ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stowers propaganda rebuttal

banker6796

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 15, 2007
it has come to my attention that Coach is defaming the Great Bobby Pruett by making bogus comparisons to John Holliday. So let's look at this fun comparison:

Final Sagarin Ratings for both coaches from best to worst:

1999 - 13 Pruett
2014 - 23 John
2001 - 34 Pruett
1997 - 36 Pruett
2002 - 53 Pruett
1998 - 54 Pruett
2003 - 56 Pruett
2013 - 61 John
2015 - 66 John
2000 - 74 Pruett
2011 - 79 John
2018 - 79 John
2019 - 84 (currently) John
2017 - 85 John
2004 - 106 Pruett
2012 - 107 John
2010 - 113 John
2016 - 160 John

So, one of the top seven for John and one of the bottom 8 for Pruett. Please don't ever compare the two again.

Thank you.

In two years, when asked who is the “winningest coach in Marshall history,” you’ll have to say Doc Holliday.

Throw out the ratings and opinions. They won’t matter then.

Doc will have surpassed Pruett’s 94 wins.

In two years, when asked who is the “winningest coach in Marshall history,” you’ll have to say Doc Holliday.

Oh trust us, there will always be an asterisk* along with following up that statement with the comparison of years coached, record against teams with a winning record, etc. He's also going to be the HC with the most years coaching the program too, but that doesn't mean anything to a John Apologist like you.

Oh trust us, there will always be an asterisk* along with following up that statement with the comparison of years coached, record against teams with a winning record, etc. He's also going to be the HC with the most years coaching the program too, but that doesn't mean anything to a John Apologist like you.

So if we’re adding asterisks to coaches, then you’d agree that we should add one to Pruett’s name for cheating. Right?

Reactions: The Real SamC

Why can’t we subtract wins over losing teams, like the post about “all-time FCS wins”? We all know he struggles agains any team at any level with a pulse.

IF that happens, it will have taken doc 3 additional years to do it.

Doc will have to coach at least another 5 years to equal the number of Pruetts conference championship titles provided he wins it every year for those 5 years.

Division titles: Pruett 6 Doc 2

Undefeated seasons: Pruett 2 Doc 0

Heisman candidates: Pruett 3 Doc 0

Ranked teams: Pruett 3 Doc 1

Your boy has a lot of catching up to do in 2 years.

Oh, that's a lame statement. If I coached at MU for 30 years I would be the winningest coach, but you certainly wouldn't call me the best. If I were to become the coach with the most wins after 30 years it would almost assuredly be followed by an *.

Last edited:
Reactions: Android_304
Doc will be remembered a little like Sonny Randle. Some loved him, many hated him. He however will struggle to be remembered as an all time great because he never made himself “part” of Marshall other than his paycheck and attire on the sideline.

He however will struggle to be remembered as an all time great because he never made himself “part” of Marshall other than his paycheck and attire on the sideline.

Of all the things ever said on here, this may be the most ridiculous.

I’d suggest attending a fountain ceremony and then make your decision as to whether or not he’s a “part of Marshall.”

Hell, he’s a bigger part of Marshall than you or I ever will be. It’s shameful that you’d even suggest otherwise.

Reactions: Herd Insider
Of all the things ever said on here, this may be the most ridiculous.

I’d suggest attending a fountain ceremony and then make your decision as to whether or not he’s a “part of Marshall.”

Hell, he’s a bigger part of Marshall than you or I ever will be. It’s shameful that you’d even suggest otherwise.

And once again you think you are the moral majority. I have been to many and still feel the same. You may think you know it all and are always right but you are just a clown. Don’t think you ever have the right to tell me anything about how I view things.

And once again you think you are the moral majority. I have been to many and still feel the same. You may think you know it all and are always right but you are just a clown. Don’t think you ever have the right to tell me anything about how I view things.

And another thing, don’t ever challenge my attachment/connection to Marshall. It is and will always be light years more significant than you due to many factors you will never have the ability to approach.

Championships bruh. That is all that matters. All these win and one title is like a QB throwing for 500 yards but never reaching the endzone.

Our red zone percentage this season is indicative of Doc's career. Between the 20s looks pretty good, but inside the 20s is bad.

Coach doesn't understand the difference between greatest and longest. He probably would argue that Todd Collins is one of the greatest NFL QBs ever because he had a 16 year career in the NFL. He didn't accomplish much, but drew a ton of pay checks, much like his hero John.

Championships bruh. That is all that matters. All these win and one title is like a QB throwing for 500 yards but never reaching the endzone.

Our red zone percentage this season is indicative of Doc's career. Between the 20s looks pretty good, but inside the 20s is bad.

Obviously you’re wrong otherwise we wouldn’t be in Year #10.

Obviously you’re wrong otherwise we wouldn’t be in Year #10.

I'm wrong? Sorry. You mean I'm wrong because championships don't matter to the current administration. They're perfectly fine losing to the likes of UNCC and playing in irrelevant bowl games for toy treasure chests full of mardi gras beads and play money.

The only time you’ll see me say anything personal to anyone on here is if they say something to me first, or make an idiotic statement about all the “true fans” (see Perkins, Aaron), so I’m not going to personally run either side down (unless it’s a wvu fan, then all bets are off). However, we went from “We Play for Championships” to “Yay! 8 wins” in less than two decades. Yes, that’s two decades of me giving to the Big Green and sitting in the stadium for almost every home game. Now, a lot of the blame can be placed on former (and current) AD and “Snydes” as well as scholarship restrictions early on....but we’ve been in a holding pattern for how long now? Eight years? I’m happy we win bowl games, but I’d be happier competing for conference titles every year THEN winning bowl games. I get we can’t win titles every year, but we should EXPECT to play for championships. I think this is where the majority of us are coming from. The C-USA title should freaking run through Huntington on a yearly basis, given the competition in this conference.

I have no problem with Doc being the winningest coach in MU History, but I have a problem with him not improving his teams during his tenure. He’s clearly improved the record and some talent from the “We need to fix that” years, but he’s not improving the program during his time here. Does that make sense?

Obvious to you and the dozens of others in attendance yesterday.

We could’ve been 0-11 and I still would’ve been there yesterday for the entire game.

That’s the mentality I wish more people had.

You’re there to support the university, not an individual coach or player.

yet, your position supports the coach over the mediocrity of the program or university.

No. I’m just gonna support no matter who the coach is because he’s part of the university.

I’m still going to donate, buy season tickets, attends games, etc......

We could’ve been 0-11 and I still would’ve been there yesterday for the entire game.

That’s the mentality I wish more people had.

You’re there to support the university, not an individual coach or player.

This is part of the problem. Who are you or anyone else to tell people why they go or don't go? They can go for any reason they want. Maybe they are just casual fans and like to watch the local team. Nobody has some moral obligation to blindly support anything or anybody. This type of condescending BS is what turns off a lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT