still existed. There is more inclusion now than there ever has been in terms of bowls and such. I am not sure what you are even trying to say.

Look what the BCS did for Boise State.

Had the BCS been around in the late 90’s, our program may have went to levels we’ve never seen or will see.

We were undefeated, ranked in the top 10 and ended up playing a barely ranked BYU team in Detroit.

Had that season happened after the Access Bowl was created we would have been playing on New Year's Day against a much higher ranked and bigger name opponent. Then there's the payout that would have come our way.

Fairly certain that's what Josh means.

We were undefeated, ranked in the top 10 and ended up playing a barely ranked BYU team in Detroit.

Had that season happened after the Access Bowl was created we would have been playing on New Year's Day against a much higher ranked and bigger name opponent. Then there's the payout that would have come our way.

Fairly certain that's what Josh means.

I think the only way Marshall will ever see the Access Bowl is if every non conference game is against a P-5 school. Not just any P-5, but some of the better teams from that level, and you're going to have to win some of those games. In order to get those types of teams on your schedule you're going to have to drop the home and home or none stance. The CUSA schedule is just too weak to get enough respect even if you are the conference champion. Maybe not what you want to hear, but if you want an Access Bowl bid that's what it's going to take.

Yes, people have a false nostalgia for the MAC era. Understand what it was. O N L Y the conference champion went to a bowl, and it a ginned up deal in frozen Detroit, actually Pontiac. Everybody else in the league, and similar leagues, stayed home. After we moved up from the MAC, the system changed and now 6-6= bowl for every team in Div I, and there is the possibility of this access bowl. Who knew that was coming? Who foresaw that? I cannot remember anyone saying anything at the time about some coming system that would provide these things. All I remember was people understanding that we had accomplished all we could at that level and a desire to move up. People also have false nostalgia memories for how many time we actually were on TV, and how much not the greater world took of us really.

I think the only way Marshall will ever see the Access Bowl is if every non conference game is against a P-5 school. Not just any P-5, but some of the better teams from that level, and you're going to have to win some of those games. In order to get those types of teams on your schedule you're going to have to drop the home and home or none stance. The CUSA schedule is just too weak to get enough respect even if you are the conference champion. Maybe not what you want to hear, but if you want an Access Bowl bid that's what it's going to take.

I understand what you're saying but we're never going to play four P5 games out of conference in the same year. Especially not without some home games in return. Financially we can't afford it unless the payouts were ridiculous (like our $1 mill with the Gamecocks). Still, wouldn't be very fair to our fans to only have four home games.

We were right in the thick of it in 2014 and I believe we would have made it (we were neck and neck with Boise in the polls) if we hadn't lost to WKU. Big if, I know. That year we played three MAC schools and an FCS OOC.

The thing we will 100% have to do is finish undefeated. If we do that next year and beat South Carolina and NC State along the way I think we'd have a very good shot at the Access Bowl, as long as there isn't a UCF-type team among the other G5 conferences.

- Litton is not a good QB.

He’s also not a bad QB, which is what many on here try to present.

m

. But for that lying, thieving pile of s*** and his incompetent (and homosexual) compliance director crony.

Why did you feel it pertinent to discuss his sexuality? Morons like you perpetuate the belief that West Virginians are backwoods, bigoted, idiots. In this case, that stereotype rings true.

Reactions: NKY_HerdFan
He’s also not a bad QB, which is what many on here try to present.

Why did you feel it pertinent to discuss his sexuality? Morons like you perpetuate the belief that West Virginians are backwoods, bigoted, idiots. In this case, that stereotype rings true.

Good point, poster with the name Dave Loves Cock spelled backwards.

Wow, I never noticed that before. So this C.K. guy creates a name spelled backwards as his handle?

Well, some people are not open to different things. Dave probably felt threatened by some of the backwards thinking around here. He tried to mask it. I probably should have not blurted it out, but he needs help getting out of the closet.

Well, some people are not open to different things. Dave probably felt threatened by some of the backwards thinking around here. He tried to mask it. I probably should have not blurted it out, but he needs help getting out of the closet.
Great backhand return. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT