ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pearson

Sep 21, 2003
How much influence do you think Coach Pearson had on the offensive side of the ball yesterday? He is a former Ohio State player. Do you think you saw any Ohio State style running plays in the game with Morgan State? I think Coach Pearson is going to be a big plus for Marshall. How do you feel about this? Next poster......

How much influence do you think Coach Pearson had on the offensive side of the ball yesterday? He is a former Ohio State player. Do you think you saw any Ohio State style running plays in the game with Morgan State?

very, very little. no.

I thought all the runners, except Anderson, looked very strong, agile and aware of the game around them. Not saying PP had anything to do with it, but regardless it was apparent they all played with increased decision making and awareness. So far so good. As for OSU style, it isn't his to determine or implement; that decision belongs to the Offensive Coordinator.

Woody Hayes coined the saying "3 yards and a cloud of dust" which I found interesting because it would always be 4th and 1.

I guess now it would be 3 yards and a mouthful of rubber pellets at many stadiums. That just doesn't have the same panache.

Reactions: Herd Fever
From where I sit I saw Pittman is the best back we have. Anderson wants to jig and jag instead of running straight ahead like he should. Talk about running. Since we play Pitt I can post this. I taped the pitt game saturday and they ran the ball down Penn States throat. How will our front do against them?

From where I sit I saw Pittman is the best back we have. Anderson wants to jig and jag instead of running straight ahead like he should. Talk about running. Since we play Pitt I can post this. I taped the pitt game saturday and they ran the ball down Penn States throat. How will our front do against them?
I think we can. You have to remember that PSU isn't a whole team yet, not the PSU of old anyways. Look at pitt's first game, really not that impressive. I believe we have a decent shot at pitt, better chances than UL by far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT